• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
MrPin

Work in Swissland?

Just now, Popuplights said:

Too much chocolate and cukoo clocks?

Do not mention that to the Swiss. "Cuckoo clocks" are from the Schwartzenwald region in Germany. It's like accusing a Lancastrian of being a Yorkshireman.

33 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I keep getting phoned up about work in Swissland. Is this wise, and what are the pitfalls?

Fucking expensive on the whole and, depending what you're into, a bit dull. If the money is good relative to the cost of living no reason not to do it though.

Just now, TheBlueCat said:

Fucking expensive on the whole and, depending what you're into, a bit dull. If the money is good relative to the cost of living no reason not to do it though.

Thanks. I'm getting my machine gun and cuckoo clock, just in case. Fucking Expensive is what I thought. Let's see how big their wallet is.

23 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Do not mention that to the Swiss. "Cuckoo clocks" are from the Schwartzenwald region in Germany. It's like accusing a Lancastrian of being a Yorkshireman.

Not even the cuckoo clock then after 500 years of endeavour.

If you find living in the most beautiful country on earth dull then you're doing something wrong. I've never been there but along with Austria it does look bloody stunning. 

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

If you find living in the most beautiful country on earth dull then you're doing something wrong. I've never been there but along with Austria it does look bloody stunning. 

I think it would be lovely, and I have no idea whether this mythical job will turn up. Just asking the pitfalls.

6 minutes ago, spunko said:

It's undeniably beautiful and, if nature is your number one thing then that's great. If, like me, you prefer your pursuits to be more urban and cultural then it's less wonderful. I have a good friend who worked at ETH for a number of years and, in the end, he took a move to Newcastle of all places because he was bored out of his mind in Zurich and it was the best offer he could find!

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

It's undeniably beautiful and, if nature is your number one thing then that's great. If, like me, you prefer your pursuits to be more urban and cultural then it's less wonderful. I have a good friend who worked at ETH for a number of years and, in the end, he took a move to Newcastle of all places because he was bored out of his mind in Zurich and it was the best offer he could find!

Obviously I would prefer Newcastle to Zurich, as they can't make stotties.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Obviously I would prefer Newcastle to Zurich, as they can't make stotties.

And they wear t-shirts regardless of how cold it gets unlike those soft Swiss bastards.

Just now, TheBlueCat said:

And they wear t-shirts regardless of how cold it gets unlike those soft Swiss bastards.

Fuckin poofs. It's only minus 15.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I keep getting phoned up about work in Swissland. Is this wise, and what are the pitfalls?

Its fine.

Itll be well paid.

Dont expect to stay when you lose your job.

2 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

It must be nice, just look at the trouble Steve McQueen took to get into it.

Lonely goatherds drew him there.:o

11 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Its fine.

Itll be well paid.

Dont expect to stay when you lose your job.

I'm sure there's some money in it, er, if it's not fictitious.

I've been to Switzerland numerous times. Always to immediately leave to go to France. 

And a lot of the French are arseholes.