• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Aliens attack earth...

Recommended Posts

Aliens attack earth and capture ten dosbodders... The aliens give then a test to see if humanity is worth keeping or should be destroyed.

The test is that the ten dosbodders are put in a line facing the same way. Each dosboder can see the back of the heads of the people in front of them. The aliens put a black or white hat on each dosbodder. You can't see your own hat or the hat of people behind you. But you can see the hats of the people in front of you.

Each dosboder has to guess the colour of the hat they are wearing. The person at the back has to guess the colour of their hat first, the person next in line has to guess the colour of their hat etc etc. At least nine dosboders have to guess the colour of their hat correctly.... Any talking etc leads to the destruction of humanity by anal probing... You can't communicate by saying anything other than "black" or "white". You can't communicate by speaking slowly/ loudly/ quietly etc.

How is it done... The aliens are on a lunch break and will be back soon for the test...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The person at the back call out the sequence of hats nearest to furthest, everyone in front of him (9 people) now knows which hat they are wearing. You didnt specify a limit to the number of times someone could say "black"/"white".

Edited by goldbug9999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't resolve this without hearing more detail of the anal probing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

The person at the back call out the sequence of hats nearest to furthest, everyone in front of him (9 people) now knows which hat they are wearing.

You've just caused the extinction of the human race... The aliens ask you which colour of hat you are wearing and you can just say "black" or "white" once.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Take your hat off and look at it

Or

First calls the colour of the hat in front.

next calls their own colour having just been told, and then calls the colour of hat in front.

Repeat down the line.

9 will be right, with  50% chance of all 10

 

 

Edited by snaga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

You've just caused the extinction of the human race... The aliens ask you which colour of hat you are wearing and you can just say "black" or "white" once.

 

The first guy doesnt have to guess right as the other 9 are guaranteed right. So you are refining your problem statement to limit the number of time someone can say black or white  ?.

Edited by goldbug9999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

Can't resolve this without hearing more detail of the anal probing 

Yes, some people pay for that, but once you turn 50, and go to the doctor for a swollen ankle, you are redirected to the "anal astromers"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Aliens attack earth and capture ten dosbodders... The aliens give then a test to see if humanity is worth keeping or should be destroyed.

The test is that the ten dosbodders are put in a line facing the same way. Each dosboder can see the back of the heads of the people in front of them. The aliens put a black or white hat on each dosbodder. You can't see your own hat or the hat of people behind you. But you can see the hats of the people in front of you.

Each dosboder has to guess the colour of the hat they are wearing. The person at the back has to guess the colour of their hat first, the person next in line has to guess the colour of their hat etc etc. At least nine dosboders have to guess the colour of their hat correctly.... Any talking etc leads to the destruction of humanity by anal probing... You can't communicate by saying anything other than "black" or "white". You can't communicate by speaking slowly/ loudly/ quietly etc.

How is it done... The aliens are on a lunch break and will be back soon for the test...

What kind of bizarre aliens would set that test?! Surely it would be much easier for them to look up a few people's arses to figure out if we were worth keeping around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

Aliens attack earth and capture ten dosbodders... The aliens give then a test to see if humanity is worth keeping or should be destroyed.

The test is that the ten dosbodders are put in a line facing the same way. Each dosboder can see the back of the heads of the people in front of them. The aliens put a black or white hat on each dosbodder. You can't see your own hat or the hat of people behind you. But you can see the hats of the people in front of you.

Each dosboder has to guess the colour of the hat they are wearing. The person at the back has to guess the colour of their hat first, the person next in line has to guess the colour of their hat etc etc. At least nine dosboders have to guess the colour of their hat correctly.... Any talking etc leads to the destruction of humanity by anal probing... You can't communicate by saying anything other than "black" or "white". You can't communicate by speaking slowly/ loudly/ quietly etc.

How is it done... The aliens are on a lunch break and will be back soon for the test...

How many hats of each colour are there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're fucked right from the start by only being allowed one word.

How could any true DOSDODder possibly resist saying that he/she had a more expensive and much blacker hat when hearing the previous one say his/hers was just "black"...?

;)

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the gardener said:

How many hats of each colour are there?

Alien technology is such that they can produce any number of hats... There could be ten white hats or ten black hats... Or anything in between...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.