• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
SNACR

Harry Potter

Posted (edited)

Now, I’m not a fan of Harry Potter at all but can this be as amazing as it looks? - six hour queues to ride it makes me wonder if maybe it is. You also sit astride a motorbike style coaster car a la Grand National at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Edited by SNACR

Posted (edited)

As far as coasters go, it looks far too tame. Three minutes ride time is pretty good. Overall though doesn't look amazing to me but guess it depends what you want from a ride. Six hours queuing? No chance. 

I've not been to a theme park for about 15 years so I'm sure some of the coasters are quite mental now. But the best coaster for me was superman at six flags in Georgia. 

Edited by A_P

9 minutes ago, A_P said:

As far as coasters go, it looks far too tame. Three minutes ride time is pretty good. Overall though doesn't look amazing to me but guess it depends what you want from a ride. Six hours queuing? No chance. 

I've not been to a theme park for about 15 years so I'm sure some of the coasters are quite mental now. But the best coaster for me was superman at six flags in Georgia. 

Different kettle of fish older style ones where it uses gravity and you can always anticipate when the drop is coming. These just propel the cars along very quickly and this one has seven what’s called launches which is a world record breaker.

14 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

A mild rollercoaster with a giant farting scorpion and a couple of other gimmicks? 6 hours? 

No. 

I might ring Amex concierge and see if they can book flights, tickets and pay a homeless person to stand in the queue.

4 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Different kettle of fish older style ones where it uses gravity and you can always anticipate when the drop is coming. These just propel the cars along very quickly and this one has seven what’s called launches which is a world record breaker.

It doesn't need to be high to be good. The only problem with this one is that if you are over 6'2 it absolutely crucifies your back and shoulders.

20 minutes ago, A_P said:

The kids want to go to Six Flags on their road trip in August but it is only open at weekends. Any idea why?

5 minutes ago, SNACR said:

oh for sure it has bit of it's own twist. Bit like the coaster at thorpe park that had the most corkscrews. Overall was a fairly tame ride though. But looking at the video is just seems it's a ride built that even the most fearful mums will go on. Given the likely audience it makes sense to do that. Personally just don't think it would give enough for the queue at least.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

It doesn't need to be high to be good. The only problem with this one is that if you are over 6'2 it absolutely crucifies your back and shoulders.

The kids want to go to Six Flags on their road trip in August but it is only open at weekends. Any idea why?

The two I've been to (long time ago now) both were open in the week and that was when we went. They were very quiet, which was surprising and didn't have to really queue for rides. Just thinking back, SFO Georgia would have been late in the season and the Six Flags San Fran one was early in the season. So no idea why they would only be open on the weekend. Would have thought it would be prime time to be open in August. 

I guess just thinking about it don't the kids go back to school in August over there?

Edited by A_P

7 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Is there a stopping service? That one went straight through all the intermediate stations. Fortunately nobody was waiting to get on.

I find adults who are into Harry Potter fucking sad. It's books/films for kids. It's a sign of the continued infantilization of Western adults by TPTB in order to keep us in a pliant child like state and buying crap.

59 minutes ago, gibbon said:

I find adults who are into Harry Potter fucking sad. It's books/films for kids. It's a sign of the continued infantilization of Western adults by TPTB in order to keep us in a pliant child like state and buying crap.

Same for Star Wars and Lego but not necessarily sure it’s new as such rather than accelerated/intensified by the internet or made it acceptable for adults to make public they read Harry Potter.

I worked with some bloke in the eighties who lived with his mum and had a room full of Star Wars shit.

On 05/07/2019 at 14:25, gibbon said:

I find adults who are into Harry Potter fucking sad.

I do have all the films. I think they are quite well done.:ph34r:xD

Looks fun. Nice earner for Robbie Coltrane.

I once interviewed a chap who lived in Penarth who was an ex special effect co-ordinator for the James Bond films. He had moved into amusement park rides and, IIRC, was one of the brains behind Alton Towers. He talked about these rides about to become huge business with the rides getting bigger and more involved. He was ride. Not a bad job to have. Probably made him a fortune as well.