• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
lid

Bad to the bone

9 hours ago, lid said:

A thread for badass related shit, a celebration of manliness in an age of snowflakism

Thing that stood out for me most was how most the criminals were black. Can't remember watching anything for years out of paedowood where there's groups of black criminals. Funny eh...almost like a group of people were trying to rewrite the narrative...hmmm

2 hours ago, ILikeCake said:

Insane! See that bug splatted on the camera lens? That's probably what the rider would look like if they fell off at that speed. That's a special kind of crazy I think.

3 hours ago, Panther said:

A personal one. Last summer while doing the Welsh 3000ers on my own I slipped and fell vertically 10 metres on Snowdon ending up on a ledge. This was high up on the Crib Goch ridge at 6am so I knew I had to find my way down to one of the paths so someone could find me. I got up and continued for a while to the 'escape route', slipping and sliding all the way down to the PYG track, then walked down to the road at Pen Y Pass. It took me over 4 hours, then I went home! Two days later I walked into A&E and became a major injury, I had broken my spine in two places, back and pelvis, they weren't expecting that!

Thread/

7 hours ago, montecristo said:

ok, one more from the brilliant Boardwalk Empire.

Never heard of that before, looks pretty good.

Dirty Harry has to be the fucking best. What an absolute force of badass nature.  I loved watching his films growing up.

8 hours ago, Panther said:

A personal one. Last summer while doing the Welsh 3000ers on my own I slipped and fell vertically 10 metres on Snowdon ending up on a ledge. This was high up on the Crib Goch ridge at 6am so I knew I had to find my way down to one of the paths so someone could find me. I got up and continued for a while to the 'escape route', slipping and sliding all the way down to the PYG track, then walked down to the road at Pen Y Pass. It took me over 4 hours, then I went home! Two days later I walked into A&E and became a major injury, I had broken my spine in two places, back and pelvis, they weren't expecting that!

Yet you couldn't update dosbods mid way through. Pffft

There's a couple of others. 

Of course John Wick is an absolute badass.

I quite liked the understated menace and violence of Denzel Washington in the Equaliser... I never saw that until it was on netflix/amazon recently.  I really enjoyed it. Much better than that fat bastard edward woodward. 

I liked the Equliser for his improvisation (corkscrews..... YOUCH)

Equaliser 2 looks pretty similar but bit more 'polished'

Right from his first year at road races Hickman has approached them differently to most riders I think.

Wasn't he fastest ever rookie his first time at TT ?

Watching over the years the general plan seems to be learn the course for the first two or three visits. Even the old hands tell you they are still learning after a decade. What tends to happen is they take a cautious route at first, avoiding kerbs, not clipping apexes, not using all the road. They get more adventurous once they are confident they know where they are going. At this point they aim to set a faster lap time by attacking the course more like they would ride a short circuit in BSB. Straightening corners, clipping apexes, and using the road as close to the kerbs as they dare. 

This is possibly the most dangerous period.

BSB riders like say, Josh Brookes, is as brave as anybody probably, but watch his on-boards, you'll notice he takes a cautious line. My guess is he has scared himself by using all the road, and reigned himself back in for safety.

Then there are typical Irish road racers, wet or dry, they are fast, and smooth, and very brave. Michael Dunlop this year didn't just clip the kerb at one point, he went up and along the footpath.

The mystery of Peter Hickman is how he is the fastest of all time around the TT, yet he stays close to the middle of the road, stays away from kerbs, and rides within himself. He's at nine-tenths rather than ten-tenths or beyond, for most of his laps.

Racers often say at high speed everything is mentally processed in slow motion.

Truly mind boggling.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/isle-of-man-tt-2016-peter-hickman-wary-of-getting-ahead-of-himself-but-kawasaki-ace-targeting-race-a7052621.html