• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Do you know who I am? DO YOU KNOW WHO I FUCKING AM?

A story of inflated ego and over inflated entitlement. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7213237/Hugh-Grant-angrily-confronts-waste-worker-mistaking-paparazzi-Rome.html

Hugh Grant pushed a woman's camera away after reportedly mistaking her for paparazzi during an angry altercation in Italy. 

The British actor was walking around Rome with his wife when he stumbled upon Luisa Melara, the head of municipal waste company AMA.

She had been filming a restaurateur fly-tipping as he dumped waste from the business in an area meant for household waste.

Melara blocked his wife Anna Elisabet Eberstein's path, which Grant apparently took offence to, reports Repubblica.   

In the clip, a female voice, believed to be Eberstein, is heard to say in English: 'Sorry? What were you doing? That's nice. Stupid c****.' 

Grant then says 'Don't put your foot out in front of my wife', before putting his hand in the way of the camera. 

Melara claims that she did not recognise Grant or his wife. She said she put her foot out in front of them to let them know they should not cross her path as she was filming.

She added: 'Grant, who was behind me, reached over and took my phone. I took it back [and] he said: "You are not polite."

'I said the same to him as a colleague explained that I was the president of Rome's rubbish collection company.' 

Twat. Self entitled twat. 

I am annoyed by people who take forever to snap a photograph and, whilst I will pause temporarily, I refuse to take the long route around their personal line of sight exclusion zone; somebody who thinks they can block a pavement because they happen to be videoing something can equally bugger off.

I'm with Hugh and his wife here; barring the unnecessary abusive language.

I dunno, ever since he became the public face of the phone hacking scandal alongside Steve Coogan I've felt the media coverage has been very negative and probably exaggerated to make him sound a prick. 

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I am annoyed by people who take forever to snap a photograph and, whilst I will pause temporarily, I refuse to take the long route around their personal line of sight exclusion zone; somebody who thinks they can block a pavement because they happen to be videoing something can equally bugger off.

Photograph vs filming. She is hardly going to wait for the Grants and miss the perp being caught in the act. 

1 hour ago, spunko said:

I dunno, ever since he became the public face of the phone hacking scandal alongside Steve Coogan I've felt the media coverage has been very negative and probably exaggerated to make him sound a prick. 

I've heard he can be quite the arsehole though I would be wary of trusting media sources as they've probably had the knives out for him for a while.

That said, Jon Stewart had some choice words about him when he appeared on his show....

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

wonderful bloke, likes hookers apparently, no proof of that though.

From a glimpse of the video it was dark -- at this time of year..?

And they were 'going for a walk' in the sort of area that a fly-tipper would dump their stuff.

Sounds to me like they both like hookers, apparently.  Or perhaps drug dealers.

I've no proof of that, though.

16 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Not sure if I’m being unfair but I’ve always viewed that image as a testament to Liz Hurley’s lack of skills/enthusiasm in an important (for a man) area.

There's a bit more going on than that.  A man in his position can buy whatever he wants -- and he wanted cheap.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, One percent said:

A story of inflated ego and over inflated entitlement. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7213237/Hugh-Grant-angrily-confronts-waste-worker-mistaking-paparazzi-Rome.html

Hugh Grant pushed a woman's camera away after reportedly mistaking her for paparazzi during an angry altercation in Italy. 

The British actor was walking around Rome with his wife when he stumbled upon Luisa Melara, the head of municipal waste company AMA.

She had been filming a restaurateur fly-tipping as he dumped waste from the business in an area meant for household waste.

Melara blocked his wife Anna Elisabet Eberstein's path, which Grant apparently took offence to, reports Repubblica.   

In the clip, a female voice, believed to be Eberstein, is heard to say in English: 'Sorry? What were you doing? That's nice. Stupid c****.' 

Grant then says 'Don't put your foot out in front of my wife', before putting his hand in the way of the camera. 

Melara claims that she did not recognise Grant or his wife. She said she put her foot out in front of them to let them know they should not cross her path as she was filming.

She added: 'Grant, who was behind me, reached over and took my phone. I took it back [and] he said: "You are not polite."

'I said the same to him as a colleague explained that I was the president of Rome's rubbish collection company.' 

Twat. Self entitled twat. 

Despite the camera being pushed away the camera seemed to stay remarkably still during the altercation and at least one of the fly tippers, presumably the restaurateur himself, looked extremely well dressed.  It didn't seem like a real altercation.  Celebrities aren't unknown for publicity stunts but that seems a strange one.

Outside of movies and talk shows etc Hugh does seem to like to get near to the more grim aspects of life. 

Edited by twocents

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, One percent said:

A story of inflated ego 

That is a bit of a condescending put down from Grant tbh. A bit nasty, and though the toe blocker is also in the wrong, Grant is inflaming the situation and is probably more in the wrong. Dark alleys at night can be a bit stabby, silly to get verbally involved especially the use of a patronising put down where the person you are aiming it at might see red or at the very least be left feeling a bit deflated.

Put it this way if someone toed me I would be vaguely amused ( I wouldn't dream of blocking a path myself btw), if someone gave me the Grant treatment I might get a bit mouthy too. So annoyingly precious.

Edited by crashmonitor

4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I used to do photography as a hobby, but I put it aside because as soon as you get out a decent camera it's like everyone needs to stand right in shot and just sort hang around for 20 minutes doing nothing, I was doing some long exposure photography on a beach once at around 11pm at night, empty beach apart from me, i'm about 60s into a 3 minute shot and some pillock walks over and stands right in front of my camera.
Then in Vietnam I had some Australian guy who made is family stand on an old wooden bridge for 15 minutes, just because he'd seen I was waiting to take a photo, as I recall I heard actually telling his family that this was the reason why they had to stay.

If I go to touristy areas I expect people to get in the way from time to time, that's life, if they're walking past you can take several shots and remove them in photoshop afterwards, but I just came to realise that people were doing it deliberately. Yet if some Joey Essex lookalike wants to take photo's of his duckfaced girlfriend next to the insanely busy Trevi fountain, suddenly everyone just parts aside for him, it's bonkers.

23 minutes ago, Snark said:

I used to do photography as a hobby, but I put it aside because as soon as you get out a decent camera it's like everyone needs to stand right in shot and just sort hang around for 20 minutes doing nothing, I was doing some long exposure photography on a beach once at around 11pm at night, empty beach apart from me, i'm about 60s into a 3 minute shot and some pillock walks over and stands right in front of my camera.
Then in Vietnam I had some Australian guy who made is family stand on an old wooden bridge for 15 minutes, just because he'd seen I was waiting to take a photo, as I recall I heard actually telling his family that this was the reason why they had to stay.

If I go to touristy areas I expect people to get in the way from time to time, that's life, if they're walking past you can take several shots and remove them in photoshop afterwards, but I just came to realise that people were doing it deliberately. Yet if some Joey Essex lookalike wants to take photo's of his duckfaced girlfriend next to the insanely busy Trevi fountain, suddenly everyone just parts aside for him, it's bonkers.

It is the same when I have a panic attack - one of which I just had in the crusty roll aisle at Sainsbury's. People seem to sense your distress and then suddenly everyone wishes to be where you are standing. You suddenly attract people like moths despite moving to a corner as far away from people as is possible. 

I think it is some predatory / weak prey thing in the primeval mind. With the photographs I suspect it is the equivalent of a peacock displaying its plumage.