• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Dosbods milestone

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

I did some quick calculations and it looks like this might be, give or take, the 500,000th post. Will we get to 1m? O.o

:Jumping:

I best get some more beer so I can post a load more crap tonight

25 minutes ago, spunko said:

I did some quick calculations and it looks like this might be, give or take, the 500,000th post. Will we get to 1m? O.o

Will get shut down for wrongthink well before 1M.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Do you ever get advertising requests once the forum gets to a certain size or do you have to approach them for that sort of thing?

Loving the lack of advertising, half the net has been ruined by intrusive and shit direct marketing so it's a breath of fresh air really.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Do you ever get advertising requests once the forum gets to a certain size or do you have to approach them for that sort of thing?

Loving the lack of advertising, half the net has been ruined by intrusive and shit direct marketing so it's a breath of fresh air really.

I would quite like to see some fake advertising such as Top Gear used to write on their race cars or Viz used to feature such as:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GARCH said:

^What was the previous spin off?  I used to be on GToS until that disappeared/collapsed back into ToS.

I suppose GeeHPeeCee was the original complementary forum (started off running weekends when ToS was frequently down) and that crashed and burned very acrimoniously.

Then Green Energy Investors which continues as a labour of love for Dr Bubb.

Unsustainable Future was originally Skinty's forum for (genuinely) green discussions but was hijacked by several malcontents from ToS who turned it into a new OT.  The biggest malcontent was mmmmbeer who had a chip on her shoulder and tried to wreck ToS before being banned.

Skinty became increasingly pissed off and rowed with and then banned several high profile posters before pulling the plug.

It was never intended to be a rival to ToS but a small number of posters tried to make it so much to Skinty's chagrin.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Unsustainable Future was originally Skinty's forum for (genuinely) green discussions but was hijacked by several malcontents from ToS who turned it into a new OT.  The biggest malcontent was mmmmbeer who had a chip on her shoulder and tried to wreck ToS before being banned.

Skinty became increasingly pissed off and rowed with and then banned several high profile posters before pulling the plug.

It was never intended to be a rival to ToS but a small number of posters tried to make it so much to Skinty's chagrin.

I was on there, I missed the big fall out at the end though. I think I'd drifted away by that point as it was starting to lose the plot a bit. 

Shame, I liked Skinty and her other half and I think their intentions were genuine. Like 99% of the net, it's ruined by a minority of twats. 

It's got to be said, this is a remarkably civilised and functioning forum considering there's no mods.

21 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

It's got to be said, this is a remarkably civilised and functioning forum considering there's no mods.

Fuck off mate

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

Beat me to it. xD

tbf, we are a very civilised lot on the whole. Well apart from @The XYY Man when he has been on the scotch (or in recent times when he has had to refrain, he has been even worse). o.O

I'm a big pussy cat.

Puuuuuurrrrrrrrrr...

XYY

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

green discussions but was hijacked by several malcontents from ToS who turned it into a new OT

I talked about badgers and and bassoons too much.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I talked about badgers and and bassoons too much.

Repetition of "and", and probably deviation...!

You'd be shite on "Just A Minute" you mind Pinny...

XYY

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Putin. Everything is Putin.

Sir, sir - the peasants are revolting...!!!

So they are (Ras)Putin, and so are you....

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I suppose GeeHPeeCee was the original complementary forum (started off running weekends when ToS was frequently down) and that crashed and burned very acrimoniously.

Then Green Energy Investors which continues as a labour of love for Dr Bubb.

I had no idea there were other spin offs from ToS. You learn something new! Was there ever a 'Dead Monkeys' or 'Dead Salmon'?xD

P.S. Thankyou @spunko and all contributors. Best site on the whole goddamn internet!

Edited by BadAlchemy