• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Libspero

Britons Abandon Facebook

Posted (edited)

Is it because Britons are being chucked off for being hideously white, not being extreme left of centre to the point that they are fascists and because they have not yet converted to islam - i.e. they dare to talk about other religions or no religions at all?

Edited by The Masked Tulip
found a typo, maybe more

There is a trend of moving from Facebook, globally.  This is driven partially by kids ('only old people use Facebook') and partially by the gloss wearing thin (for older users).

The question perhaps should be 'what will replace Facebook'.  It would be nice if the answer to that was 'having friends in real life'.

I've been telling people that FB is a surveillance program and not to use it or put any personal info or pics on there. Maybe others have cottoned on too.

Lifelog died the day FB was launched.

Image result for lifelog facebook

Posted (edited)

My impression is people are also getting slightly cannier about how they use social media. Ironically I think that is in part due to the fact so many now go on courses run by companies  warning employees of the dangers of the likes of Twitter and Facebook. There is a certain irony that the efforts of some big corporations to protect their reputations may end up screwing over the likes of Zuckerberg. In addition stories like this in the press probably don’t help either

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/using-facebook-instagram-holiday-can-3060197

Edited by Virgil Caine

1 hour ago, mattydread said:

Britons. 

What the fuck does that actually mean?

Muzzers polish ... somalis ... and some old people who dont tan.

39 minutes ago, dgul said:

There is a trend of moving from Facebook, globally.  This is driven partially by kids ('only old people use Facebook') and partially by the gloss wearing thin (for older users).

The question perhaps should be 'what will replace Facebook'.  It would be nice if the answer to that was 'having friends in real life'.

Oh! No!

People get bored when things are not shiny shiny!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Good. 

I will take great pleasure in watching Facebook auger itself into the ground. Twitter aside, I don't think anything else in human creation has been more responsible for turning half the planet into dribbling, reactionary bellends. If only it took fucking twitter with it.

I have never used it for the simple reason I  don’t like Zuckerbergs face.

I feel the same way about Jeremy Hunt.

Though I could summon up lots of rationalisations as to why I don’t like these individuals the truth is that one glance at their ugly mugs is what really put me off them.

Edited by Virgil Caine

The posey people who always turned the conversation round to "I never watch TV" (because TV is for plebs) have now moved on to "of course, I don't have a Farcebook account." 

That aside, I really believe it is true. I used to check fb several times a day but now down to once every couple of weeks just in case. There's nobody left on there apart from the kitten photo diehards and the advertisers. 

24 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

That aside, I really believe it is true. I used to check fb several times a day but now down to once every couple of weeks just in case. There's nobody left on there apart from the kitten photo diehards and the advertisers. 

Same here. When I go on there I’ll see a bunch of ads, a load of New Scientist and Atlantic articles (which I’m fine with) and then about 2 posts from real people. I still use Messenger a fair bit though.

23 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

The posey people who always turned the conversation round to "I never watch TV" (because TV is for plebs) have now moved on to "of course, I don't have a Farcebook account." 

I took the proactive step of not having any friends so as not to be tempted to use FB.

Seems instagram is popular with those crazy youths under 20 at the moment.

Again, I was proactive. My DNA been secured in transfer to my son and hes an ugly fucker. Thats put a stop to that malarky.

I am working on the psychological flaws so other means of social media communication are muted.

32 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

What is it with that cat thing, they seem to think everybody cares about their cats or anything cat related.

If you think your cat loves you like no other, try not feeding it for a couple of days, it will soon fuck off.

Whatsapp is good for staying in touch with groups, but I have one friend who seems to think everybody needs to see every viral video ever made so I have to leave every group he is in. How he manages to hold down a full time job whilst posting all day is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

I took the proactive step of not having any friends so as not to be tempted to use FB.

After 11 years of use I think I have about 120 Facebook friends. I never was one for friendcasting everyone I knew existed nor accepting same. I've never met about half of them and these are people I sort of have or had a loose commercial relationship with. The majority of the remainder are people I knew years ago but now don't move in the same circles and we forgot who each other are. This leaves let's be generous and say about a dozen active friends and relatives. I would rather contact these some other way than Facebook. If everyone is like me then what hope does it have as a business. 

Posted (edited)

I was very proud of my brother, who I always thought of as being fairly normie, when he mentioned recently that he deleted his facebook after not having used it for months.

I think some people are seeing social media for what it is and choosing not to participate any more. I remember a few years back my brother appearing in photos with a female friend (who had a boyfriend) doing the soyboy open mouth pose and cringing on his behalf. I'm happy he's gotten the fuck off facebook and I'm very tempted to do the same myself - I never post on it but it's useful for letting you know what events are coming up in the area.

The biggest facebook users I know are all women, trying to outdo each other with the game of 'who has the most amazing life'. Most blokes I know don't give a shit about it and never post even if they do happen to have a profile.

Edited by JoeDavola

4 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

After 11 years of use I think I have about 120 Facebook friends. I never was one for friendcasting everyone I knew existed nor accepting same. I've never met about half of them and these are people I sort of have or had a loose commercial relationship with. The majority of the remainder are people I knew years ago but now don't move in the same circles and we forgot who each other are. This leaves let's be generous and say about a dozen active friends and relatives. I would rather contact these some other way than Facebook. If everyone is like me then what hope does it have as a business. 

I wonder if there are key people. The rest would be as your goodself and I.

Those who just accrue sodding tons of so called friends...either needy..business linked...or could well be they have many friends.

They must act as serious enablers for FB making multiple links and associated data harvesting.

Acting as big information stiches...or snitches.

Going against the group here but I like Facebook. I just don't use it in the way it was intended. I only have three friends and never post.

But it is a very good source of local information if you join the right groups and can be a force for good.

For example, a local spotted a couple of lads in a van trying to nick stuff from his garden. It was on Facebook within minutes and the van was tracked and a few other incidents noted.

Within a few hours there were probably about 1,000 Miss Marples looking out for them. They tried to get on the ferry, got spotted by a Facebook user, plod called and they were arrested. All property will be returned to the owners.

I don't think they understood how the community works down here, and Facebook helps that happen.

Didn't help that they were Asian and stood out like a sore thumb though.

11 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Going against the group here but I like Facebook. I just don't use it in the way it was intended. I only have three friends and never post.

But it is a very good source of local information if you join the right groups and can be a force for good.

For example, a local spotted a couple of lads in a van trying to nick stuff from his garden. It was on Facebook within minutes and the van was tracked and a few other incidents noted.

Within a few hours there were probably about 1,000 Miss Marples looking out for them. They tried to get on the ferry, got spotted by a Facebook user, plod called and they were arrested. All property will be returned to the owners.

I don't think they understood how the community works down here, and Facebook helps that happen.

Didn't help that they were Asian and stood out like a sore thumb though.

That many?  o.O

runs away. xD