• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Updated: DOSBODS downtime + DDOS

I thought maybe you had added a filter stopping posts on Diane Abbottopotamus and Tim Farron. If there is, I am well and truly lost in the wilderness.

1 minute ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

I never made it to the stealth thread and therefore don't know where the RV point is......

How do we know that you're Spunko and not the TPTB Spunkobot

The must workable RV seems to be to Google the usernames of some of the more prolific posters.

7 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I went to the twitter account as back-up and found a misrepresentation of something I typed in the stealth forum. Obviously doesn't like symbols.

Yeah, I took the path of least resistance and ignore basically everything other than plain text.

5 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

I went to the twitter account as back-up and found a misrepresentation of something I typed in the stealth forum. Obviously doesn't like symbols.

So did I, by clicking the link on the footer below. There's nothing there though, it seems that links is to the wrong twitter account :

dosbodsUK -

https://mobile.twitter.com/dosbodsUK

not

dosbods -

https://mobile.twitter.com/dosbods

Now I'm on the proper one I can see all the shit you lot have posted on the stealth forum! 

@spunko2010 when you have time, could you change the twitter link in the footer please?

2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

So did I, by clicking the link on the footer below. There's nothing there though, it seems that links is to the wrong twitter account :

dosbodsUK -

https://mobile.twitter.com/dosbodsUK

not

dosbods -

https://mobile.twitter.com/dosbods

Now I'm on the proper one I can see all the shit you lot have posted on the stealth forum! 

@spunko2010 when you have time, could you change the twitter link in the footer please?

Another member on here is running the Twitter page. They registered the username before me, I own the @DosbodsUK one... Haven't bothered updating it, but will have to sort this out with the other member.

12 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Another member on here is running the Twitter page. They registered the username before me, I own the @DosbodsUK one... Haven't bothered updating it, but will have to sort this out with the other member.

Ok, as long as it's something folk are aware of.

Can I ask, was it our site specifically which was targeted with the DDOS earlier or was it wider than that?

Thanks!

First DDOS attack? That's like a badge of honor: it means "you've been noticed".

Ok, ok, I know it was most probably just some script-kiddie targeting forums at random. I can dream, no?

5 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

First DDOS attack? That's like a badge of honor: it means "you've been noticed".

Ok, ok, I know it was most probably just some script-kiddie targeting forums at random. I can dream, no?

I still think it was 1%. She has been radishalised. 😁

8 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

The question is, by whom?  It might just be GCHQ....

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

still screwing me around - asking for a Captcha entry then not working

That will be the anti-foreigner device.

I always get too clever working out which square has signposts in it. I assume they are trick questions.

9 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

still screwing me around - asking for a Captcha entry then not working

It should go after an hour. cloud flare has decided you're up to no good!

36 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Ok, as long as it's something folk are aware of.

Can I ask, was it our site specifically which was targeted with the DDOS earlier or was it wider than that?

Thanks!

Don't think so. It was probably just another an automated script or something targeting loads of random sites looking for exploits. 

If you want a metaphor imagine how often your home is staked out by a potential thief. .. Maybe once a year.  On the internet that happens several times a minute to the average server!

Just now, spunko2010 said:

It should go after an hour. cloud flare has decided you're up to no good!

Cloudfare is smart, very smart.

When it asks to change its name by deed poll to "Skynet" - I will s*** my pants.

4 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Don't think so. It was probably just another an automated script or something targeting loads of random sites looking for exploits. 

If you want a metaphor imagine how often your home is staked out by a potential thief. .. Maybe once a year.  On the internet that happens several times a minute to the average server!

Oh, I kinda liked the idea we were being targeted specifically!

Well done for managing to fix it, I was a bit lost without it!