• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Deutsche doing a Lehmans?

Posted (edited)

I've been saying to watch Deutsche for the last few years - they are basically the export financing arm of German industry.... let's hope we get out of the EU before that sucker goes down!

Edited by Southmartin

3 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Doubt if it’ll be allowed to do a Lehmanns. 

They’d rather print the have-nots into servitude than allow bankers to be made unemployed/imprisoned.

Not sure the printing press can print whats needed.

Has all of a sudden got that feeling of summer 2007 when we were told everything is OK ... only for NR to have a run on it a few months later.

Whats gone on from 2009 to 2019 is far more insane than what happened the decade prior to the 2007/8 crisis.

13 minutes ago, Tdog said:
20 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Doubt if it’ll be allowed to do a Lehmanns. 

They’d rather print the have-nots into servitude than allow bankers to be made unemployed/imprisoned.

Not sure the printing press can print whats needed.

Has all of a sudden got that feeling of summer 2007 when we were told everything is OK ... only for NR to have a run on it a few months later.

Whats gone on from 2009 to 2019 is far more insane than what happened the decade prior to the 2007/8 crisis.

But, but, but they did this:-

' EU calls time on 'too big to fail' with bank bail-in laws. Taxpayers will no longer have to foot the bill for collapsing banks as part of Brussels plans to create a banking union'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/12076186/Europes-trillion-euro-bank-bail-outs-are-over.html

Posted (edited)

I know a person who knows a trader in Deutsche.

Wild west stuff based on the stories I'm hearing - basically gambling and like gambling could all go tits up. Doesn't sound to me like anyone's learned from the last crisis.

If I had money in DB I'd have taken it out long ago.

Edited by JoeDavola

Deutsche is basically an RBS re-run but with the restructuring happening 10 years later than it should. I don’t see it surviving in its current form but I don’t see it going into liquidation either. More likely the German government will have to stump up 50b to take on the liabilities of the huge derivatives portfolio - aka bad bank - so the retail and commercial part can move on.

27 minutes ago, spunko said:

The remoaners will have nowhere to hide with this one when it immolates. Deutsche Bank is to the EU what grass is to rabbits, they go hand in hand.

Ironicly I’ve just had an email from Lloyd’s saying everyones saveing s are protected up to 85k

22 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Deutsche is basically an RBS re-run but with the restructuring happening 10 years later than it should. I don’t see it surviving in its current form but I don’t see it going into liquidation either. More likely the German government will have to stump up 50b to take on the liabilities of the huge derivatives portfolio - aka bad bank - so the retail and commercial part can move on.

They will protect it they have no choice

30 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I was going to also say ten years too late; it has been common knowledge in finance / banking circles since then that there was going to have to be state intervention in DB because of its exposures with the only question being when.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I was going to also say ten years too late; it has been common knowledge in finance / banking circles since then that there was going to have to be state intervention in DB because of its exposures with the only question being when.

I expect this bank panic started when you took your £50 out, and they became insolvent.:o

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

I expect this bank panic started when you took your £50 out, and they became insolvent.:o

Only if I took it out in 2008.

A bank is like an insurance company; they become insolvent a long time before their management realise it and that is also a long time before they admit it to the regulator.

This is because in both industries they book profits before they know what their costs (bad debts / claims) are going to be.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Only if I took it out in 2008.

A bank is like an insurance company; they become insolvent a long time before their management realise it and that is also a long time before they admit it to the regulator.

This is because in both industries they book profits before they know what their costs (bad debts / claims) are going to be.

You are sounding like an accountant, and not the trucker we know and love.:D

2 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

On the contrary. They learned their lesson very well. 

Unfortunately the lesson they were given was do whatever the fuck you want, the government will throw the plebs under the bus to save you, and you get to keep your massive bonuses either way.

Time to put some bankers in jail I think.

Exactly

Now why isn't this happening in Iceland I wonder... oh yes

3 hours ago, spunko said:

The remoaners will have nowhere to hide with this one when it immolates. Deutsche Bank is to the EU what grass is to rabbits, they go hand in hand.

Can't see that, whether someone is personally Remoaner or Bracist the average UK person, being outside the Eurozone, won't see much fallout from DB.

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

Can't see that, whether someone is personally Remoaner or Bracist the average UK person, being outside the Eurozone, won't see much fallout from DB.

Slight flaw in your argument, three years and counting after the referendum, we are still in. Whilst in, we will be exposed to this. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Slight flaw in your argument, three years and counting after the referendum, we are still in. Whilst in, we will be exposed to this. 

In the sense of every country being exposed to the global banking system then yes, but it will be much more dangerous for  the shaky euro countries than other currencies.

A Bank With $49 Trillion In Derivatives Exposure Is Melting Down Before Our Eyes

Could it be possible that we are on the verge of the next “Lehman Brothers moment”? 

Deutsche Bank is the most important bank in all of Europe, it has 49 trillion dollars in exposure to derivatives, and most of the largest “too big to fail banks” in the United States have very deep financial connections to the bank.  In other words, the global financial system simply cannot afford for Deutsche Bank to fail, and right now it is literally melting down right in front of our eyes.  For years I have been warning that this day would come, and even though it has been hit by scandal after scandal, somehow Deutsche Bank was able to survive until now.  But after what we have witnessed in recent days, many now believe that the end is near for Deutsche Bank

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I’m geting all excited over a bank collapse I’m defenatly geting old

Good news Stokie, that doesnt mean you're getting old just means you're a boring bastard. :P

My lifes so bland i feel a sense of joy at opening Salted Caramel Hagen Daazs ice cream! 

Edited by Tdog