• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

Natwest scam text

1 minute ago, 201p said:

Just had this come - the website is not natwests!

The actual website is https://www.nwolb.com

The scam site has replaced the "o" with "0" and added an extra "l". You can't click any of the other links on the fake website.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.c6581c928d65ade1d5671ad884bdf661.jpg

I had a similar one from EE this week. I’m not with EE. 

I hate scam texts as you can’t seem to delete them as you would with an email

Ok if you enter the password - you will ALWAYS fail, and you get to this screen, which asks for your full password (don't do it), which is how this operation works.

Untitled.gif.0618307511439e3eb7873715614f7433.gif

Posted (edited)

Then it takes you to this screen

Untitled2.thumb.gif.10d65272420f1e8480c49f71b3f6d39d.gif

Then it goes to this

Untitled3.thumb.gif.c2b741c604ee1a6f6ce6257f4c1ac6f7.gif

And then directs you to the official Natwest page

Edited by 201p

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Ditto.

I get a bank statement once a month and tick it off.

If you don't have a login and password it can't be stolen.

Same applies if you don't have any money.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I think even the brightest can get "taken in" by these frauds, in an off moment.

Yes. To be fair that is one of the more convincing ones I have seen.

The only time I had a double take was down to timing. I received one pretending to be from Amazon saying that my payment had failed. Since I had made a purchase from Amazon just minutes before it nearly had me.

I guess they work on the theory that if you send out a few million of them, you are bound to hit upon someone that has just made a transaction.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Or shoes.

I had to buy a new pair for AGI at the weekend. And my hiking boots have now returned. Still on a timeshare basis with the deck shoes but I am better shod now than last week.

How come the international banking system, with all of its money and wealth, isn't capable of making a system that actually works properly.

[or, rather, it works properly for them -- there's extraordinarily low chances of things like double-spend, say.  But is doesn't work properly for its customers -- there should be no chance for people to just move 'digital money' out of the banking system without any trace/recourse -- but, despite all the KYC and other stuff, it seems to just leak cash constantly]

8 minutes ago, dgul said:

How come the international banking system, with all of its money and wealth, isn't capable of making a system that actually works properly.

[or, rather, it works properly for them -- there's extraordinarily low chances of things like double-spend, say.  But is doesn't work properly for its customers -- there should be no chance for people to just move 'digital money' out of the banking system without any trace/recourse -- but, despite all the KYC and other stuff, it seems to just leak cash constantly]

I like the "Don't click on any links in an email, it could be scammers" email you get from them and then 30 seconds later a "Look at our new offers, click here to login" email.

Make your fucking mind up! xD

16 hours ago, MrPin said:

Good one. Why I don't do online banking.

16 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Ditto.

I get a bank statement once a month and tick it off.

If you don't have a login and password it can't be stolen.

You're probably better off setting up online banking with a long password made up of random characters that you make no note of (same for any security questions). Someone I know thought he was being clever by not having online banking but it turns out it can be easier for scammers to set up online banking on your account than get into an existing one.

16 minutes ago, This Time said:

You're probably better off setting up online banking with a long password made up of random characters that you make no note of (same for any security questions). Someone I know thought he was being clever by not having online banking but it turns out it can be easier for scammers to set up online banking on your account than get into an existing one.

Oh, may have to think about it then.