• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Wow. GP surgery financial disasters

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/gp-surgery-manager-jailed-calculated-16566955

It emerged £582,265.65 had gone missing in 327 illicit transactions since their manager was appointed on a £38,000-a-year salary.

This is at my local GP practice. 

Four of the five doctors at the surgery subsequently had to leave or take early retirement as a result of the thefts.

1/2 million over 18 months and no-one noticed.  That's called negligence in my book.

And over £100k to each of the online betting companies -- they're supposed to ask questions (negligence again).

She'd have been better off if she'd just stolen it -- shows that gambling is bad...

I can have a good bet on what happened -no pun intended.

Since Gorddy double GPs salaries to 100k, loads - and I mean most of them - have been going part-time.

Now a PT GP is pretty useless, so theyll have put more weight   on the practice manager. Previously, youd have had a couple of senior partners keeping an eye on the money/business side.

But rather than recruiting -and paying - for a manager who can deal with all the shit, they'll have recruited - and paid for - a receptionist.

So youll have someone whos previous job would have been booking appointments, put in charge of an org with quite a lot of money flowing thru.

And no GP overseeing or checking it - too bus spending Gorddies windfall and planning for retirement.

The number of people who can oversee/mnage a busy GOPs is tiny, mainly as GPS are such a bunch of idots to work for.