DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

All i know is back in the day when we used to go to Amsterdam none of the lads liked a German hooker they were like sacks of potatoes and their chit chat boring.You could always tell the German blokes though Heavy metal crumpled t shirts.I spent 30 minutes with a Slovakian one who had about 8 Turks pestering her at the door she leaned over and said to me "your English" and dragged me in.She said she hated Turks and knew i was English because nice clothes and stylish :D yeah i still left 30 guilders lighter.

State of England these days she'd not be able to tell. xD

Some of us still have style but it is dying out.

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yadda yadda yadda
47 minutes ago, Stuey said:

5th September. 

This weekend will be the last hurrah, the one after will show how the rest of the year is going to be. 

I reckon November it turns to shit. Higher utilities bills land in October so little money left. What there is will go on Christmas.

Yadda yadda yadda
36 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Macro-economic indicator of used enthusiast cars losing value:

A long way still to go, based on the white Merc with gullwing doors going 115K to 200k, and now down to ~160k. Anyone buying one at 200k to speculate using a HELOC is in a world of hurt I imagine.

(Probably not worth watching just for that though, but interesting to see normies catching up to thread themes)

Anyone borrowing big money to speculate on cars or wine or art deserves to get fucked.

1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I reckon November it turns to shit. Higher utilities bills land in October so little money left. What there is will go on Christmas.

The new energy "price cap" is published tomorrow...followed by letters arriving from suppliers Tuesday after people have spunked £500 over the Bank Hols on kebabs, fruit machines and brasses...

33 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Just as the clocks change.

1 hour ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I never do short term, but come Xmas I wouldn’t be invested in Turkey producers (2 sisters own Bernard Mathew’s IIRC) and the likes of wetherspoons and Toby Carvery (whilst people still have the money to eat out) could see a boost ;)

How much is cooking a Turkey for 5 hours in peak hours going to cost when energy is in the forefront of everyone’s minds? (I do mine overnight)

42 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

I never do short and longs, but come Xmas short Turkey producers (2 sisters own Bernard Mathew’s IIRC) and long  wetherspoons and Toby Carvery (whilst people still have the money to eat out) ;)

How much is cooking a Turkey for 5 hours in peak hours going to cost when energy is in the forefront of everyone’s minds? (I do mine overnight)

Surely the energy savings of bulk cooking in a catering setting are more than offset by margin/staff costs and the energy inefficiency of hospitality?

1 hour ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Anyone borrowing big money to speculate on cars or wine or art deserves to get fucked.

You missed out housing.

(...swiss watches, campervans, lego, electric guitars)

1 hour ago, ILikeCake said:

Just as the clocks change.

Oh brilliant I will be able to dust off yet again my annual "Dyslexics worried about their cocks going black" joke.

Re-use, recycle, re-enjoy.

53 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Surely the energy savings of bulk cooking in a catering setting are more than offset by margin/staff costs and the energy inefficiency of hospitality?

You missed out housing.

(...swiss watches, campervans, lego, electric guitars)

On a real level yes. I’m talking about a perceived level. Everyone will be passing the buck this year over which family members turn it is this year to save energy costs when the real shit hits and is actually felt by xmas.

(as regards to everything else I’ve already explained, housing down in the BK which was always my estimation from TOS, I’m mortgage free, classic cars sold, Lego sold, caravan stays, watch is for my daughter)

1 hour ago, Lightscribe said:

I never do short term, but come Xmas I wouldn’t be invested in Turkey producers (2 sisters own Bernard Mathew’s IIRC) and the likes of wetherspoons and Toby Carvery (whilst people still have the money to eat out) could see a boost ;)

5hrs xmax 3 kwh x unit(kwh) rate will be know tomorrow probably sub50p.

iow less than 7.50 but probably nearer 4 quid or less than a pint.

rounding error in the context of dosh dpunked on shitmas.

which neatly demonstrates my earlier point that project fear of an unknown energy cost is more scary when you cant.wont.dont work out what the actual amount will be and whether its a problem.

media needs to fuck off with project fear.

3 minutes ago, BWW said:

5hrs xmax 3 kwh x unit(kwh) rate will be know tomorrow probably sub50p.

iow less than 7.50 but probably nearer 4 quid or less than a pint.

rounding error in the context of dosh dpunked on shitmas.

which neatly demonstrates my earlier point that project fear of an unknown energy cost is more scary when you cant.wont.dont work out what the actual amount will be and whether its a problem.

media needs to fuck off with project fear.

The likelihood of the likes of the British public actually is working out costs?
Or the like of Martin Lewis screaming form the rooftops of how ‘Tiny Tim wont be comin ‘ome this Christmas’

M S E Refugee

Google to ‘inoculate’ Eastern Europeans against disinformation https://www.rt.com/news/561571-google-ukrainian-refugees-infodemic-experiment/

I take it most people who work for Google were born way after the Iron Curtain came down.

Maybe they don't realise that Communist disinformation is still fresh in the memory in Eastern and Central Europe, these Woke cunts are really fucking stupid.

7 hours ago, Starsend said:

I wish I lived in more sane times when adults were in charge, hard work was rewarded and the girlies were slim. Nobody enjoys trying to navigate this mess surely.

Well yes, but not too slim I hope. I am a man who likes to get both hands full.

7 hours ago, Starsend said:

I wish I lived in more sane times when adults were in charge, hard work was rewarded and the girlies were slim. Nobody enjoys trying to navigate this mess surely.

Well yes, but not too slim I hope. I am a man who likes to get both hands full.

Uncle Buck Rogers
2 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

Fuck Heinz. Lidl do 4 tins of rather nice Beans for £1.09

Just now, Uncle Buck Rogers said:

Correct. Just bought 4 sovereigns. Fuck you paper bullshit so called promise bollocks. Rant over. 

Yadda yadda yadda
4 hours ago, Stuey said:

The new energy "price cap" is published tomorrow...followed by letters arriving from suppliers Tuesday after people have spunked £500 over the Bank Hols on kebabs, fruit machines and brasses...

Will the letters be posted immediately? There will be a load of blathering tomorrow about what subsidies the new prime minister will implement. If they do post the letters ASAP there will be a lot of whinging about the huge new predicted bills.

4 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

5.5% the rest is one off payments,so compouding they should say Unite has managed to get Heinz workers the biggest pay cut in its history.

The real story of course is big company pay up 5.5%,retired council workers pensions up 13%,bennies up 13%,coppers up 13% etc etc.

The government froze tax allowances of course that means they are sucking all pay increases into tax.Likely there will be a gilt crisis at some point as the BOE wont monetise from here.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck Rogers said:

Id say Lidl beans are easily the best,Heinz are garbage now anyway,like water,horrid.Im a bit miffed they havent gone up yet given how many i have.Unlike the bint on Mumsnet though my partner joins in with the stock piling,she came in with 48 tins of corned beef from Asda and even got 10% off with her blue light card.Iv purchased a rice cooker as well,fantastic thing,rice is perfect every time and quick.Makes amazing fried rice after a night in the fridge,i can make chicken fried rice for two for around £1.70 and its almost exactly the same as a takeaway,i use MSG of course.

Archived