DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Sell your whole portfolio!

sarahbell

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/01/2022 at 08:52, eek said:

There are few places left where additional tax revenue can be extracted from.

Everytime there is a conversation (elsewhere) on how you could generate more tax I  continually come back to a wealth tax focussed on property - it literally is the only thing not taxed appropriately.

And putting a 0.5% tax on wealth via current house prices would probably have a nice impact on current prices by reducing them a bit. 

If you look at the US (who we always seem to follow sooner or later) I think I am right in saying that they have much more punative property taxes? i.e. the reason why you could buy houses in Detroit from 100USD was because of the back taxes owed.

4 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

If you look at the US (who we always seem to follow sooner or later) I think I am right in saying that they have much more punative property taxes? i.e. the reason why you could buy houses in Detroit from 100USD was because of the back taxes owed.

yes, and in some states/counties the local authorities also levy huge admin fees on everything to do with your house (such as electrical inspections every time you put in a light socket which they charge you for).

As you would expect, blue states do this more than red states

Archived