DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Refer a friend offers, bank switches, cashback on spending etc etc

supernaut

supernaut

I will get the ball rolling with Rakuten ( like quidco, topcashback)

The offer is sign up via my link and spend minimum £30 at one of the sites they offer cashback on.

If it all tracks correctly we should both get £15 added within 90 days , can withdraw via paypal

I would clear all cookies of the site you will click through to via your rakuten account to purchase

www.rakuten.co.uk/r/BILLY3218?eeid=28187

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

supernaut

I do all my tesco spending via swiipi , it's an app that you buy gift vouchers from with discounts.

In this example i will upload £47 via google wallet using my trading 212 virtual debit card ( 1.5% cashback) , when funds arrive at swiipi ( instant) i get credited an extra £3.29 ish in my balance as a bonus .

I now have £50.29 to buy a tesco gift card , i buy a £50 gift card and add this gift card to my google wallet and spend in tesco as normal, the 29p stays in my swiipi balance for next time

My trading 212 £47 deposit will yield me another 70p cashback ,can use other cards (chase 1%, uphold 1%, possibly a credit card deal etc) but its what I'm using

• Informative 3
  • Cheers 1

supernaut

Tesco gift cards suit me via trading 212 into swiipi as I get staff discount so another 10%, so roughly 18.5% discount, swiipi do have sainsburys but are probably more limited in general than other giftcard providers

supernaut

Trading 212 virtual debit card is a bit of a ball ache as if you don't want to pay £5 for the physical card ( I didn't) as currently not available to add on google wallet, but I have a work around which is Curve.

I added my trading 212 card to curve and use it a my primary card through that app, curve can be added to google wallet. If you haven't got curve probably best to use another cashback on spending card than Trading 212 if you have one, I had a curve account so no bother to me .

supernaut

Quite possibly all sounds a bit "what the hell is this shit" and if starting from a fresh yes I concur, but once on the path its all fairly easy and intuitive .

M S E Refugee
1 hour ago, supernaut said:

I will get the ball rolling with Rakuten ( like quidco, topcashback)

The offer is sign up via my link and spend minimum £30 at one of the sites they offer cashback on.

If it all tracks correctly we should both get £15 added within 90 days , can withdraw via paypal

I would clear all cookies of the site you will click through to via your rakuten account to purchase

www.rakuten.co.uk/r/BILLY3218?eeid=28187

I've signed up.

supernaut
1 minute ago, M S E Refugee said:

I've signed up.

Thanks, I can see it is pending.

Would you like to put your link up? I can then remove my link anyone else interested can sign up via you link. 

M S E Refugee
1 minute ago, supernaut said:

Thanks, I can see it is pending.

Would you like to put your link up? I can then remove my link anyone else interested can sign up via you link. 

It's okay, just keep yours up.

• Cheers 1

supernaut

I have a link for an offer at raisin uk, I won't put it up unless anyone shows an interest as not sure its that great for the referred person but does work out at roughly 7% interest for the 6 month lock in

Through the raisin uk savings platform add and save 5k for a £50 bonus each, they currently have a 6 month bond at 5.1% ( fscs protected), with the £50 bonus its yielding roughly 7%.

I signed up a month or so ago and so far no problems, I appreciate its a fair amount to lock in, i was happy to do it as i then referred the gf.

supernaut

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/current-accounts/switch/

Probably the best current switch offer , over the years I have done quite a few, this particular offer is not available to me as I did it last year.

I have never switched out my main accounts but over the years have collected plenty of "burner" accounts for the sole objective of switching bonuses, no need to go crazy as they all come around again sooner or later.

Funn3r
Posted (edited)

Don't know if all banks do it but my Lloyds current account has a permanent list of changing offers with varying amounts of cashback. Most are quite decent, an example at the moment 10% cashback from Vintage Inns chain of pubs. Especially good if you got money off the bill with a Vintage Inns voucher which they dish out quite frequently. 

Edited by Funn3r
Cashback is automatic as well I am not keen on the ones you have to make an effort for afterwards

supernaut

Llyods and halifax are interesting as although the same group halifax has 2% cashback at ebay. Lloyds are 1%.

Talking of halifax the reward account offer of credit account with 1500 (can withdraw straight away) and spend 500 on debit card for a £5 monthly reward,  technically can have 3 halifax accounts so 15 a month in rewards.

Deposits into chip EA 4.86% via Google pay count as the 500 spend.Although I have to do 5×100 as a 1x500 deposit is declined for me.

Apparently adding an extra halifax account doesn't throw up a hard search on credit report if these things concern folk.

supernaut

Another easy £20 is Zing, similar to Revolut , benefits being holding and spending in different currencies , run by HSBC

https://www.zing.me/referrals?referralCode=ZGQ2OWYxZGQtYjc5OC0zNWQ3LWIwMWEtNjdiNzI3M2JiYWY5 

Download the app,google play or apple store, complete the sign up with a valid ID and your mobile number used when activating the referral .

Make a qualifying payment by topping up your zing account and paying at least £5 minimum using your zing virtual card which you can add to apple or google pay wallets. Top up amazon account if you so wish, as long as you use the zing card. I used it through google wallet to purchase items in a physical shop.

The offer ends this friday , sign up took 10 minutes , with the usual take selfie and pic of id type stuff these offers seem to require.

I get £20 too, done a few referrals so far so some very easy cash, this account may be useful in the future for other offers that require multiple currencies or just useful in itself . Over the years I have done a few send money in different currencies for bonuses or quidco cashback offers.

supernaut

https://freetrade.io/new-isa-offer

Thinking about this one, what puts me off is the £60 a year annual fee to hold the stocks and shares ISA, trading212 as the nearest direct rival is fee free to hold a stocks and share ISA

10k deposit and get a free share worth £200, depending on individual circumstances and investment strategy could be worthwhile , for me I would be looking to transfer out asap( within the bonus rules,minimum 180 day investment ) to minimise the hit to £200 share by the fees