DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

• Replies 34.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

JPM saying S&P 4500 by end of 2021, now where have i seen that number before i wonder?

I see uncle dave is branching out into politics now on twatter, ive sometimes no idea what hes on about, even in th podcasts, but fair dos to him, he doesnt flip flop his stuff.

As low as that? 😂😂

Democorruptcy
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Can't hurt to try :Beer:

I've had more than one bit of compo, not a lot but you might as well. The more that complain must increase the chances of making them get their finger out and fixing the problem.

9 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I've had more than one bit of compo, not a lot but you might as well. The more that complain must increase the chances of making them get their finger out and fixing the problem.

Sent them a brief but to the point message, I'll let you know if anything comes of it!

Democorruptcy
7 minutes ago, Loki said:

Sent them a brief but to the point message, I'll let you know if anything comes of it!

One of the FT headlines:

Hargreaves Lansdown suffers system outage amid record trading volumes

3 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

One of the FT headlines:

Hargreaves Lansdown suffers system outage amid record trading volumes

I wonder if these companies should have their equipment audited as well as their finances.

y80jH.jpg

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I wonder if these companies should have their equipment audited as well as their finances.

y80jH.jpg

I'm biased. I used to work on solid mainframe systems - not the toytown architecture that they prefer today.

17 minutes ago, CVG said:

I'm biased. I used to work on solid mainframe systems - not the toytown architecture that they prefer today.

heheh, i once sat next to ops in TNS a few decades back when a warning came up on the console, we went had a look in the machine room and the OS-390 was on fire, hehehehe, just got out before the haylon came down.

Someone here (DB?) posted about these guys, so I subscribe to their free newsletter. V thorough and lots of info.

https://f.hubspotusercontent40.net/hubfs/4043042/Commentaries/2020.Q3 Commentary/2020.Q3 Goehring %26 Rozencwajg Market Commentary.pdf

Introduction
Where Has Shale Productivity Gone?
Record Oil Deficits Are Here
Q3 2020 Natural Resource Market Commentary Will Gold Take A Breather?
The Gold-Oil Ratio Revisited (Part Three)
On the Verge of a Commodity Cycle

'Leigh and I have over 45 years of experience researching and investing in almost every natural resource market...We believe that the roadmap investors have used for the last 10 years is now obsolete. The recent years of benign commodity prices is ending and going forward we will have to contend with rising prices. Inflation is coming back – something few investors are prepared for.'

7 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

It is ridiculous that their servers and others can't deal with a huge growth in visitors 

Supposedly?!.....always seems to happen to the Retail investors...strange that!

6 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:
Oh GOLLY boys & girls!

Looks like Mr Hunters "crystal ball prediction" is coming TRUE!:o

ALL we need NOW is for David Icke to CLAIM that the vaccine is 100% SAFE! xD

FFS, EVEN Rolls-Royce UP 90% !!! PAGING @MrXxxx

ANYONE bought RR last week's LOW at 69p ???

image.thumb.jpeg.b95cc1d89f6e00e27a7579902b7900e2.jpeg

BET ya ALL feeling like ya in ...HEAVEN!

YES? Then CHECK out the video below featuring the STUNNING clogg beauty of yesterday Dominique Rijpma Van Hulst...

Here a little link for you @YRS :-)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6XNpmxqst4

Alifelessbinary
18 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Supposedly?!.....always seems to happen to the Retail investors...strange that!

Every time there’s a big day on the markets this happens. You’d think that HL would have contingency plans to secure additional capacity, but they just let the bigger players have all the fun. To be fair you are much better off having your strategy set up over time p then trying to buy in a racing market like today.

I’ve learnt over the years that diversification is key, unless you want to make really big wins or loses! 

I'm fascinated to see how the oil markets react to Biden and whether he really will kill off the fracking supply. Like many on here I do think oil will be a core holding (mainly for the divis), but just in case Greta wins I’ve hedged with an multiple ESG holding which has raced  in the last 5 years (possible bubble).

6 hours ago, CVG said:

I bought some AT&T today. Nearly 8% dividend payable quarterly.

Sadly they own CNN. So they’re on my shitlist after the disgraceful way they’ve treated the US election.

StrugglingMillennial

Repsol up nicely at just over €1 today, i thought it would be a bit slower to get going than the rest but it might be my best performing stock of the day.

Im still wary of the market though, im no day trader but i fully expect things to be choppy for some time yet.

7 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Indeed,I think one of the msot compelling reasons to gain exposure to the sector is the currency hedge offered by the cross holdings of companies like Sing Tel/Vodafone.Ye olde Coma scale scores below,as I've said,balance sheets are poor across the sector compared to other sectors and in more than a few goodwill makes up well over 100% of the shareholder equity,which may or may not be balanced by some shrewd bond issuance eg Vodafone.

dyor natch

Company  Chart Income Bal Sheet CF Sector SCS
Airtel Africa 3 5 2 5 4 19
America Movil 1 4 1 4 4 14
AT&T 4 4 2 5 4 19
BCE 1 3 2 5 4 15
Bharti Airtel 1 1 2 1 4 9
BT 5 5 2 4 5 21
Cellnex 1 3 2 1 4 11
Century Link 5 1 1 5 4 16
Deutsche Tel 2 4 1 5 4 16
Drillisch 3 5 4 4 4 20
KDDI 1 4 3 4 4 16
Koninklijke NV 4 4 2 4 4 18
KT Corp (Korea tel) 5 4 3 1 4 17
MTN (Africa) 4 4 2 4 4 18
Nippon Telegraph 3 4 3 4 4 18
Orange (France Tel) 5 5 2 3 4 19
Proximus (Belgium) 5 4 2 5 4 20
TLK (Indonesia) 2 4 3 3 4 16
Singapore Tel 4 3 3 4 4 18
SK Telecom 2 3 3 2 4 14
Softbank 1 2 1 1 4 9
Swisscom 2 4 2 3 4 15
T-Mobile US 1 3 3 1 4 12
Telecom Italia 5 2 2 5 4 18
Telefonica 5 4 1 5 4 19
Telenor 2 3 1 3 4 13
Telia 4 4 2 4 4 18
Telstra 5 4 2 3 4 18
Telus 1 4 2 1 4 12
Turkcell 1 5 2 5 4 17
United Internet AG 2 3 3 4 4 16
VEON 4 5 1 5 4 19
Verizon 1 4 2 3 4 14
Vodafone 4 3 2 5 4 18

Drillisch 3 5 4 4 4 20
Telenor 2 3 1 3 4 13
Turkcell 1 5 2 5 4 17
Airtel Africa 3 5 2 5 4 19
Cellnex 1 3 2 1 4 11

SP, are you aware of any good potential US telcos? Your list above contains some US ones but I have looked into them further and none jump out to me as a 'buy'. I do own AT&T, but the US market has many small players so there should be some other good ones. Or perhaps the big global companies like Vodafone give better US exposure than trying to pick from the smaller US ones.                                                                            The only US ones I have found so far are either unprofitable/very high debt/very regional, all factors which turn me off wanting to own them. However, I assume there are no US national players ever since the breakup of their telecoms sector in the 70's?

6 hours ago, StrugglingMillennial said:

Repsol up nicely at just over €1 today, i thought it would be a bit slower to get going than the rest but it might be my best performing stock of the day.

Im still wary of the market though, im no day trader but i fully expect things to be choppy for some time yet.

If i had done a rubber band list on oilies Repsol would of been top of the list.Hated sector,hated home country etc etc.We might see a day late in the cycle where companies like Repsol put on todays price/market cap in a few days.

Lots more volatility is likely,but its still nice to see those funds all selling just before the big jump in the sector.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-bp-orsted-hydrogen/bp-orsted-launch-green-hydrogen-project-at-german-oil-refinery-idUKKBN27Q0S6

"LONDON, (Reuters) - BP BP.L and Danish renewable energy group Orsted ORSTED.CO have partnered to develop zero-carbon hydrogen at a German oil refinery, BP's first full-scale project in a sector that is expected to grow rapidly."

8 minutes ago, CVG said:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-bp-orsted-hydrogen/bp-orsted-launch-green-hydrogen-project-at-german-oil-refinery-idUKKBN27Q0S6

"LONDON, (Reuters) - BP BP.L and Danish renewable energy group Orsted ORSTED.CO have partnered to develop zero-carbon hydrogen at a German oil refinery, BP's first full-scale project in a sector that is expected to grow rapidly."

Big push on green by Labour, contrasting UK paltry investment sums to those in the Europe and US. The above is a start and mixes old with new. I wonder are there any more pure plays on green? 

Noted IShares Global Clean Energy with impressive past performance, but having hit buffers of late.

https://www.trustnet.com/factsheets/e/b4n0/ishares-global-clean-energy-ucits-etf-gbp

Anyone aware of  other suitable IT's or ETF's to aid in diversification to supplement oilies - just in case the Thunberg virus spreads itself? Also I wonder how these entities will fare come the inevitable BK (likely to be a double whopper with bacon and cheese this time).

I am thinking government investment targets will be green focussed, so a broad portfolio may not be too bad for those still surfing when the tsunami hits. 

38 minutes ago, Paulie said:

I wonder are there any more pure plays on green?

There is a thread about this in the basement somewhere...

Siemens Gamesa is probably a big beneficiary of any clean energy investment.

Just now, Hardhat said:

There is a thread about this in the basement somewhere...

Siemens Gamesa is probably a big beneficiary of any clean energy investment.

I will have a hunt in the basement.

Archived