DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

For sale low EPC haha

sarahbell

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/116857490

Student HMO

but EPC is an E
And despite the very popular song by The Shamen, here E is not good. 

Is this change going to be enforced? I think it'll have to be because of the cost of energy. We can't keep allowing poorly insulated housing to be rented out.

the government announced new standards for England and Wales, to become law by 2025. From this date, all rental properties will need an EPC rating of C or above. As before, these new regulations will apply to new tenancies first, followed by all tenancies from 2028

1 hour ago, sancho panza said:

i think in HMO's it will be.that's where the worst of the worst LL's conduct their business.

And holding most control with limits on heating - seen a couple of complaints (Can't think where) where people complain that the hot water and heating are controlled by a landlord.

Bobthebuilder
9 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

And holding most control with limits on heating - seen a couple of complaints (Can't think where) where people complain that the hot water and heating are controlled by a landlord.

I have seen a few HMOs where the landlord has done this, thermostat locked and operated via the internet.

I show the tenants how to manually over ride the set up, bollocks to the landlord.

2 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I have seen a few HMOs where the landlord has done this, thermostat locked and operated via the internet.

I show the tenants how to manually over ride the set up, bollocks to the landlord.

So will energy prices be the push away from HMO?
At what point can a property count for its own meter? Bedsit? Are the regs higher for bedsit space than HMO? or is the same numbers.

Why am I not keen?
https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/20894332.plans-15-bed-hmo-slammed-oldham-residents/

Cos I think they must be horrific for the residents and the neighbours.

Bobthebuilder
5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

So will energy prices be the push away from HMO?

Energy prices are already a big problem for HMOs, and that's before this months hike. The ones I deal with have increased the rents slightly, but it doesn't cover the energy increases.

7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

At what point can a property count for its own meter? Bedsit? Are the regs higher for bedsit space than HMO? or is the same numbers.

A HMO is classed as a single property with one gas meter, cooker and one boiler, the same as a standard house.

The regs for bedsits are much more strict, but I never see bedsits these days always HMOs, much cheaper that way.

If a house is split into flats or bedsits, then each flat must have its own gas meter, boiler, cooker etc.

Archived