DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Xmas footfall up.

Formerly

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/number-christmas-eve-shoppers-jumps-153338099.html?guccounter=1

Well, slightly when compared to last year, when we were told to stay indoors and not kill our grannies.

Compared to 2019, it's a massive 17% down. It'll be interesting to see whether this is lost spending, or if it's all gone to Amazon instead of our high streets.

reformed nice guy

Slightly increased footfall....

But they were all called Ahmed or Muhammad, don't celebrate Christmas and are there to nick your wallet or purse and leer at your 11 year old daughter

It's been a comparatively pleasant shopping experience this Christmas time - the complete lack of Xmas Muzak! In fact the only Christmas music I recall hearing recently was Jingle Bells on the Archers. 

Bliss!

9 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Fucking rammed in the Freshfield in, er, Freshfield.

Near Formby.

Steven Gerrard was in so all the bros descended which was fucking pathetic. 

I read the thread title as "football".

Stuey then comments on Steven Gerrard.

Fucking weird.

3 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

Fucking weird.

did you see he said he was in the same pub as Srevie G ?

17 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

Fucking weird.

Must have been about five minders in there 

Pathetic. 

Yadda yadda yadda
20 hours ago, Formerly said:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/number-christmas-eve-shoppers-jumps-153338099.html?guccounter=1

Well, slightly when compared to last year, when we were told to stay indoors and not kill our grannies.

Compared to 2019, it's a massive 17% down. It'll be interesting to see whether this is lost spending, or if it's all gone to Amazon instead of our high streets.

Christmas Eve shopping can't easily be transferred to Amazon because of delivery times.

I think Christmas Day falling on a Sunday affects shopping times. Finished work early on Friday so any last minute shopping could have been done then. Schools were off for the full week before so everyone benefitting from that had plenty of time to get their shopping in.

That said I reckon Christmas spend will be well down this year. We spent less in my family.

Archived