DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

XRP

Bus Stop Boxer

Bus Stop Boxer

Been hearing about XRP on the Delingpod with Francis Hunt linked elsewhere on this site.

Whats the best way to have a Ripple nibble? Buy the stock?

Thinking of plopping a grand on it to see what happens.

montecristo
On 28/06/2023 at 19:01, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Been hearing about XRP on the Delingpod with Francis Hunt linked elsewhere on this site.

Whats the best way to have a Ripple nibble? Buy the stock?

Thinking of plopping a grand on it to see what happens.

Buy xrp.  Currently around 0.47 US cent.  SEC v ripple case discission is expected soon.  If a favourable result for Ripple, xrp will pump to its ATH imho and with the btc halving next year I would not rule out 10$.

not financial advice of course.

• Informative 1

Just now, montecristo said:

Buy xrp.  Currently around 0.47 US cent.  SEC v ripple case discission is expected soon.  If a favourable result for Ripple, xrp will pump to its ATH imho and with the btc halving next year I would not rule out 10$.

not financial advice of course.

correct, but it is, as with most Vcoins, a gamble, with the result dictated largely by what governments do....

montecristo
3 minutes ago, wherebee said:

correct, but it is, as with most Vcoins, a gamble, with the result dictated largely by what governments do....

Ripple are already working with many governments and banks.  It's just the US gov anti crypto stance that is the problem.  The SEC made a mistake taking on Ripple as they have a lot of money for lawyers. 

• Informative 1

41 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Ripple are already working with many governments and banks.  It's just the US gov anti crypto stance that is the problem.  The SEC made a mistake taking on Ripple as they have a lot of money for lawyers. 

Not just the US.  I would predict that the EU will turn pretty quick, once they see how citizens are sidestepping the controls the bureaucrats want to put in place on spending, ESG, etc.  I'm sure I saw something where they were making cash over a pretty low limit illegal to use, for example?

Expect an EU push against e-coins, is my bet.

montecristo
22 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Not just the US.  I would predict that the EU will turn pretty quick, once they see how citizens are sidestepping the controls the bureaucrats want to put in place on spending, ESG, etc.  I'm sure I saw something where they were making cash over a pretty low limit illegal to use, for example?

Expect an EU push against e-coins, is my bet.

There will be a crack down on many cryptos but the xrp ledger is currently being used by some banks.  The ECB are already working with a ripple partner running a trial for the digital euro.  

https://worldline.com/en/home/top-navigation/media-relations/press-release/worldline-selected-by-ecb-for-joint-prototyping-of-user-interfaces-for-a-digital-euro.html

https://ripple.com/insights/santander-partners-with-ripple-to-bring-certainty-and-speed-to-international-payments/

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
Carl Fimble
4 hours ago, Underwhelmed said:

just mooned as won a key battle against SEC, but plenty of other battles ahead so could crash again

Doubled from a week or two ago I think so far, but it's peak was four or five times what it's at now, I think...

Mrs F wants to buy more...

I'm still waiting for my Lambos. 

Will keep working away and dreaming. 

Carl Fimble

I was taking shite, it's at about 60p, high was less than £2 though.

It seems to me it's like the opposite of a GameStop share, this one is the baddies thing. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I was taking shite, it's at about 60p, high was less than £2 though.

It seems to me it's like the opposite of a GameStop share, this one is the baddies thing. 

I too enjoy buying high and selling low for fun and profit 

• Love / Hugz 1

Carl Fimble
6 minutes ago, Loki said:

I too enjoy buying high and selling low for fun and profit 

This isn't my area at all, I'd buy tools, and end of the world stuff, physical useful stuff.

I'd like to have some more money though, red pill me on this stuff plz...

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

This isn't my area at all, I'd buy tools, and end of the world stuff, physical useful stuff.

I'd like to have some more money though, red pill me on this stuff plz...

My genuine opinion, taking everything you said into account, is buy some physical silver, put it away, and forget about it

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Carl Fimble
1 minute ago, Loki said:

My genuine opinion, taking everything you said into account, is buy some physical silver, put it away, and forget about it

What if I was feeling like taking more of a risk? 

On 02/07/2023 at 11:21, Underwhelmed said:

it's the shittest of the shittest shitcoins, but no doubt money  to be made if you trade as there is a huge potential upside

Are we still doing this sort of thing in 2023? Guess crypto still has a long way to go...

Carl Fimble
15 hours ago, Loki said:

3x long on the NASDAQ 100

4 hours ago, Craig said:

Are we still doing this sort of thing in 2023? Guess crypto still has a long way to go...

There's a reason I don't venture on to these finance sub forums, I don't know what anyone means. 

• Cheers 1

montecristo

Now the Ripple won the case that XRP is not a security,  it has swiped the feet under from all the other SEC filling.  Notedly against Coinbase.  Coinbase have been chosen has the custodial for Blackrock and Fidelity Bitcoin EFT.

On 14/07/2023 at 15:37, Carl Fimble said:

There's a reason I don't venture on to these finance sub forums, I don't know what anyone means. 

Just pointing out that the tribalism which still exists in crypto is ludicrous in this day and age.

Everyone should be celebrating Ripple defeating the SEC, as they were hardly going to stop at just XRP. 

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1