DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Revisiting the end of the world from an investment standpoint

wherebee

I've posted in the main deflation thread a few times about what happens to the markets and economy if the vaccines turn out to be mass killers and the normos twig.

Well, I thought I would start a thread on that.  The stories are coming thick and fast, including the NZ death data, the Korean study, the Japanese death data, etc.  Comments in newspaper sections openly now state jabs as caused of death in many stories.  Unthinkable coverage compared to 12 months ago.  The reality is that the jabs are, and will, kill or cripple a proportion of people that took them.  That is not a theory, that is fact now.

How will this change people's behaviour?  When there is general acceptance that 50-90% of the population has been injected with a potential killer, what behaviour changes will we see and how will it impact the economy?

I'd propose:

• more short termism.  drink, drugs, sex.  I am overweight in BAT; perhaps a couple of spirits makers
  • loss of skills.  We have covered elsewhere how jab sickness and death is already causing loss of knowledge and ability in some companies.  Will investments in companies which rely a lot on IP held by a few people become risky, as if those people die...
  • more civil unrest.  People with a death sentence don't give a fuck.  I'd see more demand for prisons and associated law enforcement services, including private security companies
  • Life insurance companies; I don't know enough to guess whether mass early die offs will be good or bad for these
  • Law firms - will they make big bucks on compensation cases?  Or will the loss of Partners to the jab cripple their income (see the delay of the Bridgen libel case because the defending law firm lost their partner to a sudden death!)
  • Funeral Parlours - increased demand, ongoing (although I think many ran already and have not come down in price) (see the chart below)
  • airlines; I predict it's just a matter of time before a pilot jab induced crash somewhere in the world; plane stocks will tank hard.  I wouldn't want to be in any of them
  • medical companies (physio/services) could do very well; but I see a problem here with qualified staff (in Australia, every person still working in the health industry is triple jabbed.  bar none); there might also be huge lawsuits by staff and customers?
  • prosthetic limb manufacturers; some of the biggest are private, but OSSUR for example is listed on the Copenhagen Xge.  I have seen in my little neighbourhood three people lose limbs and now on mobility carts in the past 12 months - jab related?  don't know, but it's a possible trend
  • food supply - all the farmers in most Aussie states had to get jabbed.  I don't know what the rules were in places like the USA or Canada, but the major food exporting countries could run into shortages if die-offs or sickness occur.  People have to buy food...
  • Cars - I expect the second hand car market to be flooded if we get die offs and sickness in any numbers, especially as the older boomer cohorts who got mega jabbed tend to have nice cars.  I have a relative in the UK who had to stop driving last year after a medical episode.  Triple jabbed.  She sold her big, almost new merc,
  • Houses - in countries without mass immigration, will this cause a sell off as families try to sell estate properties in a hurry?  certainly, if my father in law goes due to jabs, we'll take lowballs rather than manage a house from thousands of miles away.  

Any other investment ideas?

fun.png

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

Are there still people who are convinced there's a jab induced mass die off coming? Two more months?

Covid and jabs are ancient history to 99% of people. They don't care. OK so excess deaths might be up everywhere but the normies are never going to hear about it.

Jabs saved the world, yes there would some people harmed but it was for the greater good, now it's done. That's how it's filed away in the population's collective brain. They're on the next (actually the next +1... Ukraine is forgotten about too) current thing.

Edited by Boglet
  • Agree 3

I've got an uneasy feeling that we're being played for a real or faked "carrington" type event next summer/autumn, to fuck with the US elections, last time it was convid, they need something else now. 

There's growing media noise about modern world being vulnerable to a solar storm during next solar maximum, even though they happen every 11 years, nothing special about this one, in fact it's expected to be a low maximum in historical terms.

with that in mind, having some non digital assets as insurance until they decide to reboot the systems wouldn't be a bad idea.

image.thumb.png.4d3f282ce2a3459443dbb1e67b34b118.png

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

53 minutes ago, snaga said:

I've got an uneasy feeling that we're being played for a real or faked "carrington" type event next summer/autumn, to fuck with the US elections, last time it was convid, they need something else now. 

There's growing media noise about modern world being vulnerable to a solar storm during next solar maximum, even though they happen every 11 years, nothing special about this one, in fact it's expected to be a low maximum in historical terms.

with that in mind, having some non digital assets as insurance until they decide to reboot the systems wouldn't be a bad idea.

image.thumb.png.4d3f282ce2a3459443dbb1e67b34b118.png

I'm pretty certain they will try something. With all the voting nonsense last time - I assume the reds will be absolutely over everything they can in regards to voting machines, postal voting etc..

So they are going to have to think of something else. 

• Agree 2

Bricks & Mortar

Jobs that involve manual work:  farming, mining, construction, driving, supermarkets, fishing, driving, etc.

I would call these, 'the really important jobs'.  (at least, in the context of the crisis or the thread title).

Well, I've done all the above at some point, and made my career in one of them.  I'd say they're well suited to bringing in new, inexperienced workers.  As long as you have some with experience, the new hires sweep the floor in the first week, and are hammering nails in the 2nd.  Maybe it's 10 years before they're deciding when to sweep the floor or hammer another nail, but that doesn't matter, as long as you have a core staff with experience.

But they'll need to boost wages more than other sectors to get people to come and do them.  Lot of people don't like manual work or getting dirty.

• Agree 1

B&M, I'd agree with that. Moving from IT to manufacturing has been a phenomenally good personal decision for me. My wage has increased by roughly 50% in the space of two years, accounting for successive wage rises in the manufacturing job. I imagine the place is typical of many such places where the old timers who have remained loyal are well looked after and earn roughly 30/ 40% more than new blood but this gap has been closed substantially as the company couldn't get staff through the door nor could they retain staff already on the books who were earning at the lower end so they had to uplift the bottom end in an unprecedented manner, outwith anual salary rises (two significant pay rises within the space of 3 months for me). The company is in a fairly defensive sector and making loadsamoney capturing the inflation so the bottom line is healthy although there is no growth.

• Agree 1

The pace of migration to date suggests we are unlikely to run out of unskilled workers or demand for cheap used cars.

highly skilled workers are a different kettle of fish, same with near new Merc’s / JLR’s where there is suddenly next to no demand as is being seen in the ‘state of the secondhand car market’ thread.