DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

MMT (magic money tree)

M S E Refugee

M S E Refugee

Modern Monetary Theory seems like total nonsense to me, I know many people believe it works, or more likely want to think that it works.

Surely, it's too good to be true?

I vaguely remember the early 2010s and the austerity measures. David Cameron: "We're all in this together". A shitload of Government debt that had to be repaid or something like that. 

Cue all the housing market props like "Help To Debt" and the beginning of HS2. Add in to the mix the constant immigration. 9_9

• Agree 3

M S E Refugee

An exponent of MMT is saying in my local rag's comment section that the BOE could buy up the national debt, so debt doesn't really matter.

However he refuses, or can't answer what the consequences of doing this would be.

Can anyone help?

• Lol 1

With a crooked smile
On 16/01/2024 at 22:30, UmBongo said:

Cue all the housing market props like "Help To Debt"

Interestingly there were loads of threads and comments on ToS arguing that Help to Buy was niche, very few would use it and it would have very little effect.

If you look back at ToS you'll see this sites know it all saying all of the above. History of course proved otherwise. 

12 hours ago, With a crooked smile said:

Interestingly there were loads of threads and comments on ToS arguing that Help to Buy was niche, very few would use it and it would have very little effect.

If you look back at ToS you'll see this sites know it all saying all of the above. History of course proved otherwise. 

History doesn't repeat but it rhymes B|