DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

1 hour ago, BearyBear said:

Warren Buffett must be going mad,  nobody needs his pile of cash these days.

Is there a 'Buffet Cash-Pile Index'?

Would be nice to monitor how/if/when Buffet starts spending. Has some internet geek (no offence) created one I wonder.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Mistakes I've made over the last few weeks:

1) Selling out of Easyjet too soon

2) Selling some check Shell shares to cut my losses

3) Accidentally buying shares from the wrong country

4) Not buying enough

5) should have sold everything as soon as it became clear things were going into lockdown.

6) Never buy the nameless ahre

7) Never buy bank shares

The only question is...will the virus come back with a bang.  We should be watching.

Count, just being nosy because I am always weary of doing same, but which share/exchange was that?

50 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

a lot of newbuilds probably need a rebuild by now. same quality, just newer than new.

They say everything come back into fashion eventually, so 'make do and mend' returns - only this time its on steroids!!

Made by Trump's economic advisor back in 2016. Its content is standard stuff - well it is now - but no wonder American voters got angry with the 'system' and voted for Trump the 'disruptor' (well kind of).

But video does get pretty ghoulish (organ harvesting) approx. 32:15 - how true are those stories, dose anyone know here?

27 minutes ago, JMD said:

Would be nice to monitor how/if/when Buffet starts spending. Has some internet geek (no offence) created one I wonder.

I've read a lot about investing and I am not aware of that index :)

TheCountOfNowhere
26 minutes ago, JMD said:

Count, just being nosy because I am always weary of doing same, but which share/exchange was that?

I meant to buy MOS NYSE but but MOS LSE accidentally.  I then had a read at what I had bought and there was a lot of noise about some announcement so I held on to them for a few days.....I sold out for my initial investment sum when they were up 40% up !!! I ended up with about 40,000 free shares, they were at 70% up at one point.  They're back down now to around what I paid but it's still 40,000 free shares to have a punt with.

The Finns are revolting.  They are good Europeans, but the Frugal Four just became Five.  Their parliament has apparently rejected the EU’s 750 bln Coronavirus Next Generation Recovery Fund proposals – in its current form.  The Finns say they are willing to talk, but want something that is largely loans, much shorter in duration, and much much smaller. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/finns-are-revolting-ecb-suffers-another-einstein-moment

My enthusiasm for the Euro project doing the right thing lasted one whole day, and now its back to reality that it is dooooooomed.  The North will just not bail out the South.

Book review time...!!

'You Always Hurt the One you Love' - book out soon, though i'll probably wait for paperback edition. Its Author, Bernard Connolly (btw, does anyone know more about him?) was the EU commission economics director, until he was fired in the 1990's for speaking out against the introduction of the Euro.

I think it chimes with this thread (as expounded repeatedly by DurhamBorn) - that 'individuals' are not the culprits - whether these be politicians or central-bankers - instead it is the social/economic system that requires overhaul. I believe the author offers up solutions, so might be interesting.   

Anyway, splurge says... "Bestselling author of The Rotten Heart of Europe argues that both capitalisms defenders and its detractors are wrong. The principal culprit is not the moral failure of individuals. Instead, there has been a catastrophic intellectual failure. The academic macroeconomics industry and the central banks who are both patron and client of that industry are themselves in the process of destroying capitalism.

In this epoch-defining book, internationally acclaimed economist Bernard Connolly argues that getting off the conveyor belt to destruction is possible, but it will require a profound reorientation of social structures and a whole new understanding of economics."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/You-Always-Hurt-One-Love/dp/1785905961/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=bernard+connolly&qid=1591268937&s=books&sr=1-1

...btw, this IS a recommendation, but feel free to dyor if you wish!

2 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/finns-are-revolting-ecb-suffers-another-einstein-moment

My enthusiasm for the Euro project doing the right thing lasted one whole day, and now its back to reality that it is dooooooomed.  The North will just not bail out the South.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-finland-politics-kulmuni/finlands-finance-minister-steps-down-over-training-scandal-idUSKBN23C1PS

Finland's finance minister steps down over training payments

Nothing to see here, all a coincidence 

Edit: End of the article turned my stomach.  Bill Blain is on my mental ignore list. 

Green Devil
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Market at fever pitch as we go into the close...RRE, RDSB, BP, DRX, AAL and SDF all benefiting from the money hose

Crazy. Nasdaq is at all time highs. 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

I only have a small portfolio compared to most of you lot, but I just sat there and watched amazed as the daily gain went from 100...200...300...350.

Edit: HOC was a poorly timed buy for me.  

25 minutes ago, BearyBear said:

I've read a lot about investing and I am not aware of that index :)

In that case, perhaps we could request a web-cam in Buffett's office (shots of his vdu would suffice), I believe he is a shy individual so might not agree to a live-feed.

Green Devil
58 minutes ago, JMD said:

If there is you want to fade him. He sold all his airline stocks at the lows. What a clown. 

TheCountOfNowhere
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Mistakes I've made over the last few weeks:

1) Selling out of Easyjet too soon

2) Selling some check Shell shares to cut my losses

3) Accidentally buying shares from the wrong country

4) Not buying enough

5) should have sold everything as soon as it became clear things were going into lockdown.

6) Never buy the nameless ahre

7) Never buy bank shares

The only question is...will the virus come back with a bang.  We should be watching.

8) should have taken my own advice and bought nothing until a collapsed had started.  I'd have been about 5K better off.

14 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Crazy...QE money printing theft at all time highs

15 minutes ago, Loki said:

Edit: End of the article turned my stomach.  Bill Blain is on my mental ignore list. 

He always was virtue signalling leftie (why is he working in finance??!!), so i tend to filter that stuff out as it really does add zero value to his other stuff.

24 minutes ago, Loki said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-finland-politics-kulmuni/finlands-finance-minister-steps-down-over-training-scandal-idUSKBN23C1PS

Finland's finance minister steps down over training payments

Nothing to see here, all a coincidence 

Bill Blain looks pretty left-wing, so probably automatically thinks he's one of the 'global compassionate ones'!! A dangerous concept to hold, but one totally lost to those on the left I find, with their so-called 'compassion' only being trumped(!) by their arrogance. Blain mentions fake news, but then says Finland was an Axis ww2 power, when it was not. Ok, the Scandi countries have political frictions among themselves even today (...lets just say each had different ww2 ambitions!), but Blain appears to be a typical leftie Journo, not allowing the facts to get in the way of a good story. 

38 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

If there is you want to fade him. He sold all his airline stocks at the lows. What a clown. 

...and Goldman Sachs.

Don Coglione
26 minutes ago, JMD said:

Bill Blain looks pretty left-wing, so probably automatically thinks he's one of the 'global compassionate ones'!! A dangerous concept to hold, but one totally lost to those on the left I find, with their so-called 'compassion' only being trumped(!) by their arrogance. Blain mentions fake news, but then says Finland was an Axis ww2 power, when it was not. Ok, the Scandi countries have political frictions among themselves even today (...lets just say each had different ww2 ambitions!), but Blain appears to be a typical leftie Journo, not allowing the facts to get in the way of a good story. 

Don't call the Finns Scandis!

Popuplights
1 hour ago, Loki said:

Market at fever pitch as we go into the close...RRE, RDSB, BP, DRX, AAL and SDF all benefiting from the money hose

Hooray!

4 hours ago, Castlevania said:

US Non Farm Payrolls: 2.5m jobs created. Unemployment down to 13.3%. That seems much better than I expected.

That's because it's total nonsense. They are basically just making it up.

Beyond that, there’s not much to say about this report. The numbers as presented are astonishingly implausible. It’s an insult to everyone’s intelligence for the Government and the main stream reporters and analysts to think that anyone with two brain cells to rub together would find this report believable.

https://investmentresearchdynamics.com/through-the-looking-glass-employment-report-fraud/

Castlevania
1 hour ago, Errol said:

That's because it's total nonsense. They are basically just making it up.

That was my impression 

Green Devil
4 hours ago, Loki said:

I only have a small portfolio compared to most of you lot, but I just sat there and watched amazed as the daily gain went from 100...200...300...350.

Edit: HOC was a poorly timed buy for me.  

This will be the top.

I had (or had ) some SPY puts expiring worthless today.

You have been warned!

12 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

This will be the top.

I had (or had ) some SPY puts expiring worthless today.

You have been warned!

Thanks for that Green Devil - so you're not convinced about it holding together to September? What's your plan when the markets open on Monday?

Archived