DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

11 minutes ago, Craig said:

It is indeed. Guaranteed to wow the ladies in a way a real Ferrari never could.

I couldn't care less about cars so long as they go... but now Ferrari means Heaven in our House because of this machine Craig. What a find.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, JMD said:

I'm tempted to put a small amount into some of these crypto miners. Are there any views on here as to which are the better ones for a long term hold? Ie some miners are more successful than others, plus also some mine different coins other than btc. Are there any ideas on which are a better bet especially if looking for alternative to btc. I already own some btc so am looking for something different.

Hard to say but check out the above and also RIOT - I'd say DYOR and see what you can find digging round their charts and see how they've performed.

6 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

"In late 2020, this ambitious recovery plan helped the euro stabilize and ushered in a new European renaissance, with citizens helping to set the agenda. The European leadership used challenge-oriented policies to create 100 carbon-neutral cities across the Continent. This approach led to a resurgence of new energy-efficient buildings; revamped public transport designed to be sustainable, accessible and free; and an artistic revival in public squares, with artists and designers rethinking city life with citizenship and civic life at its heart."

I thought the BBC was naked propaganda until I read that. The artistic revival in locked down public squares is particularly egregious.

Wow, sounds almost Utopian. Tragically, we all know where such 'ideals' invariably end...!!

I'm stupefied that it seems the reflation/infrastructure is going to be focused on re-designing the world's economy and energy system to 'fight' a harmless gas (That makes up less than 1% of the atmosphere at the moment.  It was higher in the past, when life still thrived) and a harmless virus.

23 hours ago, JMD said:

I'm tempted to put a small amount into some of these crypto miners. Are there any views on here as to which are the better ones for a long term hold? Ie some miners are more successful than others, plus also some mine different coins other than btc. Are there any ideas on which are a better bet especially if looking for alternative to btc. I already own some btc so am looking for something different.

I have no idea on miners for coins.  This company https://www.kryptonite1.co/ can be held in an ISA. I do not vouch for them of course. This morning I had a letter from Hargreaves Lansdowne telling me why I cant invest in XTB any more. So this is FYI.

5 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'm stupefied that it seems the reflation/infrastructure is going to be focused on re-designing the world's economy and energy system to 'fight' a harmless gas (That makes up less than 1% of the atmosphere at the moment.  It was higher in the past, when life still thrived) and a harmless virus.

Yep and so they can reduce crop yields and starve people to death instead.We just need to road map their folly and profit from it.

1 minute ago, DurhamBorn said:

Yep and so they can reduce crop yields and starve people to death instead.We just need to road map their folly and profit from it.

It's not much fun watching it all play out, against all valid science/common sense.  It hurts the part of me that still gives a shit about truth and honour (I am trying to kill it but it keeps coming back xD)

Still, I'd rather be facing it with the wisdom everyone on this thread has provided, than without.

Chewing Grass
8 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'm ever more convinced its so certain countries can reduce their dependence on oil so they can fuck-off a whole series of countries that are awash with the stuff and use it for leverage.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I'm ever more convinced its so certain countries can reduce their dependence on oil so they can fuck-off a whole series of countries that are awash with the stuff and use it for leverage.

That wouldn't need so much fake science - they could just fabricate a war and tell us we've always been at war with Arabia...and we all need to do our bit, Blitz spirit, etc.

5 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

they were the biggest investors in that lunatics' Vision Fund, reportedly $45bn of the $98bn. So while less than 10% of your population works in productive jobs, you decide to go and fund WeWork. You couldn't make it up.

CP, i do concur with you point. But in terms of fictions... i suppose the House of Saud has kinda made it all up? Not entirely down to them - economics, finance, money, their fundamentals - never mind the theory and the practice - are themselves pretty flaky (Western) ideas. But combine this with the whacky state-let - Saudi - itself a 'religious' (yet another convenient myth?) run entity, and yes, i think we can all guess how this particular desert story/fable ends? 

You mentioned a few posts back about the huge increase in Saudi population, why is that - Is it mostly down to migrant workers?

A tremendous # on the lung
5 minutes ago, Bricormortis said:

Biden wants to spend $7 trillion on infrastructure allegedly. ( another Daily Mail article. )

Why not 8?

1 hour ago, Craig said:

It is indeed. Guaranteed to wow the ladies from Dec 3rd......maybe....in a way a real Ferrari never could.

Corrected for you.

Democorruptcy
43 minutes ago, Bricormortis said:

It seems Princess Nut Nuts is deciding policy now, Cummings out and she is a green campaigner

It came amid reports Boris Johnson wants to accelerate his green plans - including bringing forward a ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars to 2030 - as critics claim the PM's fiancee, Carrie Symonds, an environmental campaigner, is driving the push. 

35 minutes ago, Bricormortis said:

Biden wants to spend $7 trillion on infrastructure allegedly. ( another Daily Mail article. )

Better than wasting 40 billion on a stupid test regime. Moonshot my arse. 

19 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

It seems Princess Nut Nuts is deciding policy now, Cummings out and she is a green campaigner

BP will likely get the gig to build and run a massive carbon capture scheme on the old Redcar steelworks site.Boris making policy on the vinegar stroke.They are starting to see EV means massive loss of tax and no party will ever win election with a pay per mile policy.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Denier!!!!

How Dare you!

Democorruptcy
13 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

BP will likely get the gig to build and run a massive carbon capture scheme on the old Redcar steelworks site.Boris making policy on the vinegar stroke.They are starting to see EV means massive loss of tax and no party will ever win election with a pay per mile policy.

I think some sort of motoring charges are a certainty. Labour were talking about it in 2007, the red and blue ties will both push for something. The per mile might be psychological pricing, suggest that initially but after a social media campaign, they concede to public opinion that was more in favour of basic road tolls instead.

Yadda yadda yadda
32 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

Migrant workers are a big chunk,yes. But among the native Saudi population I imagine free money along with having 4 wives and easy divorce would do it. Ibn Saud, the father of the modern Kingdom, set the pace: he had over 50 sons, and apparently didn't count his daughters, but thought to be also around 50 (stands to reason). One of said sons, Kind Saud, outdid him, and not just by bothering to count his daughters - he had 107 children. Hence you have tens of thousands of princes now, each with a healthy stipend from the Royal purse. I doubt the poorer folks managed quite so many, but I'm sure they had a good go at it once the money started to trickle down.

Could you imagine our bennie class with 4 wives?! They'd be asking the council for 20 bedroom mansions.

How does the four wives thing work. Do they import them or do three in four men go without? Traditionally there would have been plenty of wars to kill men off.

Archived