Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

So, push fraud does seem to be geeting out of control.


spygirl

Recommended Posts

There is a massive open hole here for a smart law firm re the non checking of payees against destination accounts, by both the receiving bank and the sending bank (to a lesser extent).

I'm surprised no US law firm hasn't already launched a class action.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If im paying a new person or firm do one of two things. 
 

if it is a person or small company, I transfer a pound than then ask them to confirm receipt before sending the remainder. 
 

if a large organisation, that has written to me with bank details, i will get their number independent of correspondence, such as from the internet. Phone them direct and double check the details i have been given. 
 

doesn't take a lot of time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

If im paying a new person or firm do one of two things. 
 

if it is a person or small company, I transfer a pound than then ask them to confirm receipt before sending the remainder. 
 

if a large organisation, that has written to me with bank details, i will get their number independent of correspondence, such as from the internet. Phone them direct and double check the details i have been given. 
 

doesn't take a lot of time

And thats how you do it.

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2019/11/15/1573815563000/The-real-story-behind-push-payments-fraud/

Lots of bent clerks in solicitor EA and accounts dept.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Tdog said:

There will be a class action if they dont pay retrospectively on the basis of gross negligence.

You can still get stung, fraudsters are a bit more sophisticated than this.

 

Maybe but its a least a basic check. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i dont know anybody whos been push frauded, just how rife is it, or do i not know many gullible stupid people who fall for anything/everything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

i dont know anybody whos been push frauded, just how rife is it, or do i not know many gullible stupid people who fall for anything/everything?

It seems to cluster around certain actiivty - buying houses, paying rent, sending money to solicitors.

Company bill payment.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/11/2019 at 07:20, One percent said:

transfer a pound than then ask them to confirm receipt before sending the remainder. 

I did this, once the small amount was confirmed I sent double-digit thousands. My bank immediately phoned me to ask if it was a real transaction. I think given the amount they might have confirmed with me anyway but they told me that sending a small amount first was a common indicator of fraud so it was immediately flagged. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I did this, once the small amount was confirmed I sent double-digit thousands. My bank immediately phoned me to ask if it was a real transaction. I think given the amount they might have confirmed with me anyway but they told me that sending a small amount first was a common indicator of fraud so it was immediately flagged. 

Ah. xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

should have sent the double digit thousands first then followed it with the pound once the first was confirmed.

What if I'd lost my pound you idiot :Old:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...