Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

What's wrong with capitalism, Boris?


Recommended Posts

Hancock
11 hours ago, kibuc said:

Looks like capitalism is the new C-word, same as "fat" is the new F-word. No need to worry, pendulum always swings back eventually.

Only way we can get some vague form of capitalism is for interest rates to shoot up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
macca
On 24/03/2021 at 18:02, Hancock said:

What we had in the 60, 70s and 80s where the govt controlled the utilities and most housing would be deemed communism by the current fucken wankers in charge, along with the simpleton cunts who post on the Telegraph website.

Water utilities are bankrupt,, its all about asset stripping, loading with debt, offshoring the borrowed money and selling allot of the land they were gifted,, Ive even read of water companies concreting over water storage to sell the land to house builders.. we are being so fucking screwed by these corrupt MPs, corporations and bankers

 

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5078471/Britain-s-water-firms-flush-profits-tax-havens.html

  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
macca

Did you see priti patels credit card spending 

26 February: £3,952.76, Pollyana Restaurant

6 March: £2,022.64, Neptun Qtu Tirane
This appears to be an electronics store in Albania

2 April: £864, Hair There and Everywhere
This appears to be a hairdressing salon

23 December: £669, Rachael’s Kitchen Limited
Rachael’s Cupcakes brand

24 January: £2,000, Claudia Lamb Independent
Claudia Lamb is a diet consultant

 

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/03/24/home-office-fails-to-explain-strange-expenses/

  • Lol 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
spygirl
On 24/03/2021 at 09:34, AWW said:

...except that we don't really have it in the UK anymore.

Note that this is:

a) Considered newsworthy by the BBC

b) Something that Boris felt should be retracted immediately.

I look forward to tomorrow's headline: "Entirety of western civilisation is thanks to capitalism".

630CBF36-E68E-4197-A16C-46BBDE2F2624.jpeg

I find the comment on 'greed' totally shit 1987 Gordo Gecko wank.

Might as well carry a filofax and an 5kg mobile.

The more pertinent, important issue, which Bozo and his critics miss is that the the virus was fixed by private orgs, who are much more able to organise and deliver.

The public sector and the highly regulated sector (EU), despite employing more people, spending more money, have been a total fuckup.

This is the issue.

The private sector is constantly adapting, and improving, trying new stuff, throwing away old stuff that is less efficient.

On a year by year, the progress is is sall sub 1%-2%

Over time, those improvement add up.

Compared to the public sector, where computers might as well have not been invented.

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
spygirl
On 26/03/2021 at 11:03, kibuc said:

Looks like capitalism is the new C-word, same as "fat" is the new F-word. No need to worry, pendulum always swings back eventually.

I dont think its even capitalism any more.

Despite all the daft lefty Marxists banging on about capitalism, outside of big plant, theres not a huge amount of capital involved.

Its really down to how people/organisation deploy logistics and planning/risk management.

You can call it sacking the useless, employing the competent.

 

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
AWW
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

You can call it sacking the useless, employing the competent.

But that would be unfair to the undeserving useless.

Not their fault that they didn't pay any attention in school and can't be arsed to teach themselves anything now that they're adults.

Link to post
Share on other sites
macca
13 hours ago, spygirl said:

I find the comment on 'greed' totally shit 1987 Gordo Gecko wank.

Might as well carry a filofax and an 5kg mobile.

The more pertinent, important issue, which Bozo and his critics miss is that the the virus was fixed by private orgs, who are much more able to organise and deliver.

The public sector and the highly regulated sector (EU), despite employing more people, spending more money, have been a total fuckup.

This is the issue.

The private sector is constantly adapting, and improving, trying new stuff, throwing away old stuff that is less efficient.

On a year by year, the progress is is sall sub 1%-2%

 

Not really true.. 

In this world of winner takes all big pharma refuse to invest in anything not profitable.. 

Like new antibiotics.. 

Cancer cures. Many things.. in recent years it all been about jacking up the price of existing drugs.. like the diabetic insulin that cost 60p to make but big pharma are charging $100s.. Most of the investment is from the government through our taxes and charities..  

Thats why we have the most charities in the world.. 

Private sectors failure to invest and just take money . Why Boeing invent planes that can't fly.. then have to decelope a computer to fix the problem..  

Its all profit taking with no investment.. 

China invest.. 

Our corperations just take.. 

Edited by macca
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
spygirl
9 minutes ago, macca said:

Not really true.. 

In this world of winner takes all big pharma refuse to invest in anything not profitable.. 

Like new antibiotics.. 

Cancer cures. Many things.. in recent years it all been about jacking up the price of existing drugs.. like the diabetic insulin that cost 60p to make but big pharma are charging $100s.. Most of the investment is from the government through our taxes and charities..  

Thats why we have the most charities in the world.. 

Private sectors failure to invest and just take money . Why Boeing invent planes that can't fly.. then have to decelope a computer to fix the problem..  

Its all profit taking with no investment.. 

China invest.. 

Our corperations just take.. 

Theres a world beyond big pharma.

The Indian generics crank out previous expensive compounds for pennies.

The us insulin price gouging is down to the prescribing DR bring in cahoots with pharma companies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47491964

Several diabetics I spoke to say they have been forced to switch insulins by their insurance plans - even against the recommendation of their physicians - if they wanted to avoid paying the list price for their preferred brand.

It's big pharma *and* the medical professionals whove sewn it up.

The tweaks to insulin are not that great. 20yo formula stuff would be ok

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...