DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

31 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

I agree with that. 

My concern here is that Putin will be annoyed enough with this SWIFT caper and other sanctions that he will nationalise POLY and lots of other foreign owned companies and shareholders will be left with fuck all …..

Edited to add - at least I am hedged with BA….. haha….

IAG is the patriotic investment for a contrarian now. 

Spent all day Thursday watching charts and trying to convince myself on Gazprom, Poly, Evraz. Then when Vlad banned BA they slipped under my 150 ladder and there was only one choice. GSTQ. 

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bear of Doom
10 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

BA. 

Not IAG - haha…. I’d never invest in airlines - too risky for me…

However …. BAe systems is flying - since the trouble started. Defence etc. Nice dividend too. A @DurhamBorn favourite…

5AF8928B-CA78-4211-81B5-CC14E3CDAB77.jpeg

I regret not buying BAE when it was below 600. IIRC, didn't it go below 400 last year? Having said that, I have owned some for a few years, but they are held outdide my ISA, and I would like more.

geordie_lurch

UK, US and EU agree to cut off Russian banks from Swift system https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-live-latest-news-putin-kyiv-invasion-12541713?postid=3431262#liveblog-body

EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen has announced the EU, UK and US have committed to cutting off several Russian banks from the international system.

In a news conference, she said Russia's army is committing "barbaric actions" in Ukraine only a few dozen kilometres from the EU's eastern border.

She said Western allies are committed to imposing "massive costs" on Russia and "significantly tightening" their sanctions.

Chewing Grass
1 hour ago, DoINeedOne said:

08D13E20-DE10-49E8-B64B-D91F4D7D1B0D.thumb.jpeg.f72e2b629817998e6ed42ff0ddc241b2.jpeg

The way the first one is worded shocked me then the next one was right underneath 

“Some”

Its all about 'the clicks' i.e. corrupted by money.

4 hours ago, Calcutta said:

IAG is the patriotic investment for a contrarian now. 

Spent all day Thursday watching charts and trying to convince myself on Gazprom, Poly, Evraz. Then when Vlad banned BA they slipped under my 150 ladder and there was only one choice. GSTQ. 

What’s the chance of Vlad just nationalising some of those in retaliation for SWIFT sanctions?

4 hours ago, Libspero said:

What’s the chance of Vlad just nationalising some of those in retaliation for SWIFT sanctions?

i think that's probably the last thing on his mind at the moment....

If the west are not careful at what point does Vlad REALLY lash out and things start to get a lot worse?

Hitler was forced into a corner by the West trying to financially destroy Germany and inflicting hyperflation.......another rhyme might be just around the corner....

Mary mary quite contrary what do you like growing in your garden after a nuclear event? Have a check to see how the 'Battle of Chernobyl' is panning out? :/

Surprise element in the sanctions announced last night was the inclusion of Central Bank of Russia - means two thirds of the "war chest" just got taken out of play. The other third is physical gold or yuan-denominated.

Bank runs have reportedly started (which seems rather futile on the face of it, seeing as RUB is likely to be up in front of the firing squad on Monday morning).

12 minutes ago, nirvana said:

Mary mary quite contrary what do you like growing in your garden after a nuclear event?

If you are saying Putin will sit on his nuclear button before even thinking of confiscating any foreign assets..  then I think that will come as a huge relief to anyone sitting on Russian shares.  
I’m not sure why they wouldn’t since we’re effectively doing the same to them.  But you sound pretty confident.

15 minutes ago, Libspero said:

But you sound pretty confident.

not confident at all, except in my ability to think for myself and have faith in my friends delivering my weekly bags of organically grown plants for 3€ lol it's a totally bizarre world to me with the market moves and yet my ability to live in relative peace for fuk all......but ignore me cos apparently I'm a weirdo and an extremist :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

"doing exactly what we've done 18 times before is exactly the last thing they will expect us to do this time!"

Monday should be fun, topped up my Cash reserves as the West is going to come off worse than the Russians out of this IMO.  I'm going to look for some more Silver, like Vlad is going to want, i like my Gold/Silver in tonnes not ounces.

M S E Refugee
9 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

Will banking system collapse and spread contagion to the rest of the global financial system - all these things are connected. 

Big Kahuna coming? Was Friday the final one day melt up…? 

I'm resigned to losing my Russian investments.

I have bought more Silver off ebay,hopefully my Metals will soften the blow.

I think Putin may have no choice but to turn off the Gas.

6 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

Will banking system collapse and spread contagion to the rest of the global financial system - all these things are connected. 

Big Kahuna coming? Was Friday the final one day melt up…? 

Dollar demand spiking up Monday? Just the excuse the Fed needs for some extra "unplanned" "emergency" open market operations. Then DH finally gets his meltup and we'll have to have a whipround for the upgrade to extra-large bronze balls on his statue in Durham

Yadda yadda yadda
12 hours ago, Jesus Wept said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60540903

783F207A-80BF-476B-BEA5-5F8E81F2CE51.thumb.jpeg.88bd44bf7d2a527b59b201c212b4ce8d.jpeg 

Looks like they want to isolate Russia completely - the unintended consequences here are unfathomable….

Sadly I think they're intended consequences. Russia has to retaliate and that is known. The variable is how. Remember the fuss about Russian navy exercises near Ireland over undersea cables? Or the reputed abilities of Russian hackers? If Russia could take out western banking in response why wouldn't they? Or the gas supply. Remember also cyber polygon at the WEF and the similar rehearsal for a global pandemic right before the global pandemic? I'm afraid I am almost a fully fledged conspiralooney now.

If the internet goes down next week I won't even be able to post 'i told you so' on here. How shit will that be?

23 hours ago, Plan-b said:

I agree, this is a major British company and a world leader, this woke rubbish is gonna wreck this country if it continues. We need major energy companies like these going forward, and now Shell has relocated to the UK how long before this BS affects them too? Short sighted political toxic nonsense IMO.

This major British company's four largest shareholders are American companies. The fifth largest is an Israeli company. 

There are more American board members than British.

As a newbie I understand and accept the fair challenge that comments have become more ‘speculative and trading’….I guess a reflection of the exceptional circumstances over the past 2/3 weeks. People looking to gain short term. 

So longer term considerations for me are I think the ‘invasion’ will allow the Fed will be able to hold interest rates at these artificial low levels…..kicking the can down the road. The volatility of shares and any losses on never never shares, inflation and any human suffering can be parcelled up and blamed on Putin.

Gold is a funny one, it races up all day then the Dow opens and it drops back like nothing has happened. Gold for me is the constant around the swirling FIAT currencies and it all feels very artificial at the moment because with all the printy printy paper money is becoming worth less and less. Gold should be more. 

So no 8am panic from me on Monday….the US finance news channels will keep feeding everyone it’s warm diarrhoea and the Dow will hold up despite many of the US companies that are valued at billions actually earning very little actual money. 8 bits of bad news ignored, big over reaction to some good news and the Dow laps it up. (For now) 

However, things do feel precarious and I think it will be Putins financial actions (yet to really see) rather than the West’s that really give the final push one way or the other.🤦🏻‍♂️

Longer term DB & Co looks spot on…

I think I'll get stoned early today so I can stay up late tonight and get an early idea of market reaction :/

Got the free vegies on the boil :) I was talking to the 'dumpster divers' yesterday so they gave me a share of their stash....

Always make out like a scruff :ph34r: Then trade with the big boys when things really matter :P

You wanna know about diversity? I'll give u diversity lmao........Woke EU bitches can go get fukked! :Jumping:

PS I'm having foie gras on the top, large rolls of foie gras in the bloody bin! God bless em the mad bastards!

this is an example of how dumb the eejits are, see the date on my pudding? it was the 26 feb yesterday NOT 26 march!

I got 3 of them and 2 foie gras! There was nearly a punch up for the foie gras!

I find it very entertaining and very very interesting talking to the 'downtrodden classes'

I'm actually there as part of the peacekeeping force cos one old geezer is highly aggressive...

Edit: i think he's doing a good sideline, he used to have a knackered old A3 and he's recently upgraded to a newish SUV! there's money in dem der bins xD

edit again...be careful lol

IMG_20220227_112759.jpg

2 hours ago, geordie_lurch said:

Anyone going to sell BP first thing Monday as they seem to be the most exposed to Russia?

Nope, I have no contacts in either countries intelligence services and I'm not trusting anything MSM, so I will hold

Archived