DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Gary Stevenson / @garyseconomics

spygirl

Interesting one.

I heard him of this mornings R4 Broadcasting House program.

Hes a very stupid lefty. His arguments are innumerate and everywhere but where they should be.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/author/gary-stevenson/

Gary Stevenson is an economist and former interest rate trader in London and Tokyo. In 2011 he became Citibank’s most profitable trader globally by correctly predicting that the aftereffects of the 2008 crisis would lead to a long term stagnation in interest rates and a rapid rise in asset values. In 2014 he retired, at 27, as a multimillionaire, to study economics and inequality at Oxford University. He is currently working on economic models of inequality, wages and asset prices.

Everyones an economists - its not a subject worthy of much effort and anyones guess is as a good as anyone elses.

The millionaire thing was mentioned frequently on the radio.

“Capitalism’s over”: The man who made millions by betting the economy would never recover

Gary Stevenson, the Patriotic Millionaire and former trader, on predicting disaster – and why it can only be avoided by closing the wealth gap.

https://www.newstatesman.com/encounter/2021/11/gary-stevenson-i-knew-the-markets-were-wrong

Now is an unbelievable opportunity to change the way the rich are taxed, and to introduce a wealth tax.

The combination of rising asset prices for the rich and forthcoming job losses for the poor is an absolute disaster. And it’ll be in real terms a humanitarian disaster for most people as well. Therefore, now is an unbelievable opportunity to change the way the rich are taxed, and to introduce a wealth tax.

Gary was a successful trader at Citibank, but decided to leave the position in 2014. Since leaving Gary has focused on conducted research and educating people around wealth inequality. Gary currently runs and operates multiple social media channels dedicated to educating others and sharing his extensive knowledge on economics. Gary has actively been advocating for a wealth tax in the past years, most recently appearing in Owen Jones article for the Guardian We need a wealth tax.

https://millionairesforhumanity.org/the-millionaires/gary-stevenson/

Good look finding anything earlier than about ~2020.

Inequality Economist. Former Trader. Other Economists make predictions, but my ones are actually right. Explaining Economics on YouTube - garyseconomics

I smell a pump n dump ....

22 hours ago, spygirl said:

Inequality Economist. Former Trader. Other Economists make predictions, but my ones are actually right. Explaining Economics on YouTube - garyseconomics

I smell a pump n dump ....

I checked his YouTube, Hard to believe he went to Oxford to study economics, his videos are so one dimensional its hard to follow. I feel like I'm becoming dumbed by watching. 

It's like the sketch "the bankers the bonuses the bankers the bonuses, 50%"

On 15/08/2022 at 16:08, No One said:

I checked his YouTube, Hard to believe he went to Oxford to study economics, his videos are so one dimensional its hard to follow. I feel like I'm becoming dumbed by watching. 

It's like the sketch "the bankers the bonuses the bankers the bonuses, 50%"

He did a 1 eyear, paid for Economics for dummies Masters.

These are pure vanity ££££ = Oxbridge courses.

But he is very thinck.

Less that he wnt to Oxford (which is easily explain, see above) more that he was employed as an IR trader.

It doesnt add up.

Anyhow, Ive recorded this for future stud, if he crops up again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived