DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Meanwhile in Ireland...

Sugarlips

1 minute ago, Sugarlips said:

Free market interference going well again...

What’s happened to all these properties then?  I’m sure the landlords didn’t take them away, brick by brick. 

Ireland is accepting migrants on a far greater scale than any other country in Europe. 

Try booking a hotel room in Dublin. Impossible.  They're all filled with asylum seekers.

House building can't keep up with the influx. The government keeps adding restrictive rules to new builds increasing building costs and local planners deny any apartment building higher than 6 floors. 

Totally engineered by the government to get property prices high again.

3 hours ago, Joxer said:

Ireland is accepting migrants on a far greater scale than any other country in Europe. 

Try booking a hotel room in Dublin. Impossible.  They're all filled with asylum seekers.

House building can't keep up with the influx. The government keeps adding restrictive rules to new builds increasing building costs and local planners deny any apartment building higher than 6 floors. 

Totally engineered by the government to get property prices high again.

It wasn’t that long ago that there were stories of empty estates all over Ireland. )not sure if it was both bits) 

With a crooked smile
4 hours ago, One percent said:

What’s happened to all these properties then?  I’m sure the landlords didn’t take them away, brick by brick. 

When rugby union wasn't "professional " players would find envelopes full of cash in their boots during the transfer season. Of course there are probably more than rental 700 properties available in ROI its just they aren't all advertised on the open market. 

Ireland is an intensely fascinating case study for me.

Fight for 100s of years for your independence in your own land, only to replace yourselves with Africans. 

They don't even have any history of slavery/colonisation to atone for.

Just utterly bizarre.

Don Coglione
Just now, Boglet said:

Fight for 100s of years for your independence in your own land, only to replace yourselves with Africans. 

Just utterly bizarre.

Payback to the EU for all that lovely infrastructure.

16 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

And the exact same thing will (is) happening here. Don't get me wrong, things were far too stacked in favour of landlords here for far too long but as is often the case with these things the pendulum will also swing too far to the other side with the same consequences as above.

16 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

What happened did they import to many imigrents 

19 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

Payback to the EU for all that lovely infrastructure.

The Scot’s were an Irish tribe that drove the pics back (of Roman fame) and colonised Scotland 

Yadda yadda yadda
16 minutes ago, Boglet said:

Just utterly bizarre.

I find it even more insane in Northern Ireland. Fighting each other recently yet the warlords say nothing. From the Republican perspective immigration/plantation of Brits centuries ago is an historic wrong. Why would they allow in a different group of foreigners who will want to maintain their own alien cultures? The leaders must only have been interested in their personal power and money. No long term future for their leadership as they don't respect the interests of those they lead.

In other countries that experienced war as recently, albeit actual war rather than high level terrorism, they are protective of their borders. Former Yugoslavia is the obvious example.

4 minutes ago, King Penda said:

The Scot’s were an Irish tribe that drove the pics back (of Roman fame) and colonised Scotland 

Even you Mercians allow yourselves to be colonised. :(

1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I find it even more insane in Northern Ireland. Fighting each other recently yet the warlords say nothing. From the Republican perspective immigration/plantation of Brits centuries ago is an historic wrong. Why would they allow in a different group of foreigners who will want to maintain their own alien cultures? The leaders must only have been interested in their personal power and money. No long term future for their leadership as they don't respect the interests of those they lead.

In other countries that experienced war as recently, albeit actual war rather than high level terrorism, they are protective of their borders. Former Yugoslavia is the obvious example.

Even you Mercians allow yourselves to be colonised. :(

It’s my standard defence against fenians who claim Ireland has never invaded or colonised any other country

Archived