DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Christmas game to end the year

haroldshand

As far as I am concerned the  when the Nationwide data comes out next week it will definitely show a fall, even the Forex future diary is showing a prediction of a -0.7% fall next week, I have not seen that in years now. So what is your prediction for December the  last housing data for the year MOM and for the end of 2023?

I am going for a biggie this month and think next week we will see a MOM fall of -1.7% and by end of next year I am going for a -17% fall

reformed nice guy
29 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

As far as I am concerned the  when the Nationwide data comes out next week it will definitely show a fall, even the Forex future diary is showing a prediction of a -0.7% fall next week, I have not seen that in years now. So what is your prediction for December the  last housing data for the year MOM and for the end of 2023?

I am going for a biggie this month and think next week we will see a MOM fall of -1.7% and by end of next year I am going for a -17% fall

I think the yoy fall reported for December 2023 will be relatively small compared to your guess, something like -3%. That will be nominal though.

The last Nationwide yoy change was +4.4% but with 14% RPI or 10% CPI it is a significant real drop.

https://www.nationwidehousepriceindex.co.uk/reports/annual-house-price-growth-slows-sharply-in-november

I think a -3% nominal drop on a background of something like 8% RPI and 5% CPI. Over 2 years that that would be a real ~20% drop.

That should bolt the horses....

22 hours ago, haroldshand said:

Why dont you make a POLL? The forum loves polls

https://www.nationwidehousepriceindex.co.uk/reports/annual-house-price-growth-continued-to-slow-sharply-as-2022-drew-to-a-close

0.1% seems pretty strange considering the forecast and the previous month. In fact it would be quite easy for the media to be quite bullish about this, but they won't.

Too early to say of course but outside of the Boxing Day rush of listings it does not appear that there has is a sustained uptick. 

I think its likely there will be more forbearance this year (after all it will be Labour's problem to unwind)

My own prediction is that it'll only be a single digit fall at the national level, maybe 8%-9%. Something for everyone then, if you use an inflation adjusted figure that is quite high (although I feel less relevant as the buying power of said money could only be used for property, so it is more the bank's loss), but also people can claim there is no crash.

Just now, Boon said:

https://www.nationwidehousepriceindex.co.uk/reports/annual-house-price-growth-continued-to-slow-sharply-as-2022-drew-to-a-close

0.1% seems pretty strange considering the forecast and the previous month. In fact it would be quite easy for the media to be quite bullish about this, but they won't.

Too early to say of course but outside of the Boxing Day rush of listings it does not appear that there has is a sustained uptick. 

I think its likely there will be more forbearance this year (after all it will be Labour's problem to unwind)

My own prediction is that it'll only be a single digit fall at the national level, maybe 8%-9%. Something for everyone then, if you use an inflation adjusted figure that is quite high (although I feel less relevant as the buying power of said money could only be used for property, so it is more the bank's loss), but also people can claim there is no crash.

There has been hardy any new listings in my area. A couple of price drops but nothing new hitting the market. Im surprised. 

39 minutes ago, One percent said:

There has been hardy any new listings in my area. A couple of price drops but nothing new hitting the market. Im surprised. 

It's coming. End of January and it's party time. Credit card bills, gas, electric, council tax, food prices. Imo. 

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Price drops you say?

PriceDrop1.thumb.jpg.fe47e333cbaa83dadf5b1652efe5220f.jpg

And yet again my property predictions are totally wrongxD

Yet again this post/thread would have been just fine in the "Maybe it's different this time" thread.

I still think prices will fall but not as pessimistic as some

Archived