DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Greedy Kite-Flying Probates thread

spunko

2 to 3 years and they might hit a bid at the bottom of the market (after multiple reductions).

Our house a prime example, which eventually sold under 60% of original asking price.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7bGzlth_6s

How do you know they are probates?
some people like 70s decor.

Giveaways are old decor, non rental market type property, house cleared or partially cleared.

Other circumstances other than outright probate too-  owners have gone into care / moved to live with children.  Semi-probate.

To downsize very few can do so without a sale being part of the chain.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

humdrum
59 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Giveaways are old decor, non rental market type property, house cleared or partially cleared.

Other circumstances other than outright probate too-  owners have gone into care / moved to live with children.  Semi-probate.

To downsize very few can do so without a sale being part of the chain.

That is true.

Other pointers are  pop classics being played on a 1970s tape deck, an Armstrong lathe in the basement, a gun along side it and the vendors displaying every sign of desperation as a result of having already pissed away their inheritance.

There are always peaks and troughs in the housing market and with a bit of luck the market will bottom out in a year or so and there will be a lot of bargains to be had for those who keep their eyes open

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, humdrum said:

Looks ok. I would like a bigger garden, but then I would always like a bigger garden

895k and has a garage sized for a Morris Minor and no way to enlarge/add.

I'm out.

Wight Flight
9 hours ago, One percent said:

Good thread.  I’ll add this. It’s worked its way down from around 550 and has languished on the market for a year at least.   I would like it but not at the price with the amount of work that needs doing 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/144616670#/?channel=RES_BUY

Christ someone has done a correspondence course in creative writing!

• Agree 1

One percent
Just now, Wight Flight said:

Christ someone has done a correspondence course in creative writing!

Fuck all else to doas they aren’t selling houses.  30 new listings today. I think that might be a record. xD

sleepwello'nights
17 hours ago, leonardratso said:

We're keeping granny's coffin in the front room for Halloween - Clare  Ainsworth - Plymouth Live

Now that's given me an idea. Will save on storage costs if I choose my coffin now or on burial fees if my OH departs before me.

Have any of our other skinflints thought the same?

• Agree 1

Mandalorian
On 19/03/2024 at 19:51, Joncrete Cungle said:

Hate to say it, but they aren't bad houses for the money compared with the shite you get these days.

Decent sized floor space.  Decent sized rooms.

5 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

Hate to say it, but they aren't bad houses for the money compared with the shite you get these days.

Decent sized floor space.  Decent sized rooms.

Both need 70k loose spent on em

Mandalorian
3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Both need 70k loose spent on em

Still not bad when compared to new builds.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mandalorian said:

Still not bad when compared to new builds.

I agree. Floor space on the fist is impressive. Bungalow not so imo. The house won’t be a cavity construction so cold. 

Ash4781b

EC1BB890-C459-4BE0-9585-588208E40E8F.jpeg.68bd431487f126cd63486663ee5aeecd.jpeg52B8BC90-9E39-4FD4-8114-02D45C764A19.jpeg.6f535cbbb89359bf61d63635885efab3.jpeg

£290K this one, Kent. So depressing. For someone buying and this their budget and presumably some poor sod died in it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2024 at 14:26, onlyme said:

Giveaways are old decor, non rental market type property, house cleared or partially cleared....oh, and smells of pi$$

FTFY! :-)

On 19/03/2024 at 15:36, humdrum said:

and the vendors displaying every sign of desperation as a result of having already pissed away their inheritance.

If only this was true, most time their greed obscures any sensible price the agent may propose.

humdrum
11 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

If only this was true, most time their greed obscures any sensible price the agent may propose.

That is me.

I am a greedy bastard and a sensible price is anything that I can get away with. That said, I am at the stage where changing a toilet roll is half a day's work, so while the idea of tarting up a ruin and making a fortune thereby is still appealing, I just don't have the puff any more.

• Lol 1

• 3 weeks later...