DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come.

DurhamBorn

3 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

notice the area isnt mentioned, id say its fake.

Oh it’s all in there, the full gory detail -

We live in a three-bed semi-detached town house in Telford in Shropshire.

Our house is a new build and it's a three storey townhouse, on a Countryside development called Silkin Green.

The house cost us £222,995 and we pay £600 a month on our mortgage which we took out over 35 years.

We put down a five per cent deposit and got help from the Help to Buy loan which brought our mortgage down.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw one a month back or so on the Daily Mail for a house in Gloucester. I went proper Sherlock on it trying to find the legitmate house details, couldn't find anything. The thing stunk of being a poor credit mortgage lender advert. I thought they had to display if it was an advertorial but I suspect they're flauting the rules somehow with fake personas.

leonardratso
16 minutes ago, Ma2 said:

Our house is a new build and it's a three storey townhouse, on a Countryside development called Silkin Green.

The house cost us £222,995 and we pay £600 a month on our mortgage which we took out over 35 years.

We put down a five per cent deposit and got help from the Help to Buy loan which brought our mortgage down.

i stand corrected, obviously i was distracted by too much mottery.

I still say its pure BS in a can, who the feck earns only £1000 a month as a couple? i suspect thats £1K each, that must be some sort of part time shit with plenty of benefits added but not mentioned, also sales? is it just basic plus commission? or just commission?

I could be completely wrong, i admit but like any decent DM story, theres plenty of relevant stuff missing.

PS. know its 'da san' but its basically all the same.

14 minutes ago, Ma2 said:

That's all they need, nothing else matters xD. Even have the link to the development, only 6 more houses to go.

DurhamBorn
2 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Was in Aldi first thing after a night shift on Saturday morning and was pleased to see 50% off stickers on the fresh produce with BB date of saturday.Aldi never used to do this.

Have told Mrs P we need to get a big freezer for the garage.

50% off Aldi price is 75% off Sainsbury's imho.

Yes its the one shop iv never seen anything reduced.Maybe they do it first thing at 8am.My son works for them.Didnt go to Uni,but doing very well at Aldi (not in a shop).He is saving like mad on the wages and buying some silver before he is even 20 xD

DurhamBorn
6 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Isn't that part of your attraction to VOD? That their debt is structured as corporate bonds and therefore will not be subject to interest rate rises?

Yes,no all the debt,but lots of it is at coupons of 2% etc.A property REIT whose management i consider the best in the game have also put out half their bank debt into a 10 year bond at 3.5%.Very shrewd move.

SpectrumFX
1 hour ago, Ma2 said:

35 year term.

Fucking hell that's too long.

DurhamBorn
1 hour ago, Ma2 said:

Then they say they managed to get the builder to pay for a dishwasher.FFS.You can get one for £30 in Gumtree.35 year mortgage,£600 a month before the HTB interest and before rates go up.Mental.Third bedroom is a box room,ie cupboard and garden is a few paving slabs.Another couple stuffed for 20 years and stuck in a terrible house.

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Don't worry, they plan to stay there for 8 years...

xD,you missed a zero off,80 years.O.o

2 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

xD,you missed a zero off,80 years.O.o

:) No no they'll use the equity generated by HPI to enable them to move up the ladder while withdrawing some for a BTL oop north.

Its what you do.

15 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

:) No no they'll use the equity generated by HPI to enable them to move up the ladder while withdrawing some for a BTL oop north.

Its what you do.

Just raise rents innit?

Ok I have tried my best to read this book by Andrew Marr about Britain and the history of consumerism but it is bloody horrible and I have decided it is a load of sh*te which runs to hundreds of pages and Life Is Too Bloody Short.

In a nutshell? Britain used to make stuff but guess bloody what now it doesn’t and Shopping is the Thing.

With loads of regulations That Are The Envy Of The World, apparently.

God almighty what a waste of my bloody time.

Here maybe I will go on a site somewhere and give it a review.

Here- have House of Fraser or Debenhams a Readers Corner on their websites?

1 hour ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Don't worry, they plan to stay there for 8 years...

Also they are extremely shrewd and savvy financial engineers :CryBaby:

The couple managed to negotiate with the developers to pay for the dishwasher in the kitchen

leonardratso
12 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Also they are extremely shrewd and savvy financial engineers :CryBaby:

The couple managed to negotiate with the developers to pay for the dishwasher in the kitchen

who promptly added it onto the lease hold for the next 20 years.

Just one thing about the 8 year stint, i wouldnt expect that house to be standing in 8 years, thats the kinda quality i see in new builds. Either that or the pair will be in prison because theyll have murdered the neighbour for daring to fart or piss into their own toilet at night while they are trying to sleep. I went and stayed at my mates years ago in woking, he'd bought a £250K town house semi, i heard voices when we were watching TV one night and i thought someone was in the same room, i could hear what they were talking about. He looked at me and said, dont panic, its the neighbours, they just happened to be in  their lounge at the same time as us.

The walls were 'wafer thin mints, monsieur creosote'.

sancho panza
3 hours ago, Ma2 said:

They've sourced a roughly 2.5% 35 year mortgage....on a new build which according to LCP Acadata includes a 16% new build premium.

Jesus wept.

leonardratso
5 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

They've sourced a roughly 2.5% 35 year mortgage....on a new build which according to LCP Acadata includes a 16% new build premium.

Jesus wept.

Think we can put this in the '21 year old buys house - if they can do it you can do' bin. The one where the maths is fudged or just glossed over, and other trinkets like a £50K gift from mater and pater are swept under the rug as timothy shows us how he manages to save £200 a month from his £235 a month job as a student activist at the NUS rallies.

leonardratso

PS. re the international equities(miners/goldies), dont forget the +ve/-ve effect FX can have on your shares. I made money on TLT last year even though they either didnt move or fell slightly because £/$ changed.

Inoperational Bumblebee
3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Yes,no all the debt,but lots of it is at coupons of 2% etc.A property REIT whose management i consider the best in the game have also put out half their bank debt into a 10 year bond at 3.5%.Very shrewd move.

Any idea what the distribution is? I'm not experienced in researching individual shares, otherwise I wouldn't ask! TIA

leonardratso
12 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Any idea what the distribution is? I'm not experienced in researching individual shares, otherwise I wouldn't ask! TIA

some info here;

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/NRR/13549762.html

Suppose it means that their assets are unencumbered by the debt, so this doesnt show up on the balance sheet against assets? is that correct? nice to have a fixed rate i suppose, in a world of potentially varying interest rates,

Inoperational Bumblebee
11 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

some info here;

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/NRR/13549762.html

Suppose it means that their assets are unencumbered by the debt, so this doesnt show up on the balance sheet against assets? is that correct? nice to have a fixed rate i suppose, in a world of potentially varying interest rates,

Ta. I meant VOD, but that's a great starting place for me to look!

[EDIT] This looks like a good start http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/VOD/13660534.html

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices/stocks/summary/fundamentals.html?fourWayKey=GB00BH4HKS39GBGBXSET1

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

From your link

On 30 May 2018, Vodafone closed a six-tranche US$11.5 billion SEC-registered fixed and floating rate bond offering with an average life of 14 years and effective average euro rate of 2.0%.  This transaction comprises the following securities: US$2,000,000,000 3.750% notes due 16 January 2024, US$1,500,000,000 4.125% notes due 30 May 2025, US$3,000,000,000 4.375% notes due 30 May 2028, US$1,000,000,000 5.000% notes due 30 May 2038, US$3,000,000,000 5.250% notes due 30 May 2048, and US$1,000,000,000 floating rate notes due 16 January 2024. Vodafone has applied to list the notes on the New York Stock Exchange.

Vodafone intends to use the net proceeds from the transaction either to fund the acquisition of Liberty Global plc's operations in Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania or for general corporate purposes

"effective average euro rate of 2%" when every portion is higher? 3.75% up to 5.25% with $1bn floating.

Inoperational Bumblebee
9 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

From your link

"effective average euro rate of 2%" when every portion is higher? 3.75% up to 5.25% with $1bn floating.

I wonder how that is worked out? @DurhamBorn, would be interested in further details if you're willing.

Democorruptcy
9 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

I wonder how that is worked out? @DurhamBorn, would be interested in further details if you're willing.

For clarification:

US$2,000,000,000 3.750% notes due 16 January 2024

US$1,500,000,000 4.125% notes due 30 May 2025

US$3,000,000,000 4.375% notes due 30 May 2028

US$1,000,000,000 5.000% notes due 30 May 2038

US$3,000,000,000 5.250% notes due 30 May 2048

US$1,000,000,000 floating rate notes due 16 January 2024

Archived