DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Autumn Budget

spunko

Just now, Long time lurking said:

Hmrc part i think means they now trump first charges/all other creditors  ...my first thoughts were capital gains tax and BTL the banks get second dibs (i could be wrong thought)

I thought that was always the case, that HMRC had first dibs as creditor. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chewing Grass
1 hour ago, Harley said:

"Extra £160m of funding for counter-terrorism policing in 2019-20." 

Wonder which particular group of society has raised this cost?

"Stamp duty abolished for all first-time buyers on shared ownership homes up to £500,000."

WTF - sounds like we are in the era of hyper-inflation or do developers in Londonistan have huge numbers of unsold flats to get shut off.

"Extra £950m for the Scottish government by 2020-21." and "More funding into Northern Ireland also."

Political bribes.

"Increasing the Transforming Cities Fund to £2.4bn." and "We support the delivery of a further 19,000 homes by improving the DLR."

More crap homes to house London’s economic bottom feeders.

"Further £500m for Housing Infrastructure Fund to unlock a further 650,000 homes."

This will be for developing massive housing developments in the middle of nowhere i.e. old air-bases where there is no infrastructure.

dont forget the new 50pence piece to celebrate brexit.

It will have a map of germany on it with red dots where the bombs need to fall to destroy the bmw.vw.audi.porsche factories.

24 minutes ago, macca said:

Best comment I have heard from a Tory so far.. 

“We have all had to tighten our belts”

Its another we’re all in this together speech.. 🤬

Yet the poor are poorer and rich richer? 

The gap between rich and poor would be even bigger if it was a Labour government.

Long time lurking
4 minutes ago, One percent said:

I thought that was always the case, that HMRC had first dibs as creditor. 

So did i ,that`s why i thought BTL the banks always have first dibs as they have first charge on a mortgaged property ...who knows ,not me

19 minutes ago, Harley said:

Caroline LucasVerified account @CarolineLucas 3m3 minutes ago.  "Hidden away in #Budget2018 is possible £3bn tax break for oil and gas companies in the North Sea - yet another blank cheque for the dirty fossil fuel industry whilst clean, renewable energy is ignored".  Forget the specifics but note my earlier point about the devil coming out later in the detail.

This is interesting, I was going to comment on another thread how the gas futures prices have been falling sharply for the last few weeks. I've no doubt that those with connections had advance notice of the tax breaks.

#WeWantToBeCoolToo

#BeMyFriend

DqsHqwMXgAAaJdN.thumb.jpg.124e0dad22c79e9231f6c6268cf35edb.jpg

I remember a day when railcards were for the young, 'cause the slightly older ones could afford a car!

Really kids, it really happened.

1 minute ago, Harley said:

#WeWantToBeCoolToo

#BeMyFriend

I remember a day when railcards were for the young, 'cause the slightly older ones could afford a car!

We should all have a railcard. Or two new pairs of shoes a year.

Just now, Harley said:

#WeWantToBeCoolToo

Here’s a plan.  Why not just drop the price of tickets for everyone?  

Oh, oh, me, me, I know, they want to screw that little bit more out of the sap taxpayer. 

They are taking us for fools. 

Oh and btw, I’m flying from one end on England to the other this week.  Cheaper than the train but not as cheap as driving. Madness. 

Chewing Grass
23 minutes ago, Harley said:

DqsWjLGXQAE5uSy.jpg.dd409b0c77c0216850f9a75c0506b83b.jpg

Well, to be pedantic, the richest regions get richer. 

And it was well bad enough in 2000!

Are those numbers really comparing say London v the North East and New York v Detroit!

Sweden’s figures must be fixed!

Germany has shitter areas than the UK!

Britain has the richest fuckers by a country mile (in the city of Westminster?), defining lower-level regions is particularly challenging.

https://stats.oecd.org/OECDregionalstatistics/#story=1

Needs fact checking BUT the point is valid. 

When they say the deficit has come down they actually mean the rate of the deficit increasing has come down.  It's still going up, just not so fast!

Did you see what they did there?

xxDqsElumX0AERvUK.jpg.6280d8cca168eb1663d5974e94d24d26.jpg

7 minutes ago, Harley said:

max albedo  @MaxAlbedo 15m15 minutes ago "Don't buy the Tory spin Raising the lower threshold to £12.5k leaves extra cash in ALL tax payers pockets including the rich. Raising higher tax band to £50k also leaves extra cash in the pockets of the rich. A double bung to the rich & reducing revenues for services"......Good point Max!

Apart from the fact that the personal allowance tapers away from £100k so anyone on over £125k (I think) won’t get any.

FSBVerified account @fsb_policy 2h2 hours ago ..."For next 2 years, Chancellor announces that all businesses on the high streets with a 51,000 rateable value or less, their business rates bills will be cut by a third. FSB have been calling for support to small firms on our high streets"....Confused -  then why have they been spraying Novichok all over them?

actually i think id like a 50 pence piece with angela merkel on it, maybe juncker on the back with a bottle of wine, perhaps prostrate,

25 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

We should all have a railcard. Or two new pairs of shoes a year.

Well I guess it's an improvement.  They used to tell us to get on our bikes!

1 hour ago, Harley said:

"£400m bonus to help schools buy the things they need - averaging £10,000 per Primary Schools and £50,000 per Secondary Schools."

They're going to buy stun batons and teachers who understand the subject that is in their job title?

9 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Apart from the fact that the personal allowance tapers away from £100k so anyone on over £125k (I think) won’t get any.

True, but now we're talking shades of rich!

Archived