DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

24 minutes ago, JMD said:

The R-rate continues to rapidly fall, week-on-week (stats below), yet the UK lock-down is still going ahead... surely this is madness?!... its this type of information - that contradicts the government's own 'follow the science' mantra - yet curiously no media outlet questions it - that screams out to me that there must be other agendas in play here.   

I noticed also that for the first time in many many weeks, last night's BBC 10 o'clock news didn't show the number of daily infections, is that because the daily infection figure has now also begun to fall? 

Metro article:-

'The R number is now between 1.1 and 1.3 in the UK, down from 1.2 to 1.4 last week, the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) said on Friday.

Two weeks ago it was estimated to be between 1.3 and 1.5.'

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/30/uks-coronavirus-r-rate-drops-to-as-low-as-1-1-13509358/

The game is up. They have been rumbled....

• Replies 34.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

William Hill plc is seeking shareholder approval for a recommended cash acquisition by Caesars UK Holdings Ltd, who have offered the following: For each William Hill plc share held: 272p

Current price 272.5

3 hours ago, JMD said:

Interesting Harley, but what does the part in bold mean?...is it do with balancing commodities between the different mining sectors?   

'Diversify hards into other metals, crypto, ano (searching!)'

I use the Permenant Portfolio (capital protection) for the floor fund and that has 25% gold which I want to diversify away from so I call it hard assets and am looking for things to include.  Yes commodities, where I can own physical (no derivatives in the floor fund please!), but also new boys like crypto and anything else I can think of (e.g. woodland, nicely out of the financial system?).  Finding suitable alternatives is hard.

New post up on SEED: https://surplusenergyeconomics.wordpress.com/

Edit to add: I love these articles, and await each new one with some excitement. But I also think they're wrong in one important respect. Sure, energy is important. But so is information. It's why the steam chart on my wall is 2D in both enthalpy and entropy. It's why physicists obsess about entropy of black holes. It's why there's more than one law of thermodynamics. For me, it's a work in progress.

1 hour ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

DAX shit 250 pips since 8am CET but currently up +100 off the lows :S

market-dead-cat-bounce.jpeg

I expect plenty of zig zags as (some of) the chart patterns I mentioned play out (as the politics, covid, etc play out), and then bang, macro on!

Mosaic down 12% yesterday ? Whats all that about ? Might buy a first ladder if I know whats going on there.

OK googled it, dissapointing 3rd quarter results apparently.

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
52 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Stimulus package will arrive whoever is in power.Fed would prefer fiscal through government but has other levers if needed.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Bank of England set to inject £100bn into faltering UK economy:

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/bank-of-england-november-mpc-meeting-preview-qe-andrew-bailey-uk-interest-rates-000100305.html

31 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Its starting ;)

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/11/three-uk-and-vodafone-adopt-inflation-busting-price-hikes.html

CPI+3.9%

The industry will all follow suit and likely none will break ranks.

Vodafone actually moved me to a new tariff. Same as the old one which they’re discontinuing but I now get unlimited data. I saved £0.20 a month.

Democorruptcy
11 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Vodafone actually moved me to a new tariff. Same as the old one which they’re discontinuing but I now get unlimited data. I saved £0.20 a month.

I'm going to complain to them about it. It's off thread message.

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
15 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Bank of England set to inject £100bn into faltering UK economy:

WRONG!

They have INCREASED it by a mere...£50bn! :o

The decision was voted through unanimously by the 9-person MPC.

"Bank of England to pump another £150bn into UK economy"

As the theme of this thread...Music to our ear-holes!:D

China has nearly 250 gigawatts (GW) of coal-fired power now under development, more than the entire coal power capacity of the United States. 

Our Chinese friends now have 97.8 GW of coal-fired power under construction, and another 151.8 GW at the planning stage. And so while some poor sap was penning Xi’s carefully crafted speech to the UN, Xi and his underlings were busy. Busy financing and building out what is likely to be the worlds most impressive global energy infrastructure.

But they are not only investing in their backyard. Nope… according to a Boston University database they have made more than $244 billion in energy investments abroad since 2000 with the bulk of that in recent years going into oil and gas. 

(Yeah not wind, solar or renewable and recyclable Unicorn farts. Good ol O&G…)

https://capitalistexploits.at/how-china-is-capturing-global-energy-market-share/

5 minutes ago, AWW said:

Yep London and suburbs are choked with traffic and have been since yesterday afternoon. I've never seen anything like it.

Isn't it a bit like what happened in Paris with their 70km gridlock the night before lockdown and a lot of people are simply fleeing to the country to make lockdown more bearable?

Archived