DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

9 hours ago, Thorn said:

Unbelievable action these days lads. DB once again Thank You for all you’ve done to point a direction. Unreal. 

So not wishing to derail everybody from watching WTI, Au, Ag and everything- but some of my Ferrari pizzas have a soggy bottom. Any ideas- are the bases too thick?

Probably just need to heat up the stone for longer. Ive taken to using pizza pans now, mainly to stop the base sticking to the stone, but usually give it a good 15-20 minutes to heat up before use. 

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Craig said:

Probably just need to heat up the stone for longer. Ive taken to using pizza pans now, mainly to stop the base sticking to the stone, but usually give it a good 15-20 minutes to heat up before use. 

GF has taken to using baking paper (I think thats what its called), as she struggled with the base sticking - or adding extra flour and that burning. We've had no fires yet so I assume its working.

TheCountOfNowhere
31 minutes ago, jamanda said:

"They" are saying social distancing might be for the rest of the year.  Has anyone any clue how this will unfold?

I posted elsewhere yesterday that people had started to ignore this and the roads/trains have become busier.

Either it be more lockdown or people will just say **** it.

Does anyone have a view of whether we will see another leg down or everything will just spring back ?

40 minutes ago, jamanda said:

"They" are saying social distancing might be for the rest of the year.  Has anyone any clue how this will unfold?

"They" will lose whatever control they have left over the population. People are growing tired and are starting to see through all the bullshit. 

TheCountOfNowhere
3 minutes ago, kibuc said:

"They" will lose whatever control they have left over the population. People are growing tired and are starting to see through all the bullshit. 

Im for the lockdown but even yesterday I started to think what's the point.  

Went for a walk and saw 3 blokes have a walk together, the rules have started to be bent.

It'll be interesting in the summer when no one gets their summer holiday

9 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Can anyone tell me why Oil Shares are going up ?

Is this recovery just based on the QE banker theft ?

Topping up their oil reserves for nothing good for the balance sheet?

Heart's Ease
44 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

GF has taken to using baking paper (I think thats what its called), as she struggled with the base sticking - or adding extra flour and that burning. We've had no fires yet so I assume its working.

Delia Smith dusts the stone/tray with polenta. Always worked for me.

TheCountOfNowhere
11 minutes ago, Heart's Ease said:

Are you sure about that ?

I use semolina.

Heart's Ease
3 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Are you sure about that ?

I use semolina.

From my much used How To Cook Book One. Puttanesca sauce recipe highly recommended also.

IMG_20200423_091420047.jpg

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
54 minutes ago, kibuc said:

100% SPOT ON!

This is ALL YOU need to do when ya get anything from GOV:
image.png.f059d54b54fffd9b371e35abb2cd7be2.png

Agent ZigZag

Maybe Im just getting old but it has been a long wet and tiring winter. The above average April weather has lifted my spirits. This lockdown if left in place over the summer will frustrate people even more when we head into another damp British winter. Not good for the spirits. Social anger/unrest builds that may be another black swan for the markets to contend with. Just a thought. Anyway Im emjoying the day and the moment

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Market isn't fearing going mad max like when they were plunging, as with PM's they are having a future priced in.  Couple of months and things will be in a new normal, whatever that looks like.

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Something of a lone voice out in the markets at this point but again, lines up with DB’s research.

The fact the Fed wants to backstop the shale fields does cloud the crystal ball, ie who is going to blink first to cut the production necessary for this to play out? 

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/How-Oil-Prices-Could-Go-To-100.html

“This all points to a huge comeback for oil prices. As the world rushes to scale back oil production, they are setting up a bull market for the future. “When we are on the other side of the pandemic, we think oil demand will normalize very quickly. And next year, we could even see unprecedented inventory draws and the world quickly running out of spare capacity,” Westbeck Chief Executive Officer Jean-Louis Le Mee told MRT in an interview. 

“That rout will mean more U.S. shale producers will have to throttle back output, some of which could be permanent, [...]. The shut-ins, coupled with a recent deal by OPEC and allied members to curb production, could set the stage for a price rebound in coming years.”

Castlevania
41 minutes ago, CVG said:

My equity summary as of last night. I must increase my Halma holdings. Boring but solid as a rock (famous last words).

image.png.cf1a41e7116159a0ad3bc94aae086823.png

How are you measuring IRR? 

TheCountOfNowhere
2 hours ago, Heart's Ease said:

I'll try that as I cant seem to get semolina anywhere :Beer:

13 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

How are you measuring IRR? 

Excel XIRR. Dates in left hand column. Purchases expressed as -£X. Dividends expressed as +£Y. Sales expressed as +£Z. Current value expressed as +£A.

Castlevania
12 minutes ago, CVG said:

Excel XIRR. Dates in left hand column. Purchases expressed as -£X. Dividends expressed as +£Y. Sales expressed as +£Z. Current value expressed as +£A.

I don’t think it works with shares that have fallen in value. It makes them look worse than they actually are.

Agent ZigZag

As the basement part of the forum is about thrift my mind now is drifting towards other basic matters such as looking at getting the best deal for gas and electricity for my house. What are peoples thoughts. Fixed deal variable combined or separate suppliers. Comments welcome

4 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

I don’t think it works with shares that have fallen in value. It makes them look worse than they actually are.

Is that wishful thinking based on my Card Factory holdings or factual? Lol.

Talking Monkey
3 hours ago, kibuc said:

They will lose control. What I don't understand is why this bullshit is being put out, its literally destroying the economy, will decimate the tax take for years to come, its suicidal for the government and also for the public sector. None of it stacks up at all. 

Archived