DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

DurhamBorn

Silver and the silver miners getting a bid.Working mans gold coming to life as people sniff currency destruction.Government is sending me freshly printed furlough money and i exchange it for silver.

By 2028 i think people will want at least 10x the amount of this printed stuff to exchange me an oz.

If the miners really run hard  its going to be crucial to try to understand if we will are entering a reflation with a sector re-allocation from here or if there is one last hammer down.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Silver and the silver miners getting a bid.Working mans gold coming to life as people sniff currency destruction.Government is sending me freshly printed furlough money and i exchange it for silver.

By 2028 i think people will want at least 10x the amount of this printed stuff to exchange me an oz.

If the miners really run hard  its going to be crucial to try to understand if we will are entering a reflation with a sector re-allocation from here or if there is one last hammer down.

I saw that when I logged in to HL earlier. I have to confess that our business's £10K covid grant went straight into silver via a bullionvault account and I chucked in another £5K on Wednesday. 

I'm trying not to get distracted by the possibility of one more mini slump for PM before the big surge to the moon. It probably doesn't matter if one believes the big macro picture. As you say, it's impossible to call the bottom (or top) of any cycle.

A comment from another blog with a similar outlook to @DurhamBorn or is it someone from here?

Anonymous Charlie said...

House prices in GBP: perhaps up to 20% falls, but the currency will be sacrificed (again) to keep nominal falls as small as possible. House prices to halve in gold.

I feel Mr Market is starting to wake up to the fact that it's end of cycle, and the next one will be a) industrial and b) inflationary. That's the coming macro environment that I'm positioned for and is, I think, the reason for FTSE knocking on the door of 6k. Some FTSE listed companies still look cheap, but there's at least half the index I wouldn't touch even if it halved from here.

Blog is http://www.cityunslicker.co.uk/

32 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Think I'll go with silver Maple Leaf coins for this order - cheaper on coininvest and still .999 purity.  CGT applies but I will have a bulk of Brits to counteract that.

Transistor Man
23 hours ago, Transistor Man said:

They licence the name. A funny thing happened with VW buying Bentley and the “winged woman”, but not the name RR. I forget the details.

I’ve looked it up now.

1998, VW and BMW held a bidding war to buy rolls Royce (cars).

VW paid £430 million for the RR car business - the designs, the Crewe factory, the winged woman figure, and the right to build Bentleys, but, no — they were horrified to discover — right to use the name Rolls Royce. 

Ouch.

BMW paid £40 million for that to the aero engine business. 

I guess, with the Continental GT, it all worked out for VW in the end.

Democorruptcy
3 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

It's good news that he has gone.

He was very greedy and arrogant and managed Royal Mail on a part time basis from his home in Switzerland.

Also he was unwilling to engage with the Union and was obstructive when the Union wanted to do a deal on pay and new ways of working, he also ignored previous agreements.

Is that with your employee or investor's hat on? I thought he was going to cut costs (you workers!) and so boost profits for investors. 

I shouldn't have worded it as if he threw the towel in, he may have been pushed, particularly if it was something to do with the rumours of a takeover and Kretinsky didn't like him. 

DurhamBorn
33 minutes ago, Loki said:

Think I'll go with silver Maple Leaf coins for this order - cheaper on coininvest and still .999 purity.  CGT applies but I will have a bulk of Brits to counteract that.

They have some nice 2oz ones at the moment The Kraken xD,the 2oz queens beast white horse worth filling up on,they might run out in a few months.

M S E Refugee
15 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Is that with your employee or investor's hat on? I thought he was going to cut costs (you workers!) and so boost profits for investors. 

I shouldn't have worded it as if he threw the towel in, he may have been pushed, particularly if it was something to do with the rumours of a takeover and Kretinsky didn't like him. 

The thing is we are prepared to embrace change but I got the impression that he wanted us on similar pay and conditions to Herpes and Yodel whilst he trousered millions of pounds.

Our Union is quite reasonable and he would have got most of what he wanted but he didn't want to negotiate,he was a bit like Jean Claude Juncker in that respect.

19 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

They have some nice 2oz ones at the moment The Kraken xD,the 2oz queens beast white horse worth filling up on,they might run out in a few months.

Anything in particular make them stand out to you? Or just for something different?

On 14/05/2020 at 11:15, Harley said:

"Our Tony" on very good form today.......

Thanks Harley, plus as shown in podcast, if anyone wants a 'deep dive' (no, not that kind Harley!) into individual country import/export stats, surely couldn't improve on the following great great site... 

https://oec.world/en/

Agent ZigZag
25 minutes ago, Loki said:

Anything in particular make them stand out to you? Or just for something different?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and for me gold is gold and silver is silver. However I do own a few Philharmonics and they are appealing to hold and feel. i can definitely see the appeal that collectors go to 

ThoughtCriminal
1 hour ago, Loki said:

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/silver-1oz-britannias-box-of-500

Have you seen this box of 500 at Baird? They seem incredibly cheap. Am I missing something? 

16 minutes ago, Agent ZigZag said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and for me gold is gold and silver is silver. However I do own a few Philharmonics and they are appealing to hold and feel. i can definitely see the appeal that collectors go to 

Gotcha.  I don't have an inherent interest in the coins themselves, beyond them preserving wealth for me so I can do/buy things that do interest me xD a means to an end.  A shiny and pretty one, but that's all (To me!)

1 minute ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/silver-1oz-britannias-box-of-500

Have you seen this box of 500 at Baird? They seem incredibly cheap. Am I missing something? 

Wow that would finish my stacking in one purchase!  I don't think there's anything suspicious there, bulk buying is always cheaper in the long run!

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

If you go to the next screen, it's £9,500 delivered. I'm not sure what they charge for storage.

Ah yes, that will be the VAT added.  Shame it works out no cheaper then, £19 a coin at present.

Better than my favourite coininvest though.  

coin.JPG

TheCountOfNowhere
2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Thanks for the heads up. I have some of these which were well down.

Endeavour Silver Corp
NYSE: EXK

1.66 USD +0.20 (14.14%)

That's made my week.

Have a good weekend folks.

DurhamBorn
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Queens beasts go up in price over the years as they are popular

DurhamBorn
2 hours ago, Agent ZigZag said:

When i get lots i get Brits and Maples mostly but always add a few i simply like the look of.I love the Queens beasts ones and i always get the different Canadian ones.I like the Philamonics etc and the krugs.I have most in bullionvault,but do like some insurance.My dad says you cant bribe the guards if itn in Geneva xD

13 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Queens beasts go up in price over the years as they are popular

Thanks mate.  Was going to ask what ratio you got Brits to 'numismatic' but see you've already answered!

SillyBilly
4 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Still sitting on then sidelines before I get more as I am thinking once the rumour mill starts on how bad Q2 earnings will be it will shake the whole market down again...sell the rumour buy the news in this case :P when it goes on another down leg.

26 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

When i get lots i get Brits and Maples mostly but always add a few i simply like the look of.I love the Queens beasts ones and i always get the different Canadian ones.I like the Philamonics etc and the krugs.I have most in bullionvault,but do like some insurance.My dad says you cant bribe the guards if itn in Geneva xD

I've only got standard britannias but I have picked up quite a few older silver and some gold coins from auction houses. Got some Georgian silver crowns, late 19th C silver dollars, some old portuguese ones, a really nice gold guinea from about 1780 (bought for an absolute steal) and a really random small peruvian gold coin with a hole in it. Quite a heap of pre 1920 3d coins as well. I thinking that the 3d coins will be a good seller in the future if the silver price goes to the moon (in that they will still be affordable to the average punter). It's addictive stuff (and I'm a born hoarder anyway. Mrs S happy until one day I rolled up with 350 1970's sci fi books. These have all been banished to the garage and are not to be talked about :$)

DurhamBorn
2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I've only got standard britannias but I have picked up quite a few older silver and some gold coins from auction houses. Got some Georgian silver crowns, late 19th C silver dollars, some old portuguese ones, a really nice gold guinea from about 1780 (bought for an absolute steal) and a really random small peruvian gold coin with a hole in it. Quite a heap of pre 1920 3d coins as well. I thinking that the 3d coins will be a good seller in the future if the silver price goes to the moon (in that they will still be affordable to the average punter). It's addictive stuff (and I'm a born hoarder anyway. Mrs S happy until one day I rolled up with 350 1970's sci fi books. These have all been banished to the garage and are not to be talked about :$)

Iv got quite a few collections of things from Victorian times that arent legal these days xD Maybe we should set up a Ltd and buy a silver mine ,are there any in the UK?,gold in the lake district in places.

ThoughtCriminal
2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

If you go to the next screen, it's £9,500 delivered. I'm not sure what they charge for storage.

Thanks Sasquatch. For shattering my silver dreams. 😂

I was already envisioning myself buried in a few thousand Britannia’s. 🤤

Oh well. 

14 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Iv got quite a few collections of things from Victorian times that arent legal these days xD Maybe we should set up a Ltd and buy a silver mine ,are there any in the UK?,gold in the lake district in places.

I'm up for it. I've got a spade and now two metal detectors. There's gold in them thar hills. :)

Archived