DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

reformed nice guy

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

I dont follow the market but lots of farmer friends.

All feed prices are up (oats, wheat, soy even silage) but nitrogen prices are up a good bit which they say is unusual

Fantastic info thanks for confirming.  I've heard that livestock is getting culled due to feed shortages, which will lead to a glut then a shortage and ties in with the thread's leads and lags.

Silk Road trade on track: Freight train sets off from China to Russia, drastically cutting travel time

A special China-Europe freight train departed from Dongguan in South China’s Guangdong province to Russia on Wednesday. It will arrive in Moscow within 15 days, cutting the travel time by two-thirds compared with the sea route.

https://www.rt.com/business/513186-china-russia-freight-train/

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

The CBs to keep printing even as inflation starts to move higher.

Like I said previously, things are going to get even crazier with this woman at the helm...

50 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

Like I said previously, things are going to get even crazier with this woman at the helm...

Indeed,she seems to be saying they are happy to print the welfare budget.Of course until everyone is on welfare.Access to the benefits they need means inflating other peoples earnings away.You can do it in a honest way with tax,but that is why people are so angry about scroungers.Through monetizing treasuries/gilts etc you do it by debasing the saved labour people have in their pensions etc.

1 hour ago, Noallegiance said:

This week's entry from Mr Macleod sounds like it partly came from here:

https://www.goldmoney.com/research/goldmoney-insights/keynesians-going-all-in

I'm sure he said there was gonna be a bank collapse or some sort of big event before the end of 2020.  It was a while ago.  I remember thinking he gets it but doesn't quite get it, anyway. Based on my understanding of this thread anyway

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I'm sure he said there was gonna be a bank collapse or some sort of big event before the end of 2020.  It was a while ago.  I remember thinking he gets it but doesn't quite get it, anyway. Based on my understanding of this thread anyway

I think there's something to be said for continual underestimation of tptb and their accounting tricks that continue to make things look far better than they are. Which is saying something.

Can-kicking has been turned into an art form.

8 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

I think there's something to be said for continual underestimation of tptb and their accounting tricks that continue to make things look far better than they are. Which is saying something.

No arguing with that xD

5 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

Not quite getting the leads and lags, but not bad.

1. Will make no difference whatsoever

2. Little to no effect

3. Irrelevant

4. No effect. Would need to import and export more, thats all

5. This export lifting was not because the US was producing so much, it was because the US was producing lighter and lighter oil that it doesn't need, so the author is correct here. Would crater WTI and destroy the US industry.

6. Irrelevant, lead time is too long

7. This is much more important than the author implies, it is the one that will have the biggest short term impact. If Biden banned flaring, much of the shale production would have to shut down. They are producing more and moe gas, and they burn it off as a waste product. Its uneconomical to ship it, so well has to shut.

8. Wont impact price.

Overall, Biden will push prices higher because he will make supply problems worse, not better. Let him deal with American voters when gasoline is $5 a gallon!

Alongside this is the stupidity of not getting more Canadian heavy crude in from Keystone XL. He has 2 other options as I've said: Venezuela and the Middle East (principally Iraq, according to Anas Alhajji). Now that the military-industrial complex is back in power, I'm sure that suits them just fine.

Nice map here from @chigrl:

image.thumb.png.88f10072aeec0b7ef43feaf7dcd855bf.png

You can see why I bang on about Alberta, that's going to bite Uncle Joe on the arse. If Alberta was a country, it would be fifth largest producer in the world after USA, Russia, Saudi and maybe Iraq. And the Biden administration has elected to get it from thousands of miles away. The generals must be licking their lips, because they are going to have to fight for it. And probably fight China for it at that. 

CP, re point 7, have you seen any evidence of any Texas wells, instead of flaring off the gas, they are instead using the 'free energy' to power their own small scale bit mining operations? Sounds bit crazy but I heard this from, I believe, one of the Horizon Kinetics podcasts (they have similar investment view as this thread regarding the energy sector).

15 hours ago, Loki said:

Armstrong has written about grains, more so wheat.  the JJG ETF (no K1 tax form required unlike DBA etf) is a way to invest in it.

Nov 2017: https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/agriculture/the-approaching-famine/Our database on wheat from 1259 forward (excluding our data on the Roman Empire grain prices), reveals that there is a serious risk of famine from 2020 onward. It appears that we may very well enter a 12-year rally into the year 2032. Our Bifurcation Models are reflecting also a gap in time between 2020 and 2031 suggesting a trend appears to last for that period of time...The most serious forecast that we see from our computer models has been a rise in agricultural prices caused by Global Cooling – not Global Warming. Crops cannot grow without the sun and water. Historically, when the weather turns cold, the crops fail.

From April 2018; https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/agriculture/wheat-the-drought-cycle/What our computer is warning about begins next year in 2019 with a Directional Change in Wheat. This cycle appears to be impacted by (1) significant climate change, and (2) the War Cycle. The combination of both is pointing to a bull market in nominal dollar terms.

May 2019 https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/agriculture/are-we-heading-into-a-food-shortage/As I have warned, the computer has been forecasting colder winters and shorter-summers. The planting season will decline and thus the danger of a serious food shortage as we head into 2024.I previously wrote about the soaring bankruptcies among farmers and combine this with the flooding that continues, I believe the computer will be on point. I also wrote about how this year, the Russian wheat crop failed has failed because of the bitter cold with even April coming in as the coldest in more than 140 years. To make matters worse, our computer warns that the weather will not improve. The next 4 years will put even more financial pressure farmers.

Jan 2020 https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/agriculture/agriculture-yield-elected-yearly-bearish-reversal/At the end of 2019, we obtained Yearly Bearish Reversals on crop production in many areas. This is lining up with the ECM and it is warning that weather is turning against us for food production. The market tends to focus only on year/year numbers and ignore the trend on a broader perspective.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/agriculture/coming-famine/We see that food prices should rise between 2022 into 2024 more aggressively but this should be from shortages. There is a 17.2-year cycle in famine. This is what has emerged from our database which extends back to 2200BC. There are times when famine results in war. The last major famine, for example, in North Korea (1994-1998) killing at least 600,000 from starvation. This next famine will begin in 2022 and will extend into 2028/2029 in varying parts of the world. Therefore, it is not consistent with one particular area. However, this attempt for the Great Reset is also pushing the crisis in reducing the food supply at a time when we should be stockpiling it.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/agriculture/food-shortages-hitting-china/I have explained many times that while we see this 8.6-wave of the Economic Confidence Model as inflationary, this is strikingly different insofar as it will be on the back of food shortages.  I have warned that Socrates was projecting food shortages because of the weather. However, now we have these global elitists manipulating the world economy through most likely bribing politicians to further their Great Reset, the likes of Bill Gates has strategic investments in every area including meat substitutes which advocating lockdowns that have reduced the food supply as well. Now we see food shortages impacting even China. Gates may get his wish of reducing the world population by the age-old method of starvation. The most interesting aspect of this is that historically first you have food shortages which result in a reduction of population, but they also lower the health of the population which then makes them susceptible to disease. This so far is on target. We should see the rise in food prices continue and peak in 2024. So once again, stockpile some canned food while you still can.

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Indeed,she seems to be saying they are happy to print the welfare budget.Of course until everyone is on welfare.Access to the benefits they need means inflating other peoples earnings away.You can do it in a honest way with tax,but that is why people are so angry about scroungers.Through monetizing treasuries/gilts etc you do it by debasing the saved labour people have in their pensions etc.

I wonder if the newly pardoned Steve Bannon, if he returns to a strategy role, will turn the proposed Trumpism movement/TV channel toward bashing the Democrat economic policies, money debasement, etc. If things play out as per this thread's thesis then a Trumpian independent candidate (not necessarily Trump himself) could get elected next time round. The establishment think politics will now go back to normal. But what if an intelligent and (social) media friendly type were to emerge, surely they would be a near certain shoe-in come the next election. (Still think Tiger King Joey Exotic should also have been pardoned; Trump really missed out on building his dream team!).       

15 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Go on then, who is it? I'm a sucker for these penny stocks. Got loads of them! :D

PNX metals.  400 bucks in, now down to 270 bucks.   There has just been a trading halt requested by the firm.  Could either mean valueless, or to da moon.  FYI A german investor came in just before new year and bought a huge chunk of shares, which I thought was interesting.

https://themarketherald.com.au/pnx-metals-asxpnx-places-shares-in-trading-halt-2021-01-21/

But 400 bucks is enough to gamble with, I reckon.  If it turns into 40,000 dollars, I'd not complain.

I actually came on here to say it's a sea of red on my screen for overnight on the oilies.  I would have expected a jump with Biden cancelling the pipeline and the supply implications going forward?  What am I missing?

4 hours ago, wherebee said:

I actually came on here to say it's a sea of red on my screen for overnight on the oilies.  I would have expected a jump with Biden cancelling the pipeline and the supply implications going forward?  What am I missing?

Markets arent linear and will go to where they are going in their own time.

Oil on my road map was going to come down from $58 and it got very close.Most people still think oil is finished and the market doesnt want to give the really big profits to people so will keep shaking them out  on the way up.

Biden hates oil.Clinton hated tobacco.In the words of an old bloke i worked with,whatever that daft cunt says,the world will still do a turn in 24 hours.

5 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Markets arent linear and will go to where they are going in their own time.

Oil on my road map was going to come down from $58 and it got very close.Most people still think oil is finished and the market doesnt want to give the really big profits to people so will keep shaking them out  on the way up.

Biden hates oil.Clinton hated tobacco.In the words of an old bloke i worked with,whatever that daft cunt says,the world will still do a turn in 24 hours.

And this:

geordie_lurch
6 hours ago, Noallegiance said:

Yep I'm still not sure tptb haven't got many other tricks to keep the can kicking going like Japan have for so long :ph34r:

Everything in this thread makes logical sense but I have a slightly uneasy feeling that we might look back in 10 years time like many of those who sat out of the property market did around 2018 on ToS thinking I've done everything right and I've still been fucked over via help to buy and low interest rates etc >:(

I think my biggest concern is still the possibility of tptb getting everyone dependent on the state due to Covid and then moving us all over to their Central Bank Digital Currencies forcing the 'smart' ones like us to take a haircut for even trying to protect ourselves from this madness :S

geordie_lurch
38 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

And this:

This was what I was on about the other day when I mentioned an anecdotal about the same factories shutting down again over there due to Covid via my contact who has a lot of stuff manufactured there. It's also been in the news recently VW and other car manufacturers are having to shut down production lines again due to chip shortages.

Such delays are certainly going to push up the price of things in 2021 not reduce them so maybe we will get our inflation quicker than expected?

geordie_lurch

I had a feeling the oilies would drop a bit today but didn't put any stop losses on as I'm hoping this isn't a dumping day by others - BP and Shell down around 2% on open :ph34r:

6 hours ago, wherebee said:

Hong Kong too.  Tokyo OK though.

22 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

I had a feeling the oilies would drop a bit today but didn't put any stop losses on as I'm hoping this isn't a dumping day by others - BP and Shell down 2% on open :ph34r:

BP/Shell/Equinor/Repsol/XOM/Gazprom/Schlum all long-term holds for me. I've been down a considerable amount on them, and I'm not setting any stop-losses.

geordie_lurch
9 minutes ago, BurntBread said:

BP/Shell/Equinor/Repsol/XOM/Gazprom/Schlum all long-term holds for me. I've been down a considerable amount on them, and I'm not setting any stop-losses.

Yeah I'm the same overall BUT as others have said there might be an opportunity to buy a few extra % in each of them during a BK or a SK if you don't have spare cash lying around via having some stop-losses set alongside some buy back prices in ladders but like everything in life there's a risk in trying be too clever  :Beer:

Talking Monkey
2 hours ago, geordie_lurch said:

I had a feeling the oilies would drop a bit today but didn't put any stop losses on as I'm hoping this isn't a dumping day by others - BP and Shell down around 2% on open :ph34r:

In my Sipp and ISA, I have the inflation stocks we discuss. Oilies included, no stop losses as they are to hold for many years

Archived