DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

1 minute ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Im completely on board with the burn it all to the ground sentiment.

Look at us on here. Yes, were ahead of 99% of people because most of them are feckless,bone idle fucking retards. And grateful as I am to FB, CP, SP and others on here for what they've taught the rest of us, I can't quite shake that feeling of "why the fuck should we have to dance, duck and weave like we've had to just to stay ahead of the game"?

If it was 50/60 years ago then everyone on here would be living a nice life with a nice house without much effort. As it is, were governed by fucking sociopaths and surrounded by our countrymen who can't tie their shoelaces without getting benefits for it.

And I still can't shake the feeling that, in the end, we're going to end up being the richest men on the Titanic because, let's be honest, this country is one big lump of deadwood.

Rant over.

100% 

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
geordie_lurch

Shell and BP only up around 3.5% so far which is less than they lost at the end of last week even though we've just seen 10% increase in oil over the weekend :wanker:

EDIT Shell up 5% now - getting there :P

EDIT 2 Shell seems to have increased by almost twice the rate of BP so far which I think might hopefully be another indication of go woke (ESG) go broke although I hold both and don't want BP to go broke!

1 minute ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Can you smell it? PANIC

Dear E Musk, It doesn't work like that if they are dormant then it can take many months maybe years to re-commission. By their nature they are run flat out most of the time as they don't have an on /off switch unlike your wonderful electric cars. Hugs x

8 hours ago, Loki said:

More importantly, are we "tired of winning"?

I thought many here were into gold, oilies and defensive shares?

my BERI, BRLA and MARIACHI shares seem to be holding up reasonably ok o.O

AJ Bell website and App not functioning....very helpful. At least I can watch google to see what I would have won/lost. 

Thanks AJ. :)

Sentiment and double digit inflation are the drivers here,i think my 12% cycle high inflation figure will be hit,again maybe overshoot.

Its critical my roadmap is right on inflation,because our areas will leverage it once things settle down,or keep up with it.Distribution cycle will see capital from other areas move to them.However ,if my cycle calls on inflation are too conservative (12% call looked nuts 3 years ago) then the whole lot will go down as capital is consumed away.

Inflation is terrible for consumer / welfare economies because we dont keep the profits on things,we import them from others.If the government increases bennies and state wages i think we will enter a currency death cycle,its critical here they invest in the backbone of the economy,though they are clueless it seems.Imagine if those in power had taken our work three years ago and worked on it.

Democorruptcy
Just now, DurhamBorn said:

Sentiment and double digit inflation are the drivers here,i think my 12% cycle high inflation figure will be hit,again maybe overshoot.

Its critical my roadmap is right on inflation,because our areas will leverage it once things settle down,or keep up with it.Distribution cycle will see capital from other areas move to them.However ,if my cycle calls on inflation are too conservative (12% call looked nuts 3 years ago) then the whole lot will go down as capital is consumed away.

Inflation is terrible for consumer / welfare economies because we dont keep the profits on things,we import them from others.If the government increases bennies and state wages i think we will enter a currency death cycle,its critical here they invest in the backbone of the economy,though they are clueless it seems.Imagine if those in power had taken our work three years ago and worked on it.

LLOY must be a barometer on UK prospects -9% while HSBC is only -3%. I thought fags might hold up a bit better than some other stuff and I bought a few on Friday. That was too early but let me know when their bottom is in!

1 minute ago, Democorruptcy said:

LLOY must be a barometer on UK prospects -9% while HSBC is only -3%. I thought fags might hold up a bit better than some other stuff and I bought a few on Friday. That was too early but let me know when their bottom is in!

Is this when people do funny pictures of ladders and a big hole 😆😆

I have to say this thread genuinely does cheer me up.👏👏 

Anyone want to buy my Lloyds shares. They are  ‘worth’ 57p per the results statement….happy to let them go for 55p with commission paid 😉

33 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

What sort of moron has been shorting oil?

xD

The 2008 move down from $150 to $30 in 5 months will have them salivating. Oil at this price is an economic wrecking ball. Perhaps Hunter's crash sometime this later this year?

CannonFodder
5 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

have to say this thread genuinely does cheer me up.👏👏 

This thread is the only thing that keeps me sane in a world were everyone else has a woke Faang house is my pension view

M S E Refugee
4 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

Look at those PM miners go :D

Put your feet up this week and enjoy!

Hopefully my big position in PM'S can erase my Russian losses.

34 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

AJ Bell website and App not functioning....very helpful. At least I can watch google to see what I would have won/lost. 

Thanks AJ. :)

Not a problem here...

24 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

DB I came to this site because of your ideas, the likes of MOS have worked out very well for me and for that you have my thanks.

One area where I found myself not in agreement on your theory was the capability of UK gov to come to their senses, onshore and reindustrialise. From personal experience I just don't think we have the human clay in our institutions and political parties to do it and I see nothing/noone waiting in the wings to change that.

Seeing how the pols have dealt with various issues over the past 2 years has only hardened that view and I'm interested in your opinion on the downside possibilities if we don't get things right going forward. How much pain can the currency absorb before the whole system falls over?

23 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I thought fags might hold up a bit better than some other stuff and I bought a few on Friday.

Fags and telecoms have been my worst performers.. but I don’t think they’re fundamentally bad,  they’re just being dragged down by the rest of the market and money outflows into traditional “safe harbours”.

56 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I can't quite shake that feeling of "why the fuck should we have to dance, duck and weave like we've had to just to stay ahead of the game"?

If it was 50/60 years ago then everyone on here would be living a nice life with a nice house without much effort. As it is, were governed by fucking sociopaths and surrounded by our countrymen who can't tie their shoelaces without getting benefits for it.

And I still can't shake the feeling that, in the end, we're going to end up being the richest men on the Titanic because, let's be honest, this country is one big lump of deadwood

This is my feeling too, funny part is when I have a few beers I always wake up at 4am last night I had a few beers and at 4am this morning I was laying in bed pretty much thinking the above

Im 40 years old yet to buy a house as they just seen like over priced pieces of shit have money saved, invested trying to stay ahead 

Always worked never once claimed a penny and wondering what the fuck 

Then thinking about friends and family who are balls deep in debt with kids, large mortgages who are also trying to keep there heads above water and have no clue about half the stuff in this thread 

Poly just showed a mental increase in value on yahoo finance. I logged onto hl to have a look, and it showed me a similar rise there for about 2 seconds before dropping back.

Anybody else see it?

Screenshot_2022-03-07-09-00-11.png

1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

Poly just showed a mental increase in value on yahoo finance. I logged onto hl to have a look, and it showed me a similar rise there for about 2 seconds before dropping back.

Anybody else see it?

Screenshot_2022-03-07-09-00-11.png

Same here, on HL, Investing.com and even in Google. G actually reports 1400 as intraday top so far. Good luck to the buyer if that's the case.

Archived