DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Hang on I'll give him a shout...... @Huntywhat have you been up to now?

They are using every trick in the book and anything else they can dream up to keep a lid on Poly.  
It would destroy the narrative to allow Poly to hit 1400p. They will not delist it, don’t want to suspend it; so drop the Mkt Cap, into the FTSE 250 we go, it will be picked up by FTSE 250 tracker funds at a discount. This bollocks will blow over, and the weak hands are left with their knickers round their ankles. Here’s hoping for 150p, back the arctic up, and wave as they watch and learn.
The market is so so bent.

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThoughtCriminal
19 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I have made one financial decision today. I am getting a solid fuel stove fitted this summer.

Great decision. Nothing like it crackling away on a cold evening.

I do a lot of hiking and the huge piles of logs the forestry commission leave laying around are looking very tempting these days 😂

I bet they start getting targeted soon.

I'm sure it's nothing..............

Democorruptcy
18 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Interesting.

I have about $1000 AUD at home from a previous holiday. I may nip out and buy a new home, a wattage of electricity or bribe an MP.

Decisions, decisions. 😉

1k wouldn't be enough for an MP, even a Penny Mordaunt magic show is 15k these days. We could have a credit thread whip round for a policy we want? We could take Sunak to a Spoons?

3 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Great decision. Nothing like it crackling away on a cold evening.

I do a lot of hiking and the huge piles of logs the forestry commission leave laying around are looking very tempting these days 😂

I bet they start getting targeted soon.

I'm sure it's nothing..............

Nice to see someone outside the basement taking notice of DB!

Bobthebuilder
4 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

DAX Down 4%

European Natural Gas now over $3700 per cubic metre.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I just cannot get my head around that, a typical domestic gas boiler with a heating rate of 12KW will burn a cubic metre of gas in 1 hour........

leonardratso

well, my £200 of poly from last week was worth £1200 this morning nearly, but trying to flog it always ended in a negogiated trade and no quote to hit sell on, so i know it was a fuck up, and by the time quotes were coming in it had dropped to fuck all. Ah well, some you lose and others you lose as well.

Ill drop a limit sell order in for 700pence and leave it forever if i have to. Mofos.

FTSE is back up.....Dow will come out fighting. 

Bloomberg & Co will reconfirm the US is the greatest economy in the world and that sanctions only hurt the ruskies. Remember the dollar is flying and that's a sign of greatness. 

I didn't trade this morning because I think there will be plenty of buying opportunities over the next few days and weeks....marking out my ladders accordingly. Still incredibly glad I sold those Unilever....a good company with some break up value but it consistently underperforming since I bailed....hurray, I got one right and will used the pennies not lost on something soon. :) 

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker

PANIC OVER?O.o

FTSE only down 5 points now...

MELT-UP on the way now?...uncle dave is quiet?:Geek:

EVRAZ is up 55% today ...  @HousePriceMania must be coming in his panties in excitement as he's not posting?!xD

image.jpeg.49c42876e0caa1778a6df04b2c3783a2.jpeg

2 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

They'll take my log burner out of my cold, dead hands.

My fence can withstand an air blast thermo nuclear explosion over Teesside i think (blast distance should be just windows),might paint it white to be sure ,but those calor gas bottles could take the house down xD

Heart's Ease
17 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

PANIC OVER?O.o

FTSE only down 5 points now...

MELT-UP on the way now?...uncle dave is quiet?:Geek:

EVRAZ is up 55% today ...  @HousePriceMania must be coming in his panties in excitement as he's not posting?!xD

image.jpeg.49c42876e0caa1778a6df04b2c3783a2.jpeg

Uncle Dave went skiing with the grandkids in Vermont. Last tweeted 28 Feb. Went for a week 🍻

Yadda yadda yadda
4 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

My fence can withstand an air blast thermo nuclear explosion over Teesside i think (blast distance should be just windows),might paint it white to be sure ,but those calor gas bottles could take the house down xD

It is good to have rigourous quality parameters but that is no longer a fence. It is a fortification.

33 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

I didn't trade this morning

I hear you.  Things like GDX were a temptation to increase by (an unprecedented) fourth ladder but I resisted.  It had gapped up through resistance so thought I'd wait for a retest.  Probably daft as GDX has never followed the rules.  Tempted to do similar with other miners like RIO but that would be hoping overbought becomes more overbought when there are usually less risky plays for the money.  Some big losses on the likes of ABDN but maybe too late now (I already sold down) and better to look at the longer term charts which look better (i.e a double bottom?).  It's a time you earn your money but I have taken a hit.  So be it, you can't have a strategy if you just look at the dailies all the time.

PS:  Spending the rest of the time splitting logs, another hedge as it were!!!!

Transistor Man
56 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I just cannot get my head around that, a typical domestic gas boiler with a heating rate of 12KW will burn a cubic metre of gas in 1 hour........

I would guess There must be a big pressure difference, major pipeline to domestic. So we’d have to take that into account. 

I think the major pipelines are at 50 bar.

Bobthebuilder
28 minutes ago, Transistor Man said:

I would guess There must be a big pressure difference, major pipeline to domestic. So we’d have to take that into account. 

I think the major pipelines are at 50 bar.

IMG_20220307_151528_LI.thumb.jpg.6a3f82a5926f15a687e8c98289caafbd.jpg

Transistor Man
28 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

IMG_20220307_151528_LI.thumb.jpg.6a3f82a5926f15a687e8c98289caafbd.jpg

I see, it’s a standard unit. Thanks.

But the original price must surely be wrong.

It should be: European Natural Gas now over $3700 per 1000 cubic metre.

?

ThoughtCriminal
7 minutes ago, Transistor Man said:

I see, it’s a standard unit. Thanks.

But the original price must surely be wrong.

It should be: European Natural Gas now over $3700 per 1000 cubic metre.

?

I'll have another look, but I saw several quoting 3700 per cubic metre.

Unless they were all using the same erroneous source. 🤔

Yup, just checked and it's per THOUSAND.

Serves me right for trusting twitter anons 🤦

Transistor Man
6 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Unless they were all using the same erroneous source 🤔

Not that the units really matter! It’s up a long way.

The April futures at the TTF hub in the Netherlands soared to $3,899 per 1,000 cubic meters or nearly $374 per megawatt-hour in household terms by 10:00 GMT, the media outlet reported citing data from London's ICE exchange.

Bobthebuilder
8 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Unless they were all using the same erroneous source. 🤔

Yup, just checked and it's per THOUSAND.

Serves me right for trusting twitter anons 🤦

That still works out around £3500 to £5000 a year for an average domestic gas bill, not including electric.

ThoughtCriminal
4 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

That still works out around £3500 to £5000 a year for an average domestic gas bill, not including electric.

Yes, and 99% have absolutely no idea it's coming.

They'll just suddenly realise they can't afford to change cars every two years AND heat their home 

Archived