DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Chewing Grass
13 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

To be filed under "no shit Sherlock".

The White House can get fucked as they are all financial criminals whose dealings are out of hand.

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to remind people of

Memorial Day 2022, Monday, 30 May
United States elections 2022, Tuesday, 8 November

Just under 3 months before oil prices becomes (more of) a political issue.  

4 minutes ago, Cawn said:

Everaz and Poly.

Has anyone managed to buy any today. I've been trying on and off sub £2.

As soon as Poly hits £1.90 I started hitting live quote. Never got one live quote in HL all day. Could sell easily if I had wanted to. I got one quote all day in Poly and that was at £1.95

2500 shares, went to accept and it failed. HL are poor at times.

Got 304 at 1.83. Averaged down. 

24 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

I haven't time to watch the vid just now, however I will still comment. The stock market is not the economy, and stock markets can rally without regard for a real economy imploding. This Ukraine business will soon blow over, and already NATO are divided and backing off from US calls for escalation (eg gas embargo, supplying migs). DH isn't predicting a sustainable rise in markets underpinned by a vibrant real economy, but one last hurrah before the big kahuna.

A ceasefire in Ukraine and a relaxation of sanctions on Russia would trigger a spectacular bounce IMO. Fear and Greed index at 13/extreme fear also indicates we are likely nearing a bottom IMO.

Untitled.png.9c4d979730c3ac00274d6036fa4d5ca7.png

https://money.cnn.com/data/fear-and-greed/

It's all about the real economy rather than the stock market. If you believe what he says is credible, then you will draw obvious negative conclusions for the market that will overwhelm any printing. I don't see new highs in next 6-9 months. Sure we will get bear market rallies at sentiment extremes, but I'm now of the mind to sell rallies instead of buying the dip. And the money I had ready to buy a few more stocks is now going into a downside hedge.

As ever DYOR and make up your own mind but do watch the video, definitely not a waste of time. At the very least it will add to your knowledge as it did to mine.

Lightscribe
8 minutes ago, moneyscam said:

It's all about the real economy rather than the stock market. If you believe what he says is credible, then you will draw obvious negative conclusions for the market that will overwhelm any printing. I don't see new highs in next 6-9 months. Sure we will get bear market rallies at sentiment extremes, but I'm now of the mind to sell rallies instead of buying the dip. And the money I had ready to buy a few more stocks is now going into a downside hedge.

As ever DYOR and make up your own mind but do watch the video, definitely not a waste of time. At the very least it will add to your knowledge as it did to mine.

B4E5B655-88C0-426C-BF36-B40BABC9E020.jpeg

2CC49B53-FD0E-497D-B7F6-15F5A86BDFC9.png

8 minutes ago, Cawn said:

Everaz and Poly.

Has anyone managed to buy any today. I've been trying on and off sub £2.

As soon as Poly hits £1.90 I started hitting live quote. Never got one live quote in HL all day. Could sell easily if I had wanted to. I got one quote all day in Poly and that was at £1.95

2500 shares, went to accept and it failed. HL are poor at times.

First thing this morning, not a chance. I managed 500 poly @ 193p but took ages and I bought to bring my average down but I ain’t recommending people do this. Like you I could sell anytime. I am going to sell some if there is any type of rally this week and then hold a small number ie 1000 for long term recovery or bust.

I know the quoting difficulties might suggest something seemingly ‘rigged’ but I am trying not to over think these things because the share boards are full of conspiracy theories. 

7 hours ago, Pip321 said:

Still incredibly glad I sold those Unilever....a good company with some break up value but it consistently underperforming since I bailed....hurray, I got one right and will used the pennies not lost on something soon.

If I didn't know otherwise, I am sure you are trying to 'wind' me up?!..:-)))

6 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

It is good to have rigourous quality parameters but that is no longer a fence. It is a fortification.

Being an investor I am surprise he doesn't have a 'moat' as well?

5 hours ago, Starsend said:

R.thumb.png.ed36f7db1067f8d47c619d7f4c80e831.png

100% Guaranteed.

Haha takes me back a bit.

Yeah, I remember the Nuke exercise at school hiding under the tables; you believe anything will save you as a kid...in fact probably the majority of the UK population still do?!

4 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

"Boris Johnson says UK will announce new energy supply strategy"

Has @Cattle Prod been having a word with BOJO?! xD

STOP PRESS...STOP PRESS....STOP PRESS....

Here it is....

Treadmill - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lets just hope nobody puts Horlicks into its feed, otherwise we will have to rely on the back-up windmills!

HousePriceMania
7 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

PANIC OVER?O.o

FTSE only down 5 points now...

MELT-UP on the way now?...uncle dave is quiet?:Geek:

EVRAZ is up 55% today ...  @HousePriceMania must be coming in his panties in excitement as he's not posting?!xD

image.jpeg.49c42876e0caa1778a6df04b2c3783a2.jpeg

Im skiing in vermont this week. 

PANIC OVER?O.o

EVRAZ is up 55% today ...  @HousePriceMania must be coming in his panties in excitement as he's not posting?!xD

PANIC OVER?O.o

Im skiing in vermont this week 🤣

HousePriceMania

PANIC OVER?O.o

Skiing in vermont this week 

3 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

2075923624_coffeekek.jpg.ec1799f49d25e4d6589412c7c23b4b0d.jpg

11 minutes ago, Cawn said:

They all count. I reckon their short of stock. When a share has fallen 80% you'd think it's not a buy as why has it fallen so there would be plenty to buy. Yet you can't buy for love or money and the price just remains flat. Something very fishy about Poly. They have just released another RNS tonight. Impressive communication. Someone's going to get very rich off the back of these Russian shares. You can just smell it. I'll go again tomorrow.

I have to admire your confidence!

5 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

"Boris Johnson says UK will announce new energy supply strategy"

Has @Cattle Prod been having a word with BOJO?! xD

Dosnt matter what the supply strategy is, we pay the global price. The only way I can see that we don't pay the global price is to nationalise North Sea gas/oil.

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
@HousePriceMania Are YOU Skiing With DH?

If so, get the INSIDE updated scoop on our ...MELT-UP!:D

GOLD has MOVED into $2000 + territory :Jumping:
Well at least this part of uncle Dave's prediction is coming along nicely...

image.jpeg.87acbc7408641b0eff31a1bb643cb476.jpeg

HousePriceMania

Sad day today, we sacked our gardener when he put his prices up 20%

He's trying to backtrack now but i suspect most of the pensioners he works for have told him to do one

I think a lot of people are about to find out what money actually is 

Bobthebuilder
13 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Skiing in vermont this week 

Love it when that multiple post shit kicks in on this forum. Hated it when it first happened to me.

Spoke to a good Polish friend tonight. His family are in Western Poland border, he has family in Ukraine and not heard from them in 5 days. Very upset as you can imagine, everyone anti-Russian big time.

Never had a Polish builder mate of mine break down in tears before.

HousePriceMania
1 minute ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:
@HousePriceMania Are YOU Skiing With DH?

If so, get the INSIDE updated scoop on our ...MELT-UP!:D

GOLD has MOVED into $2000 + territory :Jumping:
Well at least this part of uncle Dave's prediction is coming along nicely...

image.jpeg.87acbc7408641b0eff31a1bb643cb476.jpeg

I've had to go away on business for a few days, not skiing but glad to see my shares aren't on the slippery slope either 

Boris's energy plan will be to slow the road to net zero,ie some distant future,but it will happen slowly over time,it will also involve getting all the gas out of the north sea and anywhere else on our patch.Queen will of told Canada to send some today as well.I suspect it will involve working out how much gas is in the north sea and working out us getting it all while building out nuclear and renewables.Ripping out the pipes etc before was criminal.

This is the point where the cycle has the polos beat so they rush to re-tool,re-invest etc.No going back.

The message is,we will have to accept cycle long 6% inflation or we get systemic collapse.Everything is going down at the moment,but if we can avoid collapse many will turn up i suspect soon.

What i love though is how all the dis-inflation is being paid back and more.

https://www.lse.co.uk/news/POLY/top-news-polymetal-chair-cockerill-and-five-others-leave-board-fl6norlycyhpvjg.html

If anyone was curious about the mass exodus of the POLY board today - unlike in dodgier companies like POG who love a good boardroom coup, it was of course our gracious establishment that forced 'em out [doffs forelock and tugs hat]

"On Thursday, the Institute of Directors said it was "no longer tenable" for British people to hold board roles at Russian companies."

The pompous twat went on:

"Although directors owe legal duties to the companies on whose boards they serve, they should also feel a stronger moral duty to uphold the fundamental values of freedom and democracy. We believe that it is no longer tenable for British directors to be involved in governance roles in the Russian economy. Therefore, we hope that they will now question the viability of their mandates in Russian and Belarusian companies," IOD Director General Jonathan Geldart said.

39 minutes ago, Cawn said:

They all count. I reckon their short of stock. When a share has fallen 80% you'd think it's not a buy as why has it fallen so there would be plenty to buy. Yet you can't buy for love or money and the price just remains flat. Something very fishy about Poly. They have just released another RNS tonight. Impressive communication. Someone's going to get very rich off the back of these Russian shares. You can just smell it. I'll go again tomorrow.

I was thinking the same about going in again. It will be my last buy for these. Good luck.

Archived