DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Don Coglione
10 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

These are still all over Durham if you know what your looking for.Bricked up entrances to drift mines,this one is near Prebends Bridge in Durham itself.Each colliery had its own banner and every year at the gala Durham people march behind them all in Durham,huge amounts of people.

drift mine.jpg

durham_miners_gala__160709_80.jpg

Is that Kyev?

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bricks & Mortar
27 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

They have a strategy?

Stay warm in bed with plenty of blankets and a hot water bottle.  Old fashioned bed socks and a hat should keep you comfortable.

Animal Spirits
3 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

Like I said, they can't ban Russian energy, and the polos are going to have to row back. They've gone around the world and been told "sure, you can have extra production in 6 mths (Iran), 1 year, 5 years. Translation of Germany's position below is " we care less about the Ukranians than freezing and shutting down our industry because we only have windmills" 

https://www.ft.com/content/94b12297-b7c7-4923-9d95-86f196e90503

image.png.796b10fcb7eb6ed8a37cd544d31f49eb.png

Some of you might remember me banging on about Canada, and the total craziness of cancelling pipelines from there. That's starting to come out in the MSM now, you have the Premier of Alberta shouting from the rooftops. It's a Saudi Arabia there, except it's been buttoned up by its left wing neighbours and an idiotic US administration. A stable western supply, the biggest potential left anywhere in the world. And our idiot leaders are going around begging off Venezuela, Iran and Saudi.

Here's a short clip of former Saudi oil minister Ahmed Zaki Yamani explaining the situation as it was in 1973:

IMHO absolutely essential viewing below from Peter Zeihan. Matter of fact delivery of the stark reality the globe faces due to the paradigm shift we're undergoing. Once you've heard this and understood the massive implications of what he's saying, you can dismiss DH's melt up as now fantasy and that the BK is on. Worth the half hour watch. It will lead you to horrible conclusions but you'll be better equipped than 99.9% of the people out there to anticipate what is coming and prepare.

I know, rather dramatic, but once you get it you won't forget it.

1 hour ago, arrow said:

Well, when politicians like the French minister say they are waging a financial war against the Russian economy and its people, it's understandable that ordinary Russians feel got at

Like they think they're special though?

13 minutes ago, moneyscam said:

Once you've heard this and understood the massive implications of what he's saying, you can dismiss DH's melt up as now fantasy and that the BK is on.

watch.PNG.ff6b7af42d234c560b5bcd4a6120a3b7.PNG

23 minutes ago, moneyscam said:

IMHO absolutely essential viewing below from Peter Zeihan. Matter of fact delivery of the stark reality the globe faces due to the paradigm shift we're undergoing. Once you've heard this and understood the massive implications of what he's saying, you can dismiss DH's melt up as now fantasy and that the BK is on. Worth the half hour watch. It will lead you to horrible conclusions but you'll be better equipped than 99.9% of the people out there to anticipate what is coming and prepare.

I know, rather dramatic, but once you get it you won't forget it.

I haven't time to watch the vid just now, however I will still comment. The stock market is not the economy, and stock markets can rally without regard for a real economy imploding. This Ukraine business will soon blow over, and already NATO are divided and backing off from US calls for escalation (eg gas embargo, supplying migs). DH isn't predicting a sustainable rise in markets underpinned by a vibrant real economy, but one last hurrah before the big kahuna.

A ceasefire in Ukraine and a relaxation of sanctions on Russia would trigger a spectacular bounce IMO. Fear and Greed index at 13/extreme fear also indicates we are likely nearing a bottom IMO.

Untitled.png.9c4d979730c3ac00274d6036fa4d5ca7.png

https://money.cnn.com/data/fear-and-greed/

Just now, Axeman123 said:

The stock market is not the economy, and stock markets can rally without regard for a real economy imploding.

Good point, was it the Venezuela stock market that rallied with hyperinflation? I remember seeing a chart along those lines but can't remember anything else 

Red Debt Redemption
2 hours ago, BadAlchemy said:

Oh god, he's got an 'energy plan'? You just know it's going to be packaged up like...

Eq62GRfXUAUrVuq.jpeg.jpg

Tier 4 very very high energy alert goooooo

2 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

DH isn't predicting a sustainable rise in markets underpinned by a vibrant real economy, but one last hurrah before the big kahuna.

Agreed.  That's key.  OK, ride it up  but everyone got a plan after that, if not before?

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Good point, was it the Venezuela stock market that rallied with hyperinflation? I remember seeing a chart along those lines but can't remember anything else 

Zimbabwe.  It worked until it didn't (currency collapse consumed all the gains).  Exchange closed after that.

1 minute ago, Harley said:

Agreed.  That's key.  OK, ride it up  but everyone got a plan after that, if not before?

Yes, I will cash out 5 seconds before it all drops, and buy Durham.  I will register as a separate state as that is OK now apparently.   Cattle Prod energy minister, I was thinking of you for agriculture and forestry minister.  Nirvana for the YOLO sub-committee of the main financial committee of course lead by durhamborn.

7 minutes ago, Harley said:

TLT/IBTL for the BK, reflation stocks for after?

ThoughtCriminal
38 minutes ago, Errol said:

Looks suspiciously like a default:

There'll be no cheap electric cars this side of eternity, put it that way.

IMG_20220307_162931.jpg

1 minute ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

There'll be no cheap electric cars this side of eternity, put it that way.

IMG_20220307_162931.jpg

To be fair "they" never mentioned cheap xD just that all cars will be electric

8 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

TLT/IBTL for the BK, reflation stocks for after?

Normally probably a "yes".  But I just can't, with all that's recently happened and is happening, see this being just a financial play.  Taxes, regulation, and outright theft type of issues to deal with.

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

To be fair "they" never mentioned cheap xD just that all cars will be electric

or "both", as in "both cars will be electric"

Archived