DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

15 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

LSE cancelled POLY trades.

So how does this work then...can I cancel trades that I am unhappy with?!....someone fuc£s up then they should have to 'learn a financial lesson' in the same way the average punter does.

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Democorruptcy
6 minutes ago, Harley said:

LSE looking into it and may unwind some trades.  ;)

I posted the times affected up thread. It's poor when the LSE becomes as dodgy as Betfair!

2 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

Energy saving lockdowns, anyone?

Absolutely, same game  different script.  Oh, and rationing?  They have to get the sheep used to that too.  Will there be a £36bn "top up and trace" "app" to follow? 

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

A few folk leaving:

Not just poly.  Evraz, etc too.  Defo a canary for worse to come.  FFS, even a former UK MP had to quit as a director!

Democorruptcy
5 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

So how does this work then...can I cancel trades that I am unhappy with?!....someone fuc£s up then they should have to 'learn a financial lesson' in the same way the average punter does.

Precisely, I remember thinking that when I once had £16,776 on a horse in running at Betfair at odds of 29. A lovely green screen voided because of a technical error.

2 hours ago, Pip321 said:

The dollar is strengthening v Euro and Pounds, so it much be working. More bang for your buck, yahoo.

The Western press will keep on with this and they are stronger and more powerful than the readers.....we need to wait for the Dow to hit 20,000, US House Prices to half before a US citizen may start to wonder. 

The narrative will literally be the Russians are starving the world of oil and gas (booooo).....but remember everyone please don't buy Russian Oil or Gas (yahoo). Luckily for the governments many people will just believe the drivel they are fed.  

Anyone lend me a candle? 

I'm very worried about all things euro atm, currency, bonds, etc.  You're right.  They'll play this a long way and we'll experience the equivalent of posters of bayonets and bables.  All this is so not accidental.  This whole thing is an exercise in personal mental agility and willingness to open up our Overton Windows.

25 minutes ago, Harley said:

LSE looking into it and may unwind some trades.  ;)

Can they also unwind my first ladder from a week ago? The one in the red. 

1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I'm sure it'll be fine...........

🤡🤡🤡

I'll been fine.  Gone low carb.  The only wheat I've bought are futures!  Greggs revenge for that cold pasty!

Democorruptcy
32 minutes ago, moneyscam said:

Not yet in any meaningful way IMO from the people that matter and take the decisions. Sure here and there you'll find a Javier reassessing their position but their influence is marginal in the grand scheme of things. I think once food supply chains potentially break down then we will see furious back pedalling as they start to think about saving their own skins instead of playing Globo-Cop.

Have here has just been Bloomberg suggesting there would be some huge margin calls this afternoon when the US markets open.

49 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

image.png.b07156076b592f4a49e8e096f309eccf.png

You would like to think that the average person on the street would understand that blocking petro exports from 3rd largest exporter, in a tight market at the best of times, would lead to ridiculous spikes in the price of energy.  I don't think that the penny has dropped with most people yet that they are in trouble, no doubt they expect big gov to bail them out again.

Its interesting that despite Euro Gas prices being in stupid territory, nothing has visibly blown up yet.  Regulators are no doubt working overtime keeping traders/companies in dire straights off headline news.  I will be amazed if there is no Lehman moment of toxic energy derivatives bubbling away behind the scenes.

It's frightening how little economics is discussed on social media.  They should form a boy band! :)

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
8 minutes ago, kibuc said:

Can they also unwind my first ladder from a week ago? The one in the red. 

I just asked (about my POLY), and the man from HL says...NO! :Old:

Meanwhile...in other news!

Folks DON'T worry about the Russia-Ukraine war - even FOOD SHORTAGES cos...

"UK average house prices RISE the Fastest since 2007" :o

Yep the world has gone BONKERS!😂

Just now, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

Please don't stray too far.  You're my comfort blanket! :)

9 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

It's a crack up boom.

31 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

All good here. I see no ships. 🔭

Just grabbed another lickle bit of Poly.  My average is now down to just over 5.  Shit or bust.

I was talking with the wife this morning, explained what I had done re POLY, and that we would either be rich or she'd have to eat more tomatoes from the garden instead of bread.

She laughed and said I need to lose weight anyway.

:x

1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

This is a good point.

Make sure you're all stocked up on your tinned and dried goods lads. This is only heading in one direction.

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Get some candles while you're at it.

1 hour ago, Harley said:

Absolutely, same game  different script.  Oh, and rationing?  They have to get the sheep used to that too.  Will there be a £36bn "top up and trace" "app" to follow? 

Electricity is a problem, need to get that 4GW of Coal burning and turning, all that gas generation capacity doesn't look too clever at $700+ oil equiv gas.

I bet Carrie is craping it with the risk of her Net Zero being given the boot. Surely something has got to give soon, price cap will be £5K at this rate.

Just now, Phil said:

Drax today. Some poly( stupid I know) as well .... 

Should have read " I picked up some BP last Fri" . Fat thumbs and alcohol when I typed. 

54 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

I’m watching the Gbp/AUD closely at the moment and whilst the houses might’ve gone up in sterling, the Pound is down at least 6% vs the ‘little Aussie battler’ in just the last 2 weeks.

Maybe house prices should be valued in barrels of oil, let’s see how much they’re up then 👍

7 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

I’m watching the Gbp/AUD closely at the moment and whilst the houses might’ve gone up in sterling, the Pound is down at least 6% vs the ‘little Aussie battler’ in just the last 2 weeks.

Maybe house prices should be valued in barrels of oil, let’s see how much they’re up then 👍

Interesting.

I have about $1000 AUD at home from a previous holiday. I may nip out and buy a new home, a wattage of electricity or bribe an MP.

Decisions, decisions. 😉

Archived