DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Bobthebuilder
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

I don't go anywhere near that shithole anymore unless it's made extremely worth my while 

Its my life 24/7, been here for decades.

What do you call worth your while, as an hourly rate?

Genuine question.

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

They did a right shit job anyway, best rip it out and start again.

Anecdotal. Trade work in London is drying up, have a neighbor whos sleeping on site 20 miles from home painting a flat????????????

Not surprised at all, felt this was coming, been positioning myself for the last few weeks for even more flexibility work wise at least cost possible to ride the storm. 

12 hours ago, Boon said:

It would be extremely embarrassing for the Tories to vote a leader in and then do a vote of confidence 12 months later. Not that I can see it happening, even Boris had a period when he was solid. 

Sure the public are going to be pissed off with her, and odds-on there will be social unrest. But IMO she is enacting the policies that many in the party want. I think no MPs are gonna say it but what is the point of handing out loads of cash to people, if they aren't gonna vote for you anyway? 

I think the most likely outcome is Labour winning at the next GE but with a hung parliament it might be real difficult to bring much genuine change in.

She is telling the old farts and armchair generals who make up the Tory membership what they want to hear. Not hard when you're a blond ditz and your opponent is a 'commie darkie'. 😀 😃

She was way out of her depth as foreign secretary, so I can't see her improving as PM, nor can I see her implementing anything radically different from Johnson. 

Starmer is no Corbyn. He is a 'safe pair of hands' - i.e. a vaucous Blairite - as far the media proprietors and The City are concerned. It's the powerful rentiers at the top who benefit from loose fiscal and monetary policy, not to mention the Tory voting landlord class. There will be a lot of very nervous Tory MPs come the new year if the economy takes a turn. What some card carrying old fart in Tunbridge Wells thinks will be the last thing on their minds if the opinion polls are showing a Labour landslide.

12 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Its my life 24/7, been here for decades.

What do you call worth your while, as an hourly rate?

Genuine question.

For London? Nothing anyone would pay when there's plenty of busy fools willing to enter the crucible and undercut each other 

That's no reflection on you as it sounds like you have a good thing going with repeat decent customers etc.  We're in different spheres 

Bobthebuilder
1 minute ago, Rollseyes said:

Will wave at you from my camper when you are putting up your tent in the rain, assuming it's not while I am cooking a pizza in my ridge monkey. 

I will scratch my bollocks in my hotel room as breakfast is served.

Don Coglione
21 minutes ago, tank said:

She is telling the old farts and armchair generals who make up the Tory membership what they want to hear. Not hard when you're a blond ditz and your opponent is a 'commie darkie'. 😀 😃

She was way out of her depth as foreign secretary, so I can't see her improving as PM, nor can I see her implementing anything radically different from Johnson. 

Starmer is no Corbyn. He is a 'safe pair of hands' - i.e. a vaucous Blairite - as far the media proprietors and The City are concerned. It's the powerful rentiers at the top who benefit from loose fiscal and monetary policy, not to mention the Tory voting landlord class. There will be a lot of very nervous Tory MPs come the new year if the economy takes a turn. What some card carrying old fart in Tunbridge Wells thinks will be the last thing on their minds if the opinion polls are showing a Labour landslide.

The PM is merely a figurehead these days (cf Biden); what matters is the advice she/he receives from the mandarins. If Truss has some true macro realists pulling her chain, we might just come out of this in one piece,

leonardratso
6 minutes ago, Loki said:

Is that what they call it these days

hmm sounds like a euphemism for taking a crap.

8 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

We got stuck on the A66 yesterday so I decided to take a detour over the Peninines back to Cumbria and passed through your neck of the woods.

I have never been to Barnard Castle before and I have to say it is stunning, it took ages to get back home but it was a very enjoyable drive home.

I worked there for 10 years at GSK,fantastic around here.I take it you went over the tops through Middleton in Teesdale and over to Alston.If you drove past Brampton back in Cumbria i had a few very interesting weekends staying in The Howard Arms with a sales manager for Greggs from Glasgow, :D

8 hours ago, JMD said:

Thanks DB. Many good points you make there. My fixed energy deal runs out next March, and I think all the prospects of frighteningly high prices are negatively biasing my thought processes!?!

I'd had heard of the industrial energy switch occuring (from gas to coal), but did think this might be impractical for most factories, etc? Confess I am pretty ignorant about this important topic. Maybe someone (technical?) could post more info about the coal energy switch - in terms of how successful it could be for Europe, plus also how long such a change could/would take?

When i started work in 86 most factories still produced their own heat with a boiler room and boiler man.My first ever job was doing work experience with the boiler man at a local clothing company when i was 14.He used to cook our sausages on the top of the boiler.He was only little,but strongest man iv ever seen and he was over 60 then,he used to shovel the coal in but also fix everything.He had a small holding as well.He said come here friday before xmas and il give you a turkey tell your mam not to buy one.So i went and he gave me a turkey in a sack with its head sticking out,very much alive,i had a hell of a job getting it home on my BMX it kept trying to bite my hands.My dad chopped its head off with an axe.

4 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

They did a right shit job anyway, best rip it out and start again.

Anecdotal. Trade work in London is drying up, have a neighbor whos sleeping on site 20 miles from home painting a flat????????????

I work in a very tall office building in London (I’m not going to say where :)) the cranes on the skyline have definitely reduced in number from years past.

Lots of half built construction slowing right down and projects never going to be finished due to Chinese money drying up.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-15/london-property-news-chinese-developers-are-retreating-from-the-u-k-capital#xj4y7vzkg

M S E Refugee
2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

I worked there for 10 years at GSK,fantastic around here.I take it you went over the tops through Middleton in Teesdale and over to Alston.If you drove past Brampton back in Cumbria i had a few very interesting weekends staying in The Howard Arms with a sales manager for Greggs from Glasgow, :D

I did plan to go to Alston but ended up going to Allenheads then on to Haltwhistle back to the A69.

I know Brampton very well and went there every Wednesday in the school holidays to visit family.

4 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

I work in a very tall office building in London (I’m not going to say where :)) the cranes on the skyline have definitely reduced in number from years past.

Lots of half built construction slowing right down and projects never going to be finished due to Chinese money drying up.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-15/london-property-news-chinese-developers-are-retreating-from-the-u-k-capital#xj4y7vzkg

Did some work again in London post 2008 and was surprised at the number of developments, so that is where the mo=ney came from, suppose there is a lot of tied up capital and finishing off existing projects and purchased land added some momentum.

Talking to a friend the big architectural consultancy market is being driven by Saudi work, the Line being a major part. 

12 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What a fucking legend Putin is.

Looks like Russia has just managed to bring the old gang together and now we have the first world and second world and third world categories back again, in the original sense of the terms.

The west vs the east and the neutrals

M S E Refugee

British energy bills forecast to go through the roof https://www.rt.com/business/560718-british-energy-bills-forecast/

My old boss used spend like a drunken sailor and nobody thought that he was rich even though he had loads of material things.

I think Frances O'Grady doesn't realise we are skint like my old boss.

“No one should struggle to get by in one of the richest countries in the world,” TUC general secretary Frances O’Grady said, adding: “But up and down the country, millions of families are being pushed to the brink by eyewatering energy bills. With prices set to skyrocket even further, it’s time to say enough is enough.”

She went on to stress that “Boris Johnson, Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak need to wake up to the size of this crisis. This requires a pandemic-scale intervention.”

7 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

In fairness to them Chinese devopers are retreating from the cities in China as well.

9 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

When i started work in 86 most factories still produced their own heat with a boiler room

Where I did my apprenticeship we also had our own, on site, power station, hospital, fire station and bus station.

At its peak it had 35,000 employees.

CannonFodder
15 minutes ago, No One said:

Looks like Russia has just managed to bring the old gang together and now we have the first world and second world and third world categories back again, in the original sense of the terms.

The west vs the east and the neutrals

Of the other 10 unnamed countries militarys visiting venezuela - they include Saudi Arabia where western oil comes from, Algeria where EU is hoping its future gas will come from, Kazakhstan where uranium comes from and India which is massive

35 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

British energy bills forecast to go through the roof https://www.rt.com/business/560718-british-energy-bills-forecast/

My old boss used spend like a drunken sailor and nobody thought that he was rich even though he had loads of material things.

I think Frances O'Grady doesn't realise we are skint like my old boss.

“No one should struggle to get by in one of the richest countries in the world,” TUC general secretary Frances O’Grady said, adding: “But up and down the country, millions of families are being pushed to the brink by eyewatering energy bills. With prices set to skyrocket even further, it’s time to say enough is enough.”

She went on to stress that “Boris Johnson, Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak need to wake up to the size of this crisis. This requires a pandemic-scale intervention.”

What it shows though is how all wealth can easily be taken,even if you use as little as you can its still a whack with the standing charges,those should be scrapped of course a huge scam.£5k energy bills are horrific for people and wont stand for long,government will have to cover them down to £2.5k i suspect maximum.Of course the problem lies 100% at the polos feet.My dad made an interesting point how energy companies mostly public listed kept getting hammered by government,yet water companies mostly owned by a few elites were allowed to fleece massive dividends with zero investment.Obvious where the back handers and corruption are.

Of course its very very simple why we are here.Massive immigration living of whitey and massive welfare spending consuming but not producing.Unless they tackle those two things hard and then re-build production its a spiral that leads to currency collapse.

So many businesses will be going under over winter and we will be seeing more and more of these can't even imagine trying to run something like a pub, hotel or anything with things you can just switch off with these kinda bills

M S E Refugee
2 minutes ago, Rollseyes said:

Don't think I will ever be able to trust a Klaus again. 

Surely you must still believe in Santa Klaus?

The_Void-Santa-Klaus.jpg

CannonFodder

Indeed, water bills, energy bills and council tax must now be nearing 8k and soon will be £10k

These arent optional and low income folk gonna be rogered

Edit - or those that lose their job

13 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

So many businesses will be going under over winter and we will be seeing more and more of these can't even imagine trying to run something like a pub, hotel or anything with things you can just switch off with these kinda bills

Simple question to these people - do they support the Western sanctions and attacks on Russia? If yes, then I have zero sympathy for their plight. They must suffer the consequences of their choices.

Archived