DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, No One said:

image.thumb.png.e9c26c0f9a72346590a1065de6bc0856.png

+4450%

This analysis is an eye opener.  I should have looked at it earlier.  Might explain polo, etc behaviour as I bet they're in thrall of it all.  That is, our polos, etc are no more than algos! 

19 hours ago, Rollseyes said:

I am basing it on other people telling me I don't smell. I am living off the grid, in a camper, so showering is problematic. 

I do use beach showers though. 

The problem with living off the grid and not having any bills is that I simply hate paying for anything now, because I only spend money of diesel and food. I was tempted to grab two slices of pizza from someones leftovers in a mall yesterday. 

Living on a shoestring budget is my way of controlling inflation. I just wish I knew how to protect my dry powder from getting eaten away. This thread has certainly helped quite a bit though. 

i read that as bleach showers.

2 hours ago, Harley said:

Did you add the dotted line?

No, that's googles line because they dont have the final data for the 3 months, they may have a prediction based on 2 months data for example. 

Menaing it could go much higher

Bus Stop Boxer
23 hours ago, Rollseyes said:

I go days without showers. At the moment I haven't had one for over a week and I know for a fact I don't smell. 

Wet wipes on cock and balls, morning and night. Splash of water on armpits and face. Non fluoride toothpaste. 

Using shower gels and shampoos are bad for you. All those chemicals, might as well have a shot or two of the vaccine! 

Well i sent the lyrics to Julie Andrews, and her people have arxed for a re-write...

2 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Well i sent the lyrics to Julie Andrews, and her people have arxed for a re-write...

I spat my drink out when I re-read that in her voice in my head

Here in Australia it looks like house prices in the next major city are about to go negative.  Year on year Melbourne is now at -0.6% but Sydney has now just hit 0%.

On the quarterly figures Sydney at -5.3%, Melbourne at -3.4% and Brisbane now at -1%.

Adelaide and Perth still not negative on either metric but they're getting there given the daily moves being reported.

5 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

$740 Billion "Inflation Reduction Bill" has just passed in the house.

Ho fucking ho.

Spend money to reduce inflation O.o

It could work here, if they built a load of nukes and subsidised fracking...but it's going to be more stimmies right. 

19 hours ago, Boon said:

Compare that to Sunak who is now groping around to see what can make him appeal to them, it'll be interesting if he decides to come out with a u-turn on something. He is finished in politics for the next few years otherwise.

12 months is a long time in politics, especially if the economy is going to shit.

If we do experience this predicted recession and energy crisis, Truss is going to be extremely unpopular with the general public and is odds on to be punted by nervous Tory MPs well before the GE in 2024.

It won't go to the membership if this happens and this is Sunak's only realistic route to the top job. He knows this and his backers are positioning him accordingly. They all know a monumental shitstorm is coming and are jockeying for positions. I doubt Truss will survive 12 months in No 10 if things get bad over winter. 

57 minutes ago, tank said:

12 months is a long time in politics, especially if the economy is going to shit.

If we do experience this predicted recession and energy crisis, Truss is going to be extremely unpopular with the general public and is odds on to be punted by nervous Tory MPs well before the GE in 2024.

It won't go to the membership if this happens and this is Sunak's only realistic route to the top job. He knows this and his backers are positioning him to be the saviour. They all know a monumental shitstorm is likely. 

Yup this was my thinking.

There is no way the public understands or is prepared to understand that rough has to come before the smooth. Far too much of the good times for far too long. They need to experience the rough first.

If the Tory members don’t get him in this time, she will made a springboard to get him in later down the line.

Why? Because I think we’re going fast forward from here and there’s no saving anything.

Give the public what they want like a Roman Emperor, bread and circuses. Placate them until it collapses and then say ‘We tried, now here’s the solution I’m afraid’   

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/07/15/tony-blair-launches-new-drive-digital-cards-tackle-illegal-immigration/

Blair will help direct things to stay on track. He’s as see through as a tart’s draws.

This despicable piece of shit luckily radiates his sheer hatred for the British population but they are wise to it. 

CC5D4AE3-135E-4F53-911B-73333B9896EE.thumb.jpeg.43dd4db5b946001dc296922172c5cdbe.jpeg

13AC493E-96A7-490E-A9EB-29102E56422A.thumb.jpeg.8329f051049244095e5da646c41a3992.jpeg
F38A5FC4-B4E6-4B3B-95C1-BECF5754644E.thumb.jpeg.4cd725b73678aa927497f90175b3822a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lightscribe said:

0C07A43F-8B3E-4D46-BC2F-AAE426D2FCA7.thumb.jpeg.9d204a35ebd0053d6977341ce6baa8bb.jpeg

Golds gone above $1801!

JP Morgan short team must have gone home early this weekend.

Watch the Asian open on Monday. It’s the best time to dump a load of paper contracts.

4 hours ago, WICAO said:

Here in Australia it looks like house prices in the next major city are about to go negative.  Year on year Melbourne is now at -0.6% but Sydney has now just hit 0%.

On the quarterly figures Sydney at -5.3%, Melbourne at -3.4% and Brisbane now at -1%.

Adelaide and Perth still not negative on either metric but they're getting there given the daily moves being reported.

We intend to hold our Perth house through this downturn given it’s relative affordability/poor performance (depending on your perspective!) relative to the east coast from 2006 up until last year.

I found a 5 year graph but over a 15 year timeframe it would look very similar - better long term prospects but will undoubtedly be knocked around by interest rates in the near term.

0752DF54-454E-4C53-8411-53055D8EEF1D.png

10 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

We intend to hold our Perth house through this downturn given it’s relative affordability/poor performance (depending on your perspective!) relative to the east coast from 2006 up until last year.

I found a 5 year graph but over a 15 year timeframe it would look very similar - better long term prospects but will undoubtedly be knocked around by interest rates in the near term.

I thought Perth house prices went crazy during the mining boom in the early parts of the last decade?

18 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

I'm in the process of building our modest energy efficient home with cash savings.  I'm also just getting on with it as best I can in amongst both the headwinds and tailwinds that come with the current market. 

At the end of the day shelter is in the bottom rung of Maslow's pyramid. We all need it and now that we think we've found the country we want to live long term and with us being absolutely sick of Landlords and Letting Agents it's time.

5 hours ago, WICAO said:

Congratulations to the people of Sydney and Melbourne, thoughts and prayers for those of Brisbane Adelaide and Perth at this difficult time.

3 hours ago, tank said:

It won't go to the membership if this happens and this is Sunak's only realistic route to the top job.

I don't understand how that could work.

baffledbyzirp

Along with domestic house prices, the resale market for luxury watches and handbags has also started to exhibits signs of atrophy with China at the heart of the current correction.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/boom-time-over-rolex-prices-crash-china

The premiums on some models offered by AP, Patek and Rolex were ridiculous creating enormous FOMO and huge demand at Authorised Dealerships. In some cases the price differential between AD and Grey Market Dealers was tenfold. 

In World War II and the October Revolution people were prepared to exchange wrist watches, Faberge trinkets and gold jewellery for safe passage or food. In China it seems that the confidence of the population, expressed via tasteless displays of conspicuous consumption, are ending abruptly. Money shouts while wealth whispers. Are we descending Lazlo's pyramid of needs? If so the gaudy crap that motivates virtually all the contributors to Instagram will represent insanity in coming years.

Archived