DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

30 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

Had a work trip today.

Train this morning seriously delayed

City I went to full of homeless

Train back seriously delayed.

We rapidly becoming  a third world country.

Which City ?

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

Had a work trip today.

On the train did you manage to get a seat, stand or have to sit on the roof. Just working out a what stage the UK is at.🤦🏻‍♂️😆

I have used a train once this year…it was late. Missed a connection and journey ended up taking 5 hours. Quicker and cheaper to travel by car….environmentally friendly my arse. 

Sounds like a shite day for you today. Imagine not helped by the heat  (31 degrees in gods own country)  

2 minutes ago, Spiney Norman said:

Let me guess, Birmingham?

Walking through Birmingham early in the morning is a real eye opener, like Hooverville it is.

Sounds more like Manchester

5 hours ago, Pip321 said:

Apologies, I am talking about taking positions in the short term but for long term holds. So by short term I mean week to week reviewing and waiting for dips in prices of shares I already know I want (the usual suspects eg BP, Rio, BAT, PMs plus 20 others). Once bought I don't 'intend' to sell. 

So not trading per se....rather trying to accumulate but at the same time trying to get in during dips and despite my original intention then maybe sell on a mini rally, to try buy back in cheaper and bring my overall cost of purchase down. 

However I am fairly bad at it...sold HL, Fres and Unilever only to watch them go up another 10%. I know I will be able to get back in on these (or at least other stocks we like) because eventually the BK should let me do so.  Just trying to get slightly ahead...whilst desperately trying to avoid holding when BK comes.

So I am clear longer term but quite nervous short term

No apology needed!  I got what you said.  I don't get hung up with the trader v investor label or duration.  I just buy fundamentally good stuff that looks like it's going up and hold until it turns at which point I sell or sell down.  My preference is to look to the monthly charts for a buy signal (later but higher confidence) but am looking more at the weekly charts (earlier but less confidence so higher risk) in case of increased volatility (where the monthlies msy just be too slow). Kind of the same thing as you and defo also challenged on when to sell!

58 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

Had a work trip today.

In a third world country at least you could open the train windows and not have to live with that urinal cake aroma they all have. 

4 hours ago, Calcutta said:

Boil a pan of water over a small fire in the garden. 

Mix the pan with half a bucket of cold water. 

Take it upstairs to the bath, stand in the bath and use a jug to pour the contents of the bucket over your head. Couple of jugs to get you wet, then apply the soap, then use the rest to rinse it off. 

Simple. Free. As clean as any shower. Absolutely no excuse for being a soapdodger. 

I kind of did this (one kettle's worth) last week when the boiler broke.  It worked fine!

CannonFodder
53 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

On the train did you manage to get a seat, stand or have to sit on the roof. Just working out a what stage the UK is at.🤦🏻‍♂️😆

I have used a train once this year…it was late. Missed a connection and journey ended up taking 5 hours. Quicker and cheaper to travel by car….environmentally friendly my arse. 

Sounds like a shite day for you today. Imagine not helped by the heat  (31 degrees in gods own country)  

That bit ok - very few use them now so seats available

51 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Sounds more like Manchester

You win

CannonFodder
9 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

At this point, Javier may as well just tweet every day: "Good morning. You're all fucked".

Javier's new norm

21 minutes ago, Harley said:

I kind of did this (one kettle's worth) last week when the boiler broke.  It worked fine!

Boiler packed up a couple of years ago, landlord was a little leprechaun with gold chains and a 4x4 so I knew it wasn't getting fixed and bought a trug. 

I could quite merrily wash myself and 4 of the kids with a couple of kettle fulls. Getting their mum to try it didn't work, but she's a born soapdodger and it gave me a good excuse not to pump her for a couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

Found this - shelter's report from dec 21 - pretty grim stats ans that.s before prices go up

https://england.shelter.org.uk/media/press_release/274000_people_in_england_are_homeless_with_thousands_more_likely_to_lose_their_homes

Screenshot_20220811-214244_Chrome.thumb.jpg.eb74c0f4de87584b60445322f1ab7070.jpg

An awful lot of those people will be the people who thought it economically prudent to spend their housing benefit on crack until they were evicted, then crash out in the local crackhouse or on a bench for free. 

CannonFodder
4 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

An awful lot of those people will be the people who thought it economically prudent to spend their housing benefit on crack until they were evicted, then crash out in the local crackhouse or on a bench for free. 

Heroic contributors to GDP, gave it all for national growth

10 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

Found this - shelter's report from dec 21 - pretty grim stats ans that.s before prices go up

https://england.shelter.org.uk/media/press_release/274000_people_in_england_are_homeless_with_thousands_more_likely_to_lose_their_homes

Screenshot_20220811-214244_Chrome.thumb.jpg.eb74c0f4de87584b60445322f1ab7070.jpg

So approximately 200,000 people homeless in London. Are they on the streets? Think we need to define homeless, don't you?

1 hour ago, Spiney Norman said:

Let me guess, Birmingham?

Walking through Birmingham early in the morning is a real eye opener, like Hooverville it is.

Driving on the Bristol rd, Birmingham,  McDonald’s lights, beggars or screen wash. Behind Aston University, lights, screen wash and beggars. Dale end, just beggars as pedestrianised. Mail box, the bbc. Not beggars or screen wash as also pedestrianised.

The Grey Man
1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

At this point, Javier may as well just tweet every day: "Good morning. You're all fucked".

After a long opined discourse.

We are fucked.

The Grey Man
50 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

I have seen a shit load of work related folk farmed out to the magic money tree of Hotel accom. All since Covid.

CannonFodder
25 minutes ago, Phil said:

Driving on the Bristol rd, Birmingham,  McDonald’s lights, beggars or screen wash. Behind Aston University, lights, screen wash and beggars. Dale end, just beggars as pedestrianised. Mail box, the bbc. Not beggars or screen wash as also pedestrianised.

I once watched 4 baliffs evict 2 homeless from a doorway outside of New street station - served them papers and all - very by the book

Birmingham moves them on from the important bits - manchester has given up it seems 

Only place i see homeless sleeping in brum is by tescos on way up to cathedral

Just now, CannonFodder said:

I once watched 4 baliffs evict 2 homeless from a doorway outside of New street station - served them papers and all - very by the book

Birmingham moves them on from the important bits - manchester has given up it seems 

Aghh. Snow Hill. No far from the Sally Ann. Gotta love governments and people who more often than not had no chance in life and them that  made really bad life choices. Not that far from Dale end area  where on Friday the muzzers feed the  homeless. ( not all homeless I suspect). 

The Grey Man
16 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

Endemic here. Even in the burbs.

Fuck knows what happens if we have a hard winter.

We are rapidly a third world nation.

Wait for the Covid revival later on in the year. That will be the cause of all evil

17 minutes ago, Rollseyes said:

I go days without showers. At the moment I haven't had one for over a week and I know for a fact I don't smell. 

Wet wipes on cock and balls, morning and night. Splash of water on armpits and face. Non fluoride toothpaste. 

Using shower gels and shampoos are bad for you. All those chemicals, might as well have a shot or two of the vaccine! 

You can take my olive oil soap from my cold dead hot wet hands

14 minutes ago, Rollseyes said:

I go days without showers. At the moment I haven't had one for over a week and I know for a fact I don't smell. 

Wet wipes on cock and balls, morning and night. Splash of water on armpits and face. Non fluoride toothpaste. 

Using shower gels and shampoos are bad for you. All those chemicals, might as well have a shot or two of the vaccine! 

I don't think person themselves is ever the best judge of the bolded part TBH.

I shower daily, but don't routinely use any kind of detergent/chemicals on my hair and skin for similar reasons to you. They just increase natural oil production so you have to use them everytime.

I can't imagine messing about with wet-wipes instead of just a quick shower, unless I was off-grid. Even 60 seconds in the shower would get you cleaner than all the wet-wipes in the world. If I had to go without a shower I would use a flannel and bar soap, and could probably get by with a half-pint of warm water total.

sancho panza

picture paints a 1000 words .look at whats leading the loserboard....!!

Fed pviot looks inbound to me

YOur average basement dweller having a good day

image.png.ead2a6a0999217ee743011a9ec1b1402.png

Archived