DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Democorruptcy
12 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Postie delivered me a parcel today,like other couriers BUT he had around 14 letters in his hand for my close as well.Other couriers would of had to drive to me for one parcel,then drive away.Royal Mail got to deliver 14 letters as well while here.Thats a massive competitive advantage.Putting prices up higher than demand is falling is the road to riches,just ask BAT.I think your right on letting them drop deliveries some days for letters,especially in some remote areas.Lots of shorts in RM,they will close out soon enough,im starting to buy a few and hope it drifts down some more.

I emailed RM a couple of weeks ago to say I had a business idea for them and asked for the contact details of someone in development. Received an automated reply saying they would respond in 3 days but they didn't. It's cost them millions!

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I emailed RM a couple of weeks ago to say I had a business idea for them and asked for the contact details of someone in development. Received an automated reply saying they would respond in 3 days but they didn't. It's cost them millions!

What 3 words

On 18/05/2022 at 09:48, Boon said:

Must be near £40k gross I would guess.

As usual there is some major detail to the story omitted, clearly people can get buy on £2.3k a month.

Would guess either husband don't work or not there, or over-leveraged on mortgage.

Bingo. £800 a month mortgage. To be fair, quite low by todays standards.

image.png.0fa4893413353a379155b5eaf659c86b.png

image.png.ebf383ef40f99591b6da272d27585f07.png

Got one of those 'We buy gold' leaflets through the post today. They are desperate for the stuff - trying to loot the population of their remaining valuables.

7 hours ago, sancho panza said:

The LD's only hope was to force through electoral reform that would curb the Tories power indefinitely ie proportional representation.The Tories didn't want to surrender their safe seats,understandably so,when you see how rich it's made them, and they talked Cleggy into offering the pulbic a version of electoral reform that was almost possibly as pro Tory and anti democracy as the pisspoor system they were trying to replace(transferable vote-so bascially if the troughing snouts from Westminster didn't pick up on the first ballot,they had a second chance).

Even people like my self who desperately wanted electoral reform voted against it.

Having totally failed to create any meaningful change in money flows to Tory pockets,yer man headed off to create real meaningful liberal democracy at Facebook.

Cleggs legacy was Ukip polling 4 million votes in 2015 and getting 1 seat........

Decl:Ukip voter back then.

100%

3 minutes ago, Errol said:

Got one of those 'We buy gold' leaflets through the post today. They are desperate for the stuff - trying to loot the population of their remaining valuables.

Physical sells at a premium,they want to buy below spot. It is also looking like we could be on for a decent move up in spot prices on top.

Cassiar Gold with a real stinker of a drill at Cassiar South target (high-grade underground). I own them primarily for their open pit target at Cassiar North but I'm putting them on the naughty list nevertheless. No reason to allow more than 1 or 2 strikes in this business, junior explorers are a dime a dozen. Summer drilling at North will etiher confirm them as a hold or seal their fate.

Definitely worth sitting back with a few beers and watching this all unfold now 

In 2008/9 if you didn't lose your job, the biggest impact on most people was actually seeing your mortgage costs drop by a third or more.

Different this time - no escape from the energy costs unless you go the ethnic route and shove 4 generations into the one house.

Wage rises? Many big employers would rather shoot themselves in the head than give the horrid workers more than a derisory rise, whatever the inflation rate. I genuinely believe they will commit (financial) suicide before they give IT workers a true market pay increase, recruiting grads on 22k to fix core systems.

Even the zoomer crypto crew are getting screwed as even their meme stocks are taking a hit.

I'm not 100% anti Tory but it's obvious they have no answers and will try and push Russia and the culture war to distract the plebs.

25 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Physical sells at a premium,they want to buy below spot. It is also looking like we could be on for a decent move up in spot prices on top.

Just got 5 sovereigns. Hope they arrive.

1 minute ago, Loki said:

Where did you order from?

Bullion vault. Obviously there will be somewhere cheaper, but , beers lol and see fres  is up, inflation blah … blah. .  👍

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Bullion vault. Obviously there will be somewhere cheaper, but , beers lol and see fres  is up, inflation blah … blah. .  👍

You should be OK then :Beer:

3 hours ago, Colliedog1 said:

I always send second class, first class is a rip off

Yeah, but have you seen the prices for that recently?!...I sent some Recorded delivery parcels about 6 mths ago and it didnt seem so bad, sent a single small one sheet letter yesterday expecting about £1.50 and it was £2.08!

3 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Yeah, but have you seen the prices for that recently?!...I sent some Recorded delivery parcels about 6 mths ago and it didnt seem so bad, sent a single small one sheet letter yesterday expecting about £1.50 and it was £2.08!

Email it. 0p.

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

I'm not 100% anti Tory but it's obvious they have no answers and will try and push Russia and the culture war to distract the plebs

Well we know what they did last time they were unpopular, and Boris would love his Churchill moment...or should I say Thatcher moment?....although he is not in the same 'league' as either of those two.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Email it. 0p.

Couldn't, had to be 'Snail mail' and knowing the buggers I was sending it to I didn't want to give them any 'excuses', hence the Recorded Delivery.

5 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Couldn't, had to be 'Snail mail' and knowing the buggers I was sending it to I didn't want to give them any 'excuses', hence the Recorded Delivery.

Perhaps you could have taken it yourself.? Would have been cheaper? Just asking.

leonardratso
24 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

@HousePriceManiaShort, sweet, and accurate. Good response there to the economics correspondent from the Bureau of Bullshit Corporation:Beer:

20220519_210702.jpg

Not very good is he for the beebs economics corresponent, follows like 13K people and followed by 1500ish

I liked this reply, hahaha;

SillyBilly
1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

Wage rises? Many big employers would rather shoot themselves in the head than give the horrid workers more than a derisory rise, whatever the inflation rate. I genuinely believe they will commit (financial) suicide before they give IT workers a true market pay increase, recruiting grads on 22k to fix core systems.

Some grad jobs are dangerously close to minimum wage now as they have stuck with these pathetic starting salaries for over a decade now. They work on the basis of advertising a salary sounding better...£22k/annum sounds better and more respectable than £10.58 an hour doesn't it? Grads might start evaluating their options when for only 58p less they can work the tills @ Morrisons and likely a more lucrative "career" opportunity to be on the tills at Aldi where you can earn a bit more with experience under your belt. I think NMW is going to be up at £10.15-10.20 next April (government will be under pressure to at least get near inflation), possibly higher than that. All that debt to effectively earn the bare minimum...

HousePriceMania
3 hours ago, Colliedog1 said:

I always send second class, first class is a rip off

Tories planning to introduce 3rd class 

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Ya wasting ya time with email, better off calling them, i take it you want to be compensated for your idea?

YES?

Licensing the idea is the way to go...

Best book/info on this is by Stephen Key.

image.jpeg.cfb71d322234915b8491c9dc33a81935.jpeg

NO need to buy, here's the YRS price of ZERO, zip, zilch, nada!:Jumping:
Download here:

HousePriceMania
2 hours ago, Errol said:

When I lived in Scotland I did a leaflet myself offering £10 for 1 oz of gold, only bloke that got in touch had 1 eye and went by the name of big Gordon 

Archived