DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Castlevania
42 minutes ago, Starsend said:

Looking closer, it's only the stop loss they're forcing on me, stupid design of the ticket.

Yes you can set it very low so not an issue at this time. I'm interested as to why they've done it though. I don't believe for a second it's to protect me as their business model relies on the opposite. If they start enforcing that I set it at (or above) a certain level then it's game over, new provider.

So they can manipulate the curve to trigger stop losses

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HousePriceMania
8 minutes ago, Starsend said:

Most women at 50+ are ugly fat fuckers with a bad attitude - no bloke in his right mind is going to go there.

I always remember when my kids were at school, many years ago. I was astounded by how many of their friends parents had split up with the woman sat in the house on her arse receiving money from the Government and the ex (I'd guess about 75% - affluent area as well). It was the woman's decision to boot the ex out in almost all cases, father's generally don't want to leave their children.

Now they're going to have to pay for their laziness and bad decisions, well hopefully, if Rishi doesn't keep giving them money.

Women go a bit mental when they hit their infertile years, I think this has a lot to do with it.

That and the shite the media churn out.

All this reminds me of my fag packet calculations from about 12 years ago when I was deciding on having children in the UK. 

I figured on a decade of Tory government not achieving much, a decade of labour government giving away freebies and then 2030ish the new Thatcher Thatcher milk snatcher government putting an end to the festivities. 

Looks like I was just about spot on. Gave myself a 20 year window to rinse as much healhcare and education and housing and bennies out of the state before running off back to the sunshine with my spoils. 

We're all Ronnie Biggs now. 

1 minute ago, HousePriceMania said:

Women go a bit mental when they hit their infertile years, I think this has a lot to do with it.

That and the shite the media churn out.

I've noticed this. They also seem to get very surly. This is not good especially if they're called Shirley.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/05/26/one-million-people-allowed-live-uk-government-accused-breaking/

More than a million foreign nationals were let in to live in the UK last year for the first time in recorded history, as the Government was accused of breaking its Brexit promises.

Home Office data showed that the number of visas handed to workers, students, family relatives and other foreign nationals rose by 35 per cent to 994,951 in the year to March, up from a pre-pandemic high of 739,936.

A further 15,451 people were granted asylum as the number applying for refuge in the UK rose by nearly 45 per cent to 65,008 – fuelled by record numbers of migrants crossing the Channel on small boats and Afghans fleeing the Taliban.

The data also showed that three-quarters of initial asylum applications are being granted, the highest rate for 30 years, despite the Government’s claims to be cracking down on illegal arrivals and bogus claims.

The total one million-plus figure is the highest since 2005, when modern records began, and could be the largest number since the Second World War, although data is difficult to compare because of the different ways in which it has been collected and compiled.

Watch what they do, not what they say etc. Definitely worth bearing this in mind for future developments, especially drought and flooding. Safe to say we're able to import labour for quite some time to come, if things are like this now....

Chewing Grass

I have never felt as loved by the Bank, got a lovely letter today asking for another £6 per month contribution (for the mortgage) it really must cost them more to organise and send these letters than they are making.

12 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

All this reminds me of my fag packet calculations from about 12 years ago when I was deciding on having children in the UK. 

I figured on a decade of Tory government not achieving much, a decade of labour government giving away freebies and then 2030ish the new Thatcher Thatcher milk snatcher government putting an end to the festivities. 

Looks like I was just about spot on. Gave myself a 20 year window to rinse as much healhcare and education and housing and bennies out of the state before running off back to the sunshine with my spoils. 

We're all Ronnie Biggs now. 

Nice one Ron.

leonardratso

wow real anger last few days at the govt and its great plans.

got to agree, i see my gross and net figures on my payslip and ive got to wonder wtf, why do i bother.

Ah hang on, i know why;

image.thumb.png.399ce6a1daedee77d3e4269c3c963431.png

Sorry to repost that picture, i read that story on DM yesterday before it was posted here, but i just cant get over how fat that bloke is, i wonder how many customers will now go back to the mrs's business having seen that, lets be honest here, that fat fucker has no participation in her business, apart from  maybe eating pies in support, i mean come on who in their right mind would let him be seen as part of a beauty business.

Where do Sky News go to ask people about cost of living today, f****** York! O.o

Wouldn't mind moving there myself but couldn't afford it.

3 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

got to agree, i see my gross and net figures on my payslip and ive got to wonder wtf, why do i bother.

Ah hang on, i know why;

Sorry to repost that picture, i read that story on DM yesterday before it was posted here, but i just cant get over how fat that bloke is, i wonder how many customers will now go back to the mrs's business having seen that, lets be honest here, that fat fucker has no participation in her business, apart from  maybe eating pies in support, i mean come on who in their right mind would let him be seen as part of a beauty business.

On the planet Nal Hutta he would be considered quite the catch.

Beauty is in the eye of the ‘beer holder’.

All very cruel….and genuinely have not problemo with fatties, skinnies, fitties, baldies, geeks, uglies, speckies and even macro economists😉😆 etc  

But hey, if you go to the Daily Mail and beg for money and asking other tax payers for more money to support your beauty business, then at least look half normal. Judge lest ye be judge etc.

Fish in a barrel this guy….indeed I wonder if it’s a DM set up😉

4 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

Where do Sky News go to ask people about cost of living today, f****** York! O.o

Went to York about a month ago, weekend away. Hadn't been in 25 years.. 
Beer and food was more expensive than London. 

One percent
16 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Ah hang on, i know why;

I’m trying to work out how he fathered children.  :Sick1:

4 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

York….what a beauty idea. Not too far away from me and indeed we are all feeling the pinch. 

Betty’s Tea Shop prices went up a little….sometimes we can only go for champagne afternoon tea 4 times a week. 

Can we tax students and nurses more or something so my scones and cakes can be subsidised?🧁🫖😆

leonardratso
6 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

On the planet Nal Hutta he would be considered quite the catch.

Beauty is in the eye of the ‘beer holder’.

All very cruel….and genuinely have not problemo with fatties, skinnies, fitties, baldies, geeks, uglies, speckies and even macro economists😉😆 etc  

But hey, if you go to the Daily Mail and beg for money and asking other tax payers for more money to support your beauty business, then at least look half normal. Judge lest ye be judge etc.

yes they like to do that to encourage anger and clicks and ad revenue i reckon,  for example that right hand side column of shame where they often have 'check out lizzo's eye popping curves in latest instagram posts' *lizzo = any fat bird stuffed into an overflowing swimming suit/bikini - but not overflowing in the right places.
As someone said, its all very jeremy kyle....

8 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

Probably, doesn't make it any less real though xD

Bobthebuilder
42 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

It looks like he is in a wheelchair to me, so PIP as well.

DoINeedOne

My partner works in a primary school, When she started the teachers said leading up to September when the top year leaves for secondary school watch how many mums become pregnant

My partner thought don't be silly till she saw it for herself, apparently when your kid goes to secondary school you lose or a benefit is reduced or some shit like that

For some kids = £££

These are the same parents who slag of the school and teachers because there little darling was told off, but don't even sit and read with them, most are going to secondary school with very limited reading and writing skills

Most will blame the school, but the stories i get told and the stress they have with some kids is mind blowing and most of the parents are against them 

“What the welfare system and other kinds of governmental programs are doing is paying people to fail.

As they fail, they receive the money

As they succeed, even to a moderate extent, the money is taken away.”

Thomas Sowell…

Chewing Grass
2 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

My partner works in a primary school, When she started the teachers said leading up to September when the top year leaves for secondary school watch how many mums become pregnant

My partner thought don't be silly till she saw it for herself, apparently when your kid goes to secondary school you lose or a benefit is reduced or some shit like that

For some kids = £££

These are the same parents who slag of the school and teachers because there little darling was told off, but don't even sit and read with them, most are going to secondary school with very limited reading and writing skills

Most will blame the school, but the stories i get told and the stress they have with some kids is mind blowing and most of the parents are against them 

“What the welfare system and other kinds of governmental programs are doing is paying people to fail.

As they fail, they receive the money

As they succeed, even to a moderate extent, the money is taken away.”

Thomas Sowell…

That is exactly the same as what my sons girlfriend deals with at her primary, she started teaching 5 years ago.

DoINeedOne
2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

That is exactly the same as what my sons girlfriend deals with at her primary, she started teaching 5 years ago.

Sad part is they love the kids and want to help them, my partner is leaving most of the teachers don't want to do it anymore but still have university debts and think what else am i going do

I think lucky for my partner she is a TA so didn't go to university

sancho panza

Weak dollar phase beginnign?

Dailies ..yes

weeklies ....looks like a lonely red candelstick on the right

monthlies.... yet to confirm

Could be the exponential phase for oil/gold inbound.We'll see I guess.

image.png.e60bdb700459524b9e911c0fb45498fc.png

image.png.bb79a435932b7188790f3dcbe567cd38.png

image.png.3180f1eef723175b4aacc86320b1d7b8.png

DurhamBorn
2 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

Sad part is they love the kids and want to help them, my partner is leaving most of the teachers don't want to do it anymore but still have university debts and think what else am i going do

I think lucky for my partner she is a TA so didn't go to university

Its why they cant get teachers.They go out with the kids at 3.30 to see all the bennie mothers waiting knowing they will have to go home and prepare lessons etc until 8pm.The economy is telling the government the end is reached and bennies need cutting.Instead their plan is to put them up and hope wages follow.

belfastchild

To detract a second from the doom, gloom and anger, just made a load of pizza pucks with 4 year old caputo flour taken out of vacuum sealed bags. Fermenting as we speak with 2 years out of date fermipan yeast which has been kept in the fridge. Thats me sorted for pizzas well into the apocalypse...

..but...

just back from 2 cash and carrys, stocking up for the match tomorrow night. The UK based one is fucked, empty shelves and prices ridiculous. Local one still pretty full as its mostly local/irish/eu produce but...
...its been a while since I bought in bulk maybe just before pandemic hit? anyway.

Proper bacon (couldnt get smoked) 2.27 kg a tenner when 2.5kg used to be 6 quid or two for a tenner on offer.
3 quid bag of pasta now 6 quid.
10kg bag of rice the same as a 25kg bag was (12 quid? didnt buy one, have enough rice..)
Box of chicken fillets (about 25) 29 quid now, were 20 quid before or the odd time two for 30 quid on offer.
Bought a load of reduced price boxes of good quality sausages. The reduced price is what they were pre covid. (4.70 odds when they were 4.99 beforehand).
Large bags of tortilla chips were 3.10 + vat, Im sure they used to be around the 1.79-1.99 mark
The kilo bags of popcorn chicken and chicken goujons are up from roughly 6.99 to 9.49
Peeled garlic now comes in a vac pack rather than the square plastic tub thing. I suspect there are less there because the price isnt that much higher.
Bags of spuds are now 10kg instead of 20kg, spuds ffs! They grow them here!
Limits on the amount of flour and rice you could buy, now selling beef dripping in catering boxes (didnt see that before) but then again they were in the aisle that used to have the sunflower oil.

Im just a one off occasional buyer so no special pricing, the local supplier is now open to the public after 11am or something so those are prices to the public.

Archived