DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yadda yadda yadda
Just now, HousePriceMania said:

If you shorted Amazon....now might be the time to sell

image.png.3461d45f28cfedf4a58bfed3b468899d.png

What's going on there ?

Have they just done a stock split. One of the big US tech firms was discussing it.

HousePriceMania
1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Have they just done a stock split. One of the big US tech firms was discussing it.

Cheers, just saw that.

Share price to soar according to the commentators.

Animal Spirits
9 hours ago, wherebee said:

but overall I think they lost their chance by not accomplishing the reset during 2020-21 when the COVID panic was maximal.

I think that's a valid point, Covid or whatever else would give the political cover to say "Hey guys, this was unforeseen now your house/pension is worth less sorry about that".

M S E Refugee
1 minute ago, marceau said:

Not likely imo. In younger age groups the ethnic English are a firm minority in all the big cities. The current Brit 'elites' will cling to the delusion until the bitter end, they'll have no choice.

Solution, if it comes at all, will be from rebels or outsiders. One way or another the current crop will be disposed of.

The notion that Open Society, WEF etc are the future is the most laughable shit. All the key players are in their 70s or 80s, decrepit larpers with delusions of grandeur.  The key objective seems to be to recreate the material conditions of the 1990s, only this time with electorates and obligations neatly sidelined so the elites can exist as neo-aristocrats.

It's like an old guy who's spent the family fortune wishing he could go back a few decades to when he was younger and had money. Obviously impossible, but even if it wasn't, he'd still be on the path the led him to his predicament. Decadent and pointless thinking.

The supposed new generation who they've picked to carry the torch are either compliant airheads and dullard nepotes. As soon as the 'olds' go it'll fall to pieces. The wealth gets put into trust and can be easily seized/repurposed by whoever takes over.

The Elites have broken cover like never before and seem desperate to see their dystopia play out before they meet Lucifer.

geordie_lurch
5 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

If you shorted Amazon....now might be the time to sell

image.png.3461d45f28cfedf4a58bfed3b468899d.png

What's going on there ?

A mistake going by every other share ticker I can see

Just now, geordie_lurch said:

Vote of no confidence gone in against Boris via BBC here

Guess we will see if this is just to make sure he can't face another one within the next 12 months or TPTB want a new face for Build Back Better :wanker:

There was an article [dailyfail?] that said they are planning to change the rules to every 3 months. So it may be tactical to lock in the next 12 months by which time surely the sqwalkers will have stopped wittering and whinging about the odd glass of pims [or uneaten cake].

ETA [from the so called article]

No 10 says Johnson welcomes the vote as "a chance to end months of speculation". He will address Tory MPs at 16:00

:

7 minutes ago, Mapper said:

Re entropy, I watched a low budget doc on YT titled something like, "What if all the people suddenly disappeared?"

I can't vouch for its accuracy, but something that struck me was a claim that after a relatively short time (a few thousand years I think), nothing would be left to show humans had ever existed. Even concrete would degrade back into nature.

Actually, there would be one place with evidence of humans...

Don't know if my spoiler text will work, so I pushed the answer below the fold (I hope).

Hide contents

the Moon

Yet we are still finding evidence of stone age humans which would far predate their 'few thousand years', and fossils etc much much older? Sounds like BS :)

5 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Yet we are still finding evidence of stone age humans which would far predate their 'few thousand years', and fossils etc much much older? Sounds like BS :)

Tis true.

Maybe, it was 10s of thousands of years.

DurhamBorn
43 minutes ago, Micky Roberts said:

A well placed source in one of the main UK car distributors tells me that demand for new cars remains very high. The issue is one of supply*. Orders placed today may not be fulfilled until next year.

Demand for used cars has eased slightly but nearly new popular models are still trading at close to their original selling price.

*Reduced production capacity and shortage of key components to blame

When i went back to Cummins 18 months ago for a bit the lines were being shut down regular for lack of the most simple components like gaskets.£3 components shutting down entire factories.Reason being the office staff were working from home and missing stuff all the time and the fact you have to get even simple things from China,India,Mexico etc,no local suppliers.Of course lots of production is now coming back,but complex supply chains are a disaster in these situations.Car and vehicle manufacturers are amazing companies when you look at what they have to juggle.Thats why fags companies were so much better investments though.Baccy,paper,filter.Massive amount on one lorry.

Chewing Grass

May consumer insight report is out.

Consumer confidence in the future UK economy increased in May, following a dramatic fall in March, though it still remains firmly in the negative. 61% of consumers think the UK economy will worsen over the next 12 months, whilst just 14% think it will improve, giving a net confidence level of -47. 

Though this is an improvement on the -64 seen in March, it marks a steep decline from the +26 seen this time last year.

That won't last...

Confidence in current household finances has typically been much stronger, although it has trended downward over the past year. Confidence was at +21 this month, compared to +41 in May of last year. A fifth (22%) of consumers described the financial situation of their household as poor.

Survey was conducted between 13th and 15th of May so was affected by Sunshine and an upcoming Bank Holiday, bearish sentiment will return shortly.

https://consumerinsight.which.co.uk/articles/consumer-sentiment-may-2022

Transistor Man
48 minutes ago, Mapper said:

"What if all the people suddenly disappeared?"

I can't vouch for its accuracy, but something that struck me was a claim that after a relatively short time (a few thousand years I think), nothing would be left to show humans had ever existed. Even concrete would degrade back into nature.

Reveal hidden contents

the Moon

The best I can think of:

The creation of depleted uranium will be a signature of humans that will exist for billions of years. 

55 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

A mistake going by every other share ticker I can see

and the market is currently closed.

1 hour ago, marceau said:

Not likely imo. In younger age groups the ethnic English are a firm minority in all the big cities. The current Brit 'elites' will cling to the delusion until the bitter end, they'll have no choice.

Solution, if it comes at all, will be from rebels or outsiders. One way or another the current crop will be disposed of.

i think the nationalism is nailed on, it's too politically expedient to be ignored, and we're already starting to experience it with the russophobia.  

i don't expect the minority groups will be relevant.  They weren't relevant to the lockdowns, despite all of the claims that there would be riots, there would be military on the streets, that came from some, those areas/demographics were ignored.  They don't have any wealth or much influence. They'll be ignored as the rest of the West creeps into a multi-polar world paranoia.  

And i don't expect the current lot will be disposed of, the landowners in the country have held onto power for hundreds of years.  They know when to give up a few points to maintain domestic stability.   Hyperinflation and rebellions are the real game changers and on one wants those.   

HousePriceMania
58 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

May consumer insight report is out.

Consumer confidence in the future UK economy increased in May, following a dramatic fall in March, though it still remains firmly in the negative. 61% of consumers think the UK economy will worsen over the next 12 months, whilst just 14% think it will improve, giving a net confidence level of -47. 

Though this is an improvement on the -64 seen in March, it marks a steep decline from the +26 seen this time last year.

That won't last...

Confidence in current household finances has typically been much stronger, although it has trended downward over the past year. Confidence was at +21 this month, compared to +41 in May of last year. A fifth (22%) of consumers described the financial situation of their household as poor.

Survey was conducted between 13th and 15th of May so was affected by Sunshine and an upcoming Bank Holiday, bearish sentiment will return shortly.

https://consumerinsight.which.co.uk/articles/consumer-sentiment-may-2022

Confidence up after hand outs.  Weird that.

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
2 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

Is that why the stock market is flying ?

Nah...it's cos of uncle Dave's prediction, WATCH and LEARN!

giphy.gif

P.S - I've still only been 95% well - however I think I've turned a corner with some SECRET info that most doctors are NOT even aware of, (it's NOT taught in medical school cos there is NO money/patent in this) I kid you not, anyways will be posting this info in the relative forum section soon...

I've gotta get 100% well, as i'm the organiser (self appointed xD) of the "Durham-meetup/pissUP" along with my sidekick @MrXxxx :P

21 minutes ago, feed said:

i think the nationalism is nailed on, it's too politically expedient to be ignored, and we're already starting to experience it with the russophobia.  

i don't expect the minority groups will be relevant.  They weren't relevant to the lockdowns, despite all of the claims that there would be riots, there would be military on the streets, that came from some, those areas/demographics were ignored.  They don't have any wealth or much influence. They'll be ignored as the rest of the West creeps into a multi-polar world paranoia.  

And i don't expect the current lot will be disposed of, the landowners in the country have held onto power for hundreds of years.  They know when to give up a few points to maintain domestic stability.   Hyperinflation and rebellions are the real game changers and on one wants those.   

Agree on the minority groups not having power, but they are a tool used by the powerful, and will remain so. When I refer to elites I don't mean Uk landowners or toffs (who imo don't have much power either and haven't in a long time), but the mass of middle class dross that occupies our institutions and politics, along with the supranational cartels that control/utilise them.

You will get nothing approaching nationalism (even in name only) from the cartels, it's literally works against their interests. The dross beneath have been very succesfully conditioned to view nationalism as evil (one of the few areas where they are permitted to acknowledge the concept). As long as these groups are in power there will be no nationalism or nation-based solutions.

Anti-Russia is entirely trans-national in its approach; a NATO military operation backed by all the usual global orgs. UK military is just as ideologically, doctrinally and legally compomised as anything else in the UK. Globalists wearing a skin-suit of a previously national insitution is part of the standard playbook.

1 hour ago, stoobs said:

Was it this?

Yes, that's it.

I was just clicking through it and a quote jumped out at me - "Man's mastery of nature has always been an illusion".

HousePriceMania
13 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

P.S - I've still only been 95% well - however I think I've turned a corner with some SECRET info that most doctors are NOT even aware of, (it's NOT taught in medical school cos there is NO money/patent in this) I kid you not, anyways will be posting this info in the relative forum section soon...

:Beer:

42 minutes ago, Transistor Man said:

The best I can think of:

The creation of depleted uranium will be a signature of humans that will exist for billions of years. 

I guess nothing complex would survive. Okay, there would be evidence, but it would be buried deep underground as nature reclaimed the planet. A visitor to Earth would find nothing to immediately indicate humans had existed. But, there would still be whatever was left on the moon. Which is a load of junk apparently! Including bags of urine and excrement. Nice.

11 minutes ago, marceau said:

Anti-Russia is entirely trans-national in its approach; a NATO military operation backed by all the usual global orgs. UK military is just as ideologically, doctrinally and legally compomised as anything else in the UK. Globalists wearing a skin-suit of a previously national insitution is part of the standard playbook.

This, i guess, is were we disagree.  Because it isn't the usual global orgs, this time, it's just the West.   

The globalists, in my opinion, are done, and a East/West divide is what replaces it.  

Yadda yadda yadda
53 minutes ago, feed said:

It is the globalists that will get dumped. They're a very recent addition on top of established power structures. Big domestic landowners have profited from an increase in population but would be fine if it stopped.

34 minutes ago, feed said:

This, i guess, is were we disagree.  Because it isn't the usual global orgs, this time, it's just the West.   

The globalists, in my opinion, are done, and a East/West divide is what replaces it.  

I don't care about globalist power as it relates to China, Russia or anywhere else. I'm English and I care about its power and impact HERE, where at present it is stronger than ever.

You are correct that we SHOULD be moving back to national interest as the policy foundation. We SHOULD in fact have done so back in 2009, following the financial crisis - the last remaining prop failure in the hostile national takeover known as the 'Blair project'.

By that point foreign policy had failed with Iraq & Afg; domestic policy had failed with 7/7 bombings, the oh-so mysterious rise of the BNP in places like Rotherham, and the astonishing fuck ups of Tax Credits and EE migration. PFI was recognised as a goat fuck, Brown was a deeply unpopular oaf, and the absolute economic failure of the financial crisis should have finished the whole rotten project off for good.

People may remember Cameron making a lot of noise about 'national interest' during the early phases of the coalition, I'm not sure if he meant it or not. In reality, what was occuring was a slow, stealthy doubling down of trans-national policy in pretty much every failed area. Totally inexcusable behaviour that made no sense for a British govt to engage in. Of course the secret was that the British govt wasn't the driver, the supranational cartels were. They had enough control (principally through Blair-gov implemented legal process) to guide everything back in their direction. Within 2 years we're fucking around in Libya, engaging in totally fake 'negotiations' on EU terms, bottling benefits reform, launching ridiculous corporate welfare schemes like help to buy and extending QE to the end of time. The global project marched on.

And here we are, back in a hole, with a govt that doesn't know who it's for, where it is going or what it is doing. No political opposition whatsoever and complete legal, social, information and moral control in the hands of people we can't reach. 'National' isn't coming back under those conditions, even though it's desperately needed. That's the power of politics unfortunately.

Archived