DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lightscribe
11 minutes ago, King Penda said:

This has just appeared for sale no idea what it’s worth or if it’s real

F06644CA-8195-4E10-8D7C-E798D7F34A92.png

Yup would most likely be real a Superocean Heritage would about £4k new in 2017. Was considering one on Tesco points exchanged x3 to Goldsmiths back then but decided to go the extra mile for a Rolex BLNR instead (sadly sold now)

502D9A84-4BAA-4FD3-A185-659E10706541.thumb.jpeg.d0543a54e11768767e64066befb64940.jpeg

King Penda
1 minute ago, Lightscribe said:

Yup would most likely be real a Superocean Heritage would about £4k new in 2017. Was considering one on Tesco points exchanged x3 to Goldsmiths back then but decided to go the extra mile for a Rolex BLNR instead (sadly sold now)

502D9A84-4BAA-4FD3-A185-659E10706541.thumb.jpeg.d0543a54e11768767e64066befb64940.jpeg

Very posh .we will see a lot more luxury items for sale the problem is the sheer number of fakes and it’s real value.

leonardratso
4 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Very posh .we will see a lot more luxury items for sale the problem is the sheer number of fakes and it’s real value.

not as posh as mine, and its right twice a day; proper cheap as well and can change the design every day;

Best 45 Rolex Tattoo Design and Ideas For Men And Women

** Genuine -  not a Lolex.

leonardratso

Actually i quite like cheapo watches since i treat them like shit, so ive got quite a few seikos and orient automatics, few cheapo casios and citizens - all low budget, all filthy and some just smashed and buggered, chinese crap like pagnali design with seiko NH35 movements in them are my favorite since i dont feel bad about scratches and scrapes, invicta grey market watches are cheap and pretty accurate - again i think seiko inside - im not a value collector, its just a watch to me, got to marvel at the glass back ones and the engineering that goes on in the automatics, i didnt even wear one for 2 years cos of my slipped neck disk on the left hand side, just recently cranked a few of them up for swapping around on my left wrist to get used to them again being there.

King Penda
7 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Actually i quite like cheapo watches since i treat them like shit, so ive got quite a few seikos and orient automatics, few cheapo casios and citizens - all low budget, all filthy and some just smashed and buggered, chinese crap like pagnali design with seiko NH35 movements in them are my favorite since i dont feel bad about scratches and scrapes, invicta grey market watches are cheap and pretty accurate - again i think seiko inside - im not a value collector, its just a watch to me, got to marvel at the glass back ones and the engineering that goes on in the automatics, i didnt even wear one for 2 years cos of my slipped neck disk on the left hand side, just recently cranked a few of them up for swapping around on my left wrist to get used to them again being there.

I wear them on my right am I a philistine 

22 hours ago, MMax said:

@Yadda yadda yadda I have never visited Christchurch and am thinking of going there for part of a SW holiday this summer.  Is Christchurch and area worth a visit?

2 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Christchurch has always been mainly a pensioner type place, The priory is nice and worth a day visit, you can get there in 30mins from Bournemouth Etc.

I had the worst meal / service ever in a Christchurch restaurant many moons ago, its the only time in my life that I nearly came to fisticuffs in a eatery.

If you stay in Bournemouth (has a lot of nightlife, if that's your thing), then many nice places to reach from there for a day visit. Swanage, Cranbourne chase, Blackmoor Vale, New Forest, Salibury, etc etc.

Going East to West.

Christchurch smells of wee and is the oldest town i have ever visited. Iirc its oldest in terms of pop.

Like the living dead, but deader.

Shops are all motability, wound dressing etc.

Im envious of the river esp the but with the fishing punt. Totally wasted on tge population.

Mudeford spit Hengsbury head is v nice and worth a visit. I love the area around the estuary esp Stanpit 

I like Southbourne esp the high street which reminds me of the seaside before it fell to bits. There are some good eateries n pubs.

Boscombe is a multi ethnic shithole. You cannot let your kids go in the  MaccyD toilets by themselves at 8am - junkies n  prossies.

Comedy orthodox jewish hotels along cliff. If its 40c you might catch a glimpse of a fat hair leg ... in a woolen stocking.

Theres prob a 'not seen a jew sweat so much since ...' joke in there.

Bmouth is fucked, but fucked in an interesting way - to me. No real shops, some good eateries. Bit punchy, full of junkies and the most pikeys at play that ive sedn bar blackpool.

If you want an example of why attracting tourists, students and oaps is a bad idea then bmouth is your place.

Poole the town and surrouding estates is like middlesbrough.

The poole satellite small towns are even worse.

Brownsea island is worth the trip.

Avoid driving in after 8am. Get a train and use the buses.

leonardratso
4 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I wear them on my right am I a philistine 

burn the witch.

43 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Going East to West.

Christchurch smells of wee and is the oldest town i have ever visited. Iirc its oldest in terms of pop.

Like the living dead, but deader.

Shops are all motability, wound dressing etc.

Im envious of the river esp the but with the fishing punt. Totally wasted on tge population.

Mudeford spit Hengsbury head is v nice and worth a visit. I love the area around the estuary esp Stanpit 

I like Southbourne esp the high street which reminds me of the seaside before it fell to bits. There are some good eateries n pubs.

Boscombe is a multi ethnic shithole. You cannot let your kids go in the  MaccyD toilets by themselves at 8am - junkies n  prossies.

Comedy orthodox jewish hotels along cliff. If its 40c you might catch a glimpse of a fat hair leg ... in a woolen stocking.

Theres prob a 'not seen a jew sweat so much since ...' joke in there.

Bmouth is fucked, but fucked in an interesting way - to me. No real shops, some good eateries. Bit punchy, full of junkies and the most pikeys at play that ive sedn bar blackpool.

If you want an example of why attracting tourists, students and oaps is a bad idea then bmouth is your place.

Poole the town and surrouding estates is like middlesbrough.

The poole satellite small towns are even worse.

Brownsea island is worth the trip.

Avoid driving in after 8am. Get a train and use the buses.

Thanks to both.  I don't think you have quite sold the area to me, lol.  I may explore around Chester and Shropshire and mid Wales instead.

I am torn between going abroad and staying in the UK, due to being unvaccinated.  We usually head to the Cote d'Azur, but Macron and his restrictions, has put us off this year.

Any recommendations of nice towns and villages are welcome.  We are not really walk in the hills or countryside types.  We like nice urban scenery, river walks, good restaurants and cafes, interesting individual shops, a bit of history.  Nightlife is not important, but not dead. Something similar to Chester, but  even nicer would suit.  A bit of old England and nice with it!

7 minutes ago, MMax said:

Thanks to both.  I don't think you have quite sold the area to me, lol.  I may explore around Chester and Shropshire and mid Wales instead.

I am torn between going abroad and staying in the UK, due to being unvaccinated.  We usually head to the Cote d'Azur, but Macron and his restrictions, has put us off this year.

Any recommendations of nice towns and villages are welcome.  We are not really walk in the hills or countryside types.  We like nice urban scenery, river walks, good restaurants and cafes, interesting individual shops, a bit of history.  Nightlife is not important, but not dead. Something similar to Chester, but  even nicer would suit.  A bit of old England and nice with it!

Bath. Or, better, the other Bradford.

Chewing Grass
2 minutes ago, MMax said:

I am torn between going abroad and staying in the UK, due to being unvaccinated.  We usually head to the Cote d'Azure, but Macron and his restrictions, has put us off this year.

Chester>Llangollen>Ellesmere>Oswestry>Montgomery>Bishops Castle>Clun>Knighton>Builth-Wells, Hay-on-Wye and on to Hereford.

Beautiful and loads to see and visit either side of the road if you do a bit of research.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Chester>Llangollen>Ellesmere>Oswestry>Montgomery>Bishops Castle>Clun>Knighton>Builth-Wells, Hay-on-Wye and on to Hereford.

Beautiful and loads to see and visit either side of the road if you do a bit of research.

Thanks that route sounds interesting.  Any stand out places/experiences?

Bobthebuilder
17 minutes ago, MMax said:

Blandford Forum.

The Crown hotel is very nice.

Joncrete Cungle
18 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

^^^ This ^^^ I was going to recommend Bulith - Hay - Leominster - Hereford.

Chewing Grass
18 minutes ago, MMax said:

Thanks that route sounds interesting.  Any stand out places/experiences?

Scenery and architecture along the whole route, nice pubs, food, cafes. Market towns of Welshpool and Oswestry, border Castles like Clun, the River in Hay-on-Wye and the bookshops etc. Relaxed atmosphere and driving once past Welshpool. Stokesay Castle, Llangollen all of it plus the Railway and Castell-Dinas-Bran (the view). Welshpool & Llanfair Railway and I dare you to walk across the Pontyscylte Viaduct.

Edit just checked the spelling of 'the viaduct' and you don't often get this many reviews for anything on Google.

159202951_Screenshotfrom2022-06-0522-07-45.png.547bd24d3c328932b8e2be4f41a40a8c.png

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

Scenery and architecture along the whole route, nice pubs, food, cafes. Market towns of Welshpool and Oswestry, border Castles like Clun, the River in Hay-on-Wye and the bookshops etc. Relaxed atmosphere and driving once past Welshpool. Stokesay Castle, Llangollen all of it plus the Railway and Castell-Dinas-Bran (the view). Welshpool & Llanfair Railway and I dare you to walk across the Pontyscylte Viaduct.

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

Sounds good. I will do some research.  Thanks again.

King Penda
37 minutes ago, MMax said:

Go to Ludlow it’s got walks lots of old buildings and an interesting history https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feathers_Hotel,_Ludlow. I’ve slept in that bed there are two rooms with 4 posters 

58CC364F-35BD-4496-B05A-9204C1FE7FD7.png

2 hours ago, King Penda said:

Only buy from reputable dealers. 

1 hour ago, MMax said:

Sounds good. I will do some research.  Thanks again.

Don't forget Shrewsbury, big factor for us moving to nearby Telford area. Ironbridge a must see, Much Wenlock nice too.

Without pissing on anyone's chips here chaps if the whole great reset/global communism/you'll own nothing and be happy bullshit has any basis in reality - I need to ask, can you be certain that everything you've ever worked hard and invested for ever be seen as a sure thing? That's how things used to be. To me it's looking like the West is circling the drain. If I were you fellas I'd be looking on liquidating at least a small proportion of my life's work into something worthwhile..kruggerands, rolexes etc. There's no way I would be expecting things to just carry on as normal. Don't wanna be a shoeshine boy/canary in the coalmine type but I think it needs mulling at least.

Luckily for me i've only got £14.79 in the bank but the point stands:Old:

On 04/06/2022 at 16:42, Yadda yadda yadda said:

People who don't work yet don't cook either. State of it.

Could almost argue the government are subsidising the gig economy.

33 minutes ago, lid said:

great reset/global communism/you'll own nothing and be happy bullshit

I had quite expected that to be part of the ~2030 happenings, but I'm not sure now

1 minute ago, Loki said:

I had quite expected that to be part of the ~2030 happenings, but I'm not sure now

As in never or sooner? I’ve got fa anyway.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

As in never or sooner? I’ve got fa anyway.

Sooner, although if it happens now we skip the whole reflation thing i think that's why i thought end of decade they go full commie 

Archived