DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Noallegiance
4 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Well at least we're the best in the world at...........being furthest behind the curve by a fucking mile.

IMG_20220621_201721.jpg

So a model from the 1990s is more accurate than Keynesian ideas about fighting inflation but still fails to take into account the understating of inflation from over a decade prior.

We really are fucked.

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MrXxxx said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/rolls-royce-to-give-staff-£2000-to-help-ease-cost-of-living-crisis/ar-AAYH6SS?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ

FFS, it would be nice if they gave their shareholders a dividend before that started dishing OUR money out to 'charity cases'!

Pretty sure this is a scam. Pay 2k as a one off bonus with a 3% I think pay offer [but call it 7% total raise] and thereby get away with not paying the increase [2k part] in year 2 3 4 etc. LLOY doing the same. Unfortunately [as a RR holder] the unions have seen right through it and are threatening strikes I think.

jamtomorrow

Jap bond yields have started vibrating. And as one of the replies points out, if this was a piece of machinery you'd be looking either for hard cover or a STOP button about now.

Stability is the variable that's hidden until it isn't.

23 minutes ago, jamtomorrow said:

And as one of the replies points out, if this was a piece of machinery you'd be looking either for hard cover or a STOP button about now.

That's a really good analogy 

Jap bond yields have started vibratingxD

HousePriceMania
35 minutes ago, BWW said:

Pretty sure this is a scam. Pay 2k as a one off bonus with a 3% I think pay offer [but call it 7% total raise] and thereby get away with not paying the increase [2k part] in year 2 3 4 etc. 

This making the inflation worse.... 

Virgil Caine
53 minutes ago, jamtomorrow said:

Jap bond yields have started vibrating. And as one of the replies points out, if this was a piece of machinery you'd be looking either for hard cover or a STOP button about now.

Seismic signals of an impending earthquake or eruption….

1 hour ago, BWW said:

Pretty sure this is a scam. Pay 2k as a one off bonus with a 3% I think pay offer [but call it 7% total raise] and thereby get away with not paying the increase [2k part] in year 2 3 4 etc. LLOY doing the same. Unfortunately [as a RR holder] the unions have seen right through it and are threatening strikes I think.

Yes, I've been saying this about the £1k payments the banks and universities have been handing out.

sancho panza

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/average-uk-food-shop-rises-by-380-a-year-094514305.html

Average UK food shop rises by £380 a year

The average UK household is set to spend an extra £380 ($467) on grocery shopping this year, as food prices increase at their fastest rate in 13 years.

According to new data from Kantar Worldpanel, grocery price inflation surged to 8.3% in the last four weeks, up from 7% a month earlier, and the highest level since April 2009.

It represented a rise of more than £100 on the extra sum families were paying in April, adding further pressure to the sharp cost of living crisis, amid surging energy bills, and record fuel prices.

CannonFodder

Work gave us a surprise second annual pay rise out of the blue. This is in addition to the normal annual one. Never happened before.

Certainly getting interesting

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

9.1% inflation and rising, caused by money printing 

Fake news. It’s caused by the Putin gas price hike and nothing else but that.

2 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

I used to smoke.Less nicotine,id smoke more fags,doubt Biden will have much power after the mid-terms anyway,the public wont forgive inflation in gas prices.Amazing that the first thing he did in office was similar to the first thing you say to your date "you look fat in that" in banning the new pipelines ensuring you were dumped as soon as you went to the toilet.

11 hours ago, jamtomorrow said:

Lets hope the solution is printing more money, because that's what's the BOJ is going to do!

HousePriceMania
7 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

Lets hope the solution is printing more money, because that's what's the BOJ is going to do!

At least Japan shows how long the QE/0% IRs scam can go before the currency collapses.

We have 10 years or breathing space I reckon 

31 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Fake news. It’s caused by the Putin gas price hike and nothing else but that.

https://185.79.236.174/news/557580-biden-fails-putins-price-hike/

Just 11% of Americans believe Russian President Vladimir Putin is to blame for record high gas prices in the US, according to a Rasmussen poll published on Tuesday. The majority instead blame US President Joe Biden.

More than half (52%) of respondents to the Rasmussen poll conducted last week pointed to Biden’s poor energy policies as the reason gas has become unaffordable, meaning the administration’s “Putin’s price hike” narrative does not appear to be catching on.

Biden says #putinpricehike, but voters disagree. Who is to blame?

All voters: Biden (52%)

Republicans: Biden (80%)

Democrats: Oil Companies (46%)

Independents: Biden (54%)

Those who blame neither Biden nor Putin point their fingers at oil companies, with 29% of respondents suggesting the industry is leveraging the current geopolitical instability to jack up its prices.

Perhaps aware that his “Putin’s price hike” narrative no longer holds water, Biden has been leaning toward blaming oil and gas companies for the ruinous costs of fueling up, recently accusing the industry of “making more money than God.” The president has insisted that oil companies are deliberately holding back from drilling “because they make more money not producing more oil.” 

M S E Refugee

I love a Morrisons Caramel Slice and used to buy one or two a week as a treat.

They were £1.35 for 65g, they disappeared from the shelves for a few weeks and they have returned weighing 50g for £1.35 meaning an increase of 30%.

I now make my own Caramel Slices.

ashestoashes
2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

9.1% inflation and rising, caused by money printing 

22% producer input prices, batten down the hatches

Democorruptcy
46 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

I used to smoke.Less nicotine,id smoke more fags,doubt Biden will have much power after the mid-terms anyway,the public wont forgive inflation in gas prices.Amazing that the first thing he did in office was similar to the first thing you say to your date "you look fat in that" in banning the new pipelines ensuring you were dumped as soon as you went to the toilet.

Yes, Biden wanting to reduce nicotine is old news. I can see one of those unintended consequences scenarios. People will smoke more, while they do that it gives them more time to offer one to someone else and get them smoking, it should make fags cheaper to produce so the profit margin increases. If share prices dropped on the news, it makes them a buy? I suppose it might make it easier to stop smoking but is there any need when there's less nicotine in them? :)

Archived