DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joncrete Cungle
16 minutes ago, Transistor Man said:

They sanctioned Russian coal imports earlier this year, due to be implemented from August? Will India buy Russian coal on the cheap then sell it to Germany at a smart mark up? About 75% of German steam coal for power production used to be imported from Russia, when coal use was falling. Now it is suddenly more important.....

belfastchild
1 hour ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

They sanctioned Russian coal imports earlier this year, due to be implemented from August? Will India buy Russian coal on the cheap then sell it to Germany at a smart mark up? About 75% of German steam coal for power production used to be imported from Russia, when coal use was falling. Now it is suddenly more important.....

Lignite.

Brown coal. Shite, in other words.

Its what Trump was referring to vs 'clean coal'

On 18/06/2022 at 12:54, Harley said:

bmc

The trick to being 18 is to remember to do it again...

3 hours ago, JMD said:

'SGT. at Arms' eh? ...'past' and 'future' eh?     The clues are all there plus I've been paying close attention to your sequence of pics Harley. Go on admit it, this one is you in your (slightly) younger days is it not ?!?!

So your saying that Harley is Kim Coates the actor who appeared in the great series 'Sons of Anarchy'?

Awesome.

Don Coglione
On 18/06/2022 at 14:11, Lightscribe said:

That’s precisely why I’m glad why I did it in my late 20’s. I was in the financial position to and at an age where I could burn the candle at both ends and in the middle at the same time. Full moon parties, drinks and ladies one night, then tracking up trails/mountains/temples or riding elephants the next etc.

Although still relevantly fit in my 40’s a bit with a sciatica here and there means I wouldn’t be able to keep to the same rapid pace today and would need a few days recover, plus £ to foreign currency ratios back then meant I lived like a king on the funds I had.

#MeToo. Did it during my peak years 30-34 - peak fitness, looks, energy, confidence, curiosity. Did it again for a bit in my early 40s and just wasn't the same (partly because I was married!). 50s now, don't feel the need. 

As for @Lightscribe, this coincided with a time when travel was cheap and accessible in ways I do not see returning. Plus GBP was on a bit of a rip and a quid went a long way almost everywhere.

Don Coglione
22 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Never had you down as a Macc Lads fan Mr Durham. One of the best live bands I have ever seen.

She'll get fed up of buffets and one day she'll come back,
'cause she knows that all the real men live in Macc,
She'll tell me that she loves me and she hated livin' with toffs,
So I'll slip her a length and then I'll tell her,
Fuck off.
I used to go out with her 'cause she cooked a nice bit of grub,
She may have been a beauty queen but I'd rather go down the pub.

The irony is that Macclesfield is now really posh!

Don Coglione
7 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

I was just trying to squeeze out every possible penny of profit. Though to be fair, you can already hardly move at your house with all those tins of Asda corned beef, so where would you put any more?

Anyway on to other matters... there's an interesting article about private equity, how they sucker in pension fund managers etc with free booze etc, that poses an important question about the future! Some snippets:

Those were about financial stuff but this bit poses the BIG question:

Which pop performers will you arranging for the Durham Summit and what's the dress code? We definitely don't want Duran Duran.

Sounds like an episode of "Billions".

Don Coglione
3 hours ago, leonardratso said:

should ask stuey, reckon hes pretty good at this.

Right Hand Rule | PASCO

I think @Stuey favours weighted pull-ups over curls, to blitz those guns.

Democorruptcy
3 hours ago, THEFREEMAN said:

You reckon the UK might get some real infrastructure again in the next 10 years?

Stuff like reopening and rebuilding all the train line and stations that were shut down post war? Maybe rebuild inner city tram lines, Or rebuild all the cycle lanes that were replaced with an extra lane for A roads

some of these shithole places in the north have become shitholes because there is literally no public transport

or will they just force everyone to sit in traffic on the M1 in an EV instead of a petrol car by taxing everyone

What I want to know is if the railways were shutdown for ‘losing’ money, why don’t they shut down the motorways when there has never been a car company that hasn’t gone bankrupt? Why do gubbermint cunts and lefties love EVs so much, and why do republicans and white van men love petrol cars so much? Why are they all obsessed with fucking sitting in traffic

I was going to say people prefer cars instead of public transport in the UK because with our crap weather, at least they are always dry inside. However I've just remembered the leaking sun roof on my old Rover 25, so I can't say it now.

Democorruptcy
6 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Dress code is anything better than a rag ,so we look better than 99% of them.Being frugal we will have to do our own entertainment,so il bang out a tune in The Fighting Cocks.

This is one of those non financial tips from this thread that is pure gold. If ever at a karaoke night (calm down you miserable buggers) the song to do is The Human League's, Don't You Want Me? As the alcohol was flowing one night, I realised that song works on many levels. Phil is a bit flat so you don't have to worry about not hitting any high notes, part of it requires a girl singer so you don't have to sing the whole time, plus I had my eye on a lovely girl I'd met that night and when I asked her "Have we to do it together?" I got that tell tale twinkle in her eye that said she was up for it. 

Don Coglione
2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

This is one of those non financial tips from this thread that is pure gold. If ever at a karaoke night (calm down you miserable buggers) the song to do is The Human League's, Don't You Want Me? As the alcohol was flowing one night, I realised that song works on many levels. Phil is a bit flat so you don't have to worry about not hitting any high notes, part of it requires a girl singer so you don't have to sing the whole time, plus I had my eye on a lovely girl I'd met that night and when I asked her "Have we to do it together?" I got that tell tale twinkle in her eye that said she was up for it. 

It was the archaic grammar wot did it.

48 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I was going to say people prefer cars instead of public transport in the UK because with our crap weather, at least they are always dry inside. However I've just remembered the leaking sun roof on my old Rover 25, so I can't say it now.

shit answer

holland, denmark etc, majority of people dont bother driving and they have shit weather

leonardratso

not that old chestnut again.

I want to take a shit myself, but i cant be arsed to go upstairs, so ill just put up with it and bake a cake in my bowels for now.

leonardratso
38 minutes ago, THEFREEMAN said:

im want to kill myself

why not kill yourself financially, open a bitcoin/crypto trading account and go large and long with some of that alabama cash, then when you fall asleep wait for tuesday and go large on the FAANGS and tesla/nio etc.

Youll be dead (broke) within the week the way things are going.

On 19/06/2022 at 12:06, Virgil Caine said:

is capital he now qualifies for all means tested benefits.

Yeah that makes it a no brainer really if the alternative is he would use the 50k slowly to pay for rent, the shopping and leccy until it was under the limit to get those paid by the social.

If he would otherwise have used it for holidays or good time or two, he made a choice of that or a gamble at the million that the btc could maybe deliver.

Aren't the odds better with euromillions or something though?

On 19/06/2022 at 13:33, MrXxxx said:

I think you have 'Hit the nail on the head' here...this is the issue, at the moment 'coins' are being used more for speculation [and so behave more like a stock] than for buying goods/services...when/if this changes [change prompted by the recent crash destroying speculators confidence?] then maybe they will behave more like a store of wealth/exchange.

I understood there was a lot us use of coins for drug purchases. Is that true and are there any stats?

On 19/06/2022 at 11:48, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Surely a lot will have taken their original stake out or a bit of profit. Top slicing as we would call it on here, when referring to shares. Although it does seem that a lot of people aren't emotionally capable of that. By selling some they think only of the profit they're missing out on. For them it is either all or nothing.

I haven't got my head round top slicing.

Example: GLEN. bought jul-aug 20. cost ca 20k. sold half feb-apr-jun 22 proceeds 30k. Divis paid maybe 3-5k. So ignoring the divis, that share has paid me 10k for buying at the right time and I now hold shares valued at 35k which I paid nowt for [is one way of looking at it]. The price is now 10% off their top.

Why wouldn't I want to own more of something that was so great?

OTOH if I think they're going down soon, why would I not sell the rest. OK, there's no risk of a 'loss' on this overall but in a portfolio it needs to cover other likely losses that at some point will become forced [one or two of POLY EVR CINE HOC etc] to make the whole portfolio look OK.

Top slicing feels a bit like fence sitting.

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

why not kill yourself financially, open a bitcoin/crypto trading account and go large and long with some of that alabama cash, then when you fall asleep wait for tuesday and go large on the FAANGS and tesla/nio etc.

Youll be dead (broke) within the week the way things are going.

Yeah imagine the blast you could have if you really were going to top yourself. You could put everything you have on a giant trade and maybe you make a billion. I'd rob some banks and take up surfing, chat up the fittest burds I could find. If it all went well you could end a billionaire shagging fit burds and surfing and you wouldn't want to kill yourself anymore - if it doesn't, well, you were gonna kill yourself anyway.

Just my thoughts but it seems a sound plan to me.

Don Coglione
8 minutes ago, Starsend said:

Yeah imagine the blast you could have if you really were going to top yourself. You could put everything you have on a giant trade and maybe you make a billion. I'd rob some banks and take up surfing, chat up the fittest burds I could find. If it all went well you could end a billionaire shagging fit burds and surfing and you wouldn't want to kill yourself anymore - if it doesn't, well, you were gonna kill yourself anyway.

Just my thoughts but it seems a sound plan to me.

Patrick Swayze is dead, mate.

leonardratso
55 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

Patrick Swayze is dead, mate.

ill bet they couldnt shut the coffin lid.

and the non richtus smile probably meant they couldnt have an open casket either.

Talking Monkey
2 hours ago, leonardratso said:

not that old chestnut again.

I want to take a shit myself, but i cant be arsed to go upstairs, so ill just put up with it and bake a cake in my bowels for now.

I'm crying with laughter you funny bastard, well played. 

Archived