DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
M S E Refugee
2 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

The Crypto mullering continues, BTC around $18k   

Crypto-Bull Greg Mannarino sold out of his Crypto yesterday.

I wonder if the money exiting Crypto will go into Gold and Silver.

10 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

It might as his did, his followers could do the same                                  

Democorruptcy
15 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Merryn sounds like she's fuming her £4k is now worth £1k.

All in all, so far all that bitcoin — and the other cryptos — have proven themselves to be is temporarily turbocharged plays on money printing. I can make a case for there being residual value in almost any asset. I can’t make one for bitcoin. I’ll keep holding my £1,000 worth (once £4,000 worth) as a tiny hedge against my old-fashioned thought processes. But when I use the templates of the past to tot up the current value and the expected minimum value of my overall portfolio (this is not a happy calculation to make) I will continue to value it at £0.

The article was more about stock markets and included this bit:

Lamont has also looked at how long losses have lasted in previous market collapses — in nominal terms. If you had stuck with stocks after the first 25 per cent fall in markets in 1970, 1974, 2001 and 2008 you would have been even after somewhere between 2 and 4.8 years.

If you had dashed for cash after a 25 per cent fall instead, that number rises very substantially — to 5.3 after the crash of 1974, and to very big indeed post-2001, as you are still under water.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcontent%2Fe61d8b93-8195-43a8-826a-b03c48cd5627

29 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Out of stocks completely apart from commodities too I think.  Weird cos he called the first 'COVID crash'

29 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I suppose something with zero yield but which physically exists is a step up on a zero yield load of ones and zeros.

Gold/Silver are banker kryptonite so I'm not counting on a moon shot just yet.

2 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

I suppose something with zero yield but which physically exists is a step up on a zero yield load of ones and zeros.

Gold/Silver are banker kryptonite so I'm not counting on a moon shot just yet.

Yep, any sign of a PM melt up will be 'managed' or maybe its different this time ..

2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

If you want to spread your money across smaller winners, instead of double up on those that had it the target bottom and were the biggest winners, that's fine. Each to their own. It's only money.

I'd love to, no fees and I'd be spraying and praying all over the places. 

But unfortunately I have to hide in the toilet at work to make my moves, which would be fine, but the last screen I see before I walk out is the one where it tells me I've just contributed £50 in fucking stamp duty and I get back on the shop floor looking like I've been molested in there. 

So my ladders are large, painfull, strict and emotionless. If it means wiping my arse with worthless cash for a few years then so be it. 

Fucking Sunak can fuck off if he's nicking fifty quid off me every lunchtime just to hand it over to his bitch wife. 

M S E Refugee
10 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

Yep, any sign of a PM melt up will be 'managed' or maybe its different this time ..

https://www.apmex.com/product/240679/2022-1-oz-american-silver-eagle-coin-bu

Over a 60% Premium on ASE's on APMEX, I would conclude that this is nearer the real price of Silver.

I'm still in two minds whether to buy any Silver Britannia's due to the VAT.

16 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

They can manage it until they can't. 

Screenshot_20220618_203525_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.03c774e20cfc223a6c3b5a4b25897891.jpg

9 hours ago, MMax said:

In the second they made it virtually impossible for the unvaccinated to travel overseas.

...but this is quickly being dropped, and once you have 'escaped' this island we live on they would find it very difficult to follow you all across Europe/Asia unless they are prepared to guard every mile of border [impossible]. As for health/Health Service, do you think what they provide is really that good?...the majority of it is issuing pills to treat the symptoms rather than resolve the issue, and the issue is often linked to diet or mental well-being, so can potentially be managed by the individual. Ask yourself, what did people do in the UK before the NHS?

3 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

...but this is quickly being dropped, and once you have 'escaped' this island we live on they would find it very difficult to follow you all across Europe/Asia unless they are prepared to guard every mile of border [impossible]. As for health/Health Service, do you think what they provide is really that good?...the majority of it is issuing pills to treat the symptoms rather than resolve the issue, and the issue is often linked to diet or mental well-being, so can potentially be managed by the individual. Ask yourself, what did people do in the UK before the NHS?

Got dragged off to die in shitholes for the sake of a country that despised us. 

8 hours ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

find when I set limits I keep putting things off as other things come up. Deffo next year, or the next and the next because.

Yep, and then you find another month/six months/year has gone and nothing has changed. At this point you just have to 'take a deep breath' and 'jump'.

16 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

I'm still in two minds whether to buy any Silver Britannia's due to the VAT.

Likewise, VAT puts me off buying any more silver. HOWEVER, do make sure you put any UBI funny money aka 'council energy rebate' into silver or gold... also any benefits and credits you are able to legitimatey receive that you dont actually 'need'. That currency should not exist in the system to begin with, it steals your time and saved labour, and silver is a great way of preventing that theft and simultaneously saying eff you to those attempting to rob you.

7 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Just got a letter from Equiniti regarding my ABRDN shares, which I have sat on for years since a got them when they de-mutualised. I only have a few hundred but to me it smells like somebody wants the little guys out so they can round up more shares.

I'm going to sell them as they ain't going to make me anything (too small a holding) and I've had them for 16 years.

It just smells like something is afoot.

abrdn.thumb.jpg.3dcd9b0cbc56c5e0e84c489166124744.jpg

Look at what they charge you first!...from memory it just wasn't worth selling them once you have paid the fee...let them have the hassle of being your FOC broker, and when they realize its not working they may not take the pi$$ with their fees!

3 hours ago, Calcutta said:

Had Al-Jazeera on whilst doing the dishes and they're covering a TUC protest in London, against inflation it seems. 

The people they spoke to were doing the usual complaining about nurses using food banks and needing inflation linked pay rises. I'm just wondering, is anybody there asking for higher interest rates? 

Those vox pops are always the same.  Anyone with savings will be glad of an interest rate rise which includes all those who are saving for a house.  I would also applaud if someone pointed out that instead of fat-cats getting rich on share options blah, blah,blah......someone could mention stock markets also contain shares which pay into peoples' pension pots so the workers also gain.

Lightscribe
2 hours ago, Plan-b said:

The Crypto mullering continues, BTC around $18k   

My marker was that it won’t go below $10k in a BK (excluding regulation intervention) let’s see if I’m right ;)

I was pretty near the mark with the rest of it though when BTC was $65k :D

4 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I agree that people should have autonomy and ownership of everything personal to them. Your data is yours and my data is mine. Under no circumstances should I be compelled to share it. Where do you draw the limits? One obvious first step in compulsion is for crossing borders (a benefit for technocrats from Brexit?). In my view a photograph and a name are sufficient. This is not the view of either the EU or the USA, where fingerprints or other data will be taken.

Probably time to use buzz phrases from the left, such as 'agency', against these projects. You don't have agency if you don't control your personal data.

The problem is currently people are prepared to give it away for a few Clubcard points or a 'free' social media subscription.

4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Is that the laddering tactic in tatters? Might as well have waited for a crash and just bought at the bottom ladder?

Nobody knows when things will turn.I did wait for a crash,most of what i bought was down 50% to 80% before first ladder,some fell so fast i got lucky in that i missed a ladder and got two at a lower price.I knew Mosaic would run hard once the printing hit,but i didnt know if it would bottom at $12,$10,$6 etc.Trying to work out bottoms is useless and the reason why most lose investing or give up,they spend most of their time being scared of being down,they want the profits but are scared of the losing,their energy is used on fear instead of hard work trying to work out likely sectors to do well etc.This thread even gets full of fear on any falls when its what you want.

Anyone who used ladders and bought the sectors and shares on here will be up by big amounts.Anyone in the Vanguard 60/40 will be up 2%pa after costs,im up 48%pa in the same timescale and i positioned into more conservative stocks rather than ones with more multi bag potential.

Iv yet to see any better way for serious investors to invest than to use ladders and use their time for things they can actually gain from.Im buying the wealth managers now.I think the sector will deliver over time,but i have no idea when it will bottom,and i dont care ,though i tend to regret when things turn too quickly and you end up with small holdings.

The work helps you miss a lot of the falls and the ladders help you then position with emotion removed.

29 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Got dragged off to die in shitholes for the sake of a country that despised us. 

No they didn't get dragged off, they went like lemmings due to peer group pressure...much the same as Covid the last two years...if people have learnt nothing in the last two years its that their paternalistic overlords despise them, and apparently aren't afraid to show it either.

3 hours ago, Calcutta said:

Had Al-Jazeera on whilst doing the dishes and they're covering a TUC protest in London, against inflation it seems. 

The people they spoke to were doing the usual complaining about nurses using food banks and needing inflation linked pay rises. I'm just wondering, is anybody there asking for higher interest rates? 

Retired copper in my street just bought a brand new sports car,other one his wife i Range Rover,they are oblivious to inflation with index linked pensions.My daughter in a nurse and is very well paid,im glad she is,she has loads of sick and would of been sacked 20 times over in the private sector.

Chewing Grass
16 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

Look at what they charge you first!...from memory it just wasn't worth selling them once you have paid the fee...let them have the hassle of being your FOC broker, and when they realize its not working they may not take the pi$$ with their fees!

25p per share with a max charge of £50, so it's £50 if I use them. They are fishing for the people who were 'gifted' shares when they floated.

10 minutes ago, janch said:

Those vox pops are always the same.  Anyone with savings will be glad of an interest rate rise which includes all those who are saving for a house.  I would also applaud if someone pointed out that instead of fat-cats getting rich on share options blah, blah,blah......someone could mention stock markets also contain shares which pay into peoples' pension pots so the workers also gain.

The problem is @janch I have been waiting for this moment for the last 20 years, but now it appears to be here I don't think I want it anymore!

Archived